Pizza Bob

How Do LEO's Feel About Gun Control, CCW Etc?

Ran across this interesting survey of 15K LEO's, active and retired. The results are more in line with my expectations than the tripe we usually see trotted out by the anti's - which usually reflect the attitude of the chiefs and/or other political appointees as opposed to the rank and file. Enjoy...

http://ddq74coujkv1i.cloudfront.net/p1_gunsurveysummary_2013.pdf

Adios,

Pizza Bob

A disarmed public can only enhance job security, dependency is the key to public employee unions.

Did you even lookat the survey?

The responses were overwhelmingly pro-2A.

Here's a breakdown of the results:

http://www.policeone.com/Gun-Legislation-Law-Enforcement/articles/6183787-PoliceOnes-Gun-Control-Survey-11-key-lessons-from-officers-perspectives/

Bottom Line Conclusions

Quite clearly, the majority of officers polled oppose the theories brought forth by gun-control advocates who claim that proposed restrictions on weapon capabilities and production would reduce crime.

In fact, many officers responding to this survey seem to feel that those controls will negatively affect their ability to fight violent criminals.

Contrary to what the mainstream media and certain politicians would have us believe, police overwhelmingly favor an armed citizenry, would like to see more guns in the hands of responsible people, and are skeptical of any greater restrictions placed on gun purchase, ownership, or accessibility.

The officers patrolling America’s streets have a deeply-vested interest — and perhaps the most relevant interest — in making sure that decisions related to controlling, monitoring, restricting, as well as supporting and/or prohibiting an armed populace are wise and effective. With this survey, their voice has been heard.

Just step up to the mike and cameras and tell the public that you will not enforce laws that go against the second amendment, when that happens it will mean something, answering a poll means nothing. LEOs out west have stepped up to the cameras and done the right thing, I dont ever see it happening here.

Just step up to the mike and cameras and tell the public that you will not enforce laws that go against the second amendment, when that happens it will mean something, answering a poll means nothing. LEOs out west have stepped up to the cameras and done the right thing, I dont ever see it happening here.

That would be the greatest thing ever if our LEO's refuse to punish us for these criminals that have taken over our government!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That poll and others like it represent the views of rank and file LEOs, not the politicians that run their agencies.

And the big difference between NJ and out West is our effing voting public.

The CLEOs who have 'stepped to the cameras' and filed lawsuits are almost always Sheriffs. They're elected by the people and are therefore accountable. And since the electorate is comprised of reasonable, unbrainwashed Americans, the Sheriffs they elect tend also to be reasonable unbrainwashed Americans.
Police chiefs on the other hand, are appointed by politicians, and don't generally give a fuark about our rights. 

In NJ, Sheriffs are also elected, but by the same dingbats that elect the Sweenys and Weinbergs of the world, so there's that.

Their opinions, just like their lives, are no more important than the average "civilians".

I don't know why people warship what the police have to say.

Depends what they are expressing an opinion on.

I go to a doctor not a construction worker for medical advice.  If I need computer advice I'll ask an IT guy not my barber.  Asking the police (the ones out there doing the job) for advice on law enforcement or dealing with crime seems pretty reasonable to most people.  Its not worship but going to a source having knowledge of the topic.

Do you really hate police so much that you still are critical of them even when they seem to support what you do? 

This is certainly not "COP Bashing" just an observation on human nature.

No matter what polls say you can expect Unconstitutional and Unjust laws to be enforced by rank and file LEO.

Do you think Joe LEO cares more about his livelihood, feeding his family, and his pension than your rights?

You bet he does...

They will violate the Constitution if they get an order to do so.  If you don't believe that prove me otherwise.

What ever happen to the "Oath Keepers" ?  Do they still exist?  

This is certainly not "COP Bashing" just an observation on human nature.

No matter what polls say you can expect Unconstitutional and Unjust laws to be enforced by rank and file LEO.

Do you think Joe LEO cares more about his livelihood, feeding his family, and his pension than your rights?

You bet he does...

They will violate the Constitution if they get an order to do so.  If you don't believe that prove me otherwise.

What ever happen to the "Oath Keepers" ?  Do they still exist?

Akin to any other group...stickers patches meetings a lot of posturing and .....yeah nothing......more laws and doors starting to get kicked....

Great info, thanks for posting.

So, LEO's responding to this poll overall pretty much indicate that they think and feel the same about our gun laws just as the rest of us do. That's great. Now THIS is the type of info that needs to be utilized by the media and our elected officials, not a bunch of BS. But yet, the mainstream media continues to regurgitate skewed info contrary to this. WTF. 

GRIZ made an excellent point about getting info from the proper sources and this is just that type of info from the proper source(s). Who else see's various street level crimes and their impact on society on a day to day basis and can make the most reasonable cause and effect assessment based their own observations? Surely not some part time politician or even some journalist.  No instead, they'll quote a guy like Charles Mainor and use his views as gospel to further their agenda. Troubling to say the least.      

That poll in no way indicates the quorum of leo votes compared to the whole country unfortunately.

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

And you know this how? How about some data to back up your assertion?

And you know this how? How about some data to back up your assertion?

I don't know. But how do you think using a poll of about 16000 leos can depict any other's true thoughts in the whole country? Believe me, I love the tallies but come on..... They say even over geography but that can even be way off.

Is this any different than when we crab about the media saying they took a poll of 1200 people and found 90% are anti gun?

Follow what I'm getting at?

I would say a sample of 15K is a much better representation of the feelings of the group as a whole, than the statistics spouted by the anti's that are based on samplings of less than a thousand.

I would say a sample of 15K is a much better representation of the feelings of the group as a whole, than the statistics spouted by the anti's that are based on samplings of less than a thousand.

Like I said, I like the outcome of the poll. But you know it can be twisted by the extremists. That's all I'm saying. Consider me playing devils advocate. If I can elude to that thinking, so can a bunch of non-believers, antis, grabbers and the like.

Why? Because we do it to them....

I would say a sample of 15K is a much better representation of the feelings of the group as a whole, than the statistics spouted by the anti's that are based on samplings of less than a thousand.

statistically speaking, the more people in the sample, the more sound the study  +1