illy

Shooting at Fort Hood (breaking)

lol He called club Fed a stockade lol

Well, let's put i this way. In the middle of the night, I was looking for a particular building and drove a bit too far... right into a bunch of Razor wire. I was lucky to be able to back out and head away from it without being spotted or stopped. I didn't want to be anywhere near it.

So, it's a "Club Fed" then? What's the security level? Since there was double razor wire around it, I assumed it was Maximum.

This must have been a while ago because theres a fence with no razor wire that blocks them off from the base.  There is however tons of razor wire there.  FCI Fort Dix isn't considered club fed, all federal prisons are.  You can google FCI fort Dix and find out all what you need to know about the prison.  I promise however it is FAR from a Max

This must have been a while ago because theres a fence with no razor wire that blocks them off from the base.  There is however tons of razor wire there.  FCI Fort Dix isn't considered club fed, all federal prisons are.  You can google FCI fort Dix and find out all what you need to know about the prison.  I promise however it is FAR from a Max

March-April, 2005. It was when my sister came home from her deployment. 

FCI Florence ADX is a club fed? :D

Feinstein was making noise about banning imports the other day.  Who wants to wager whether these weapons will be imported rifles?

Or that this could have been prevented by the NSA's programs...

What happened to the idea of a gunman being able to be tackled during a reload?  Looks like it's time to bring magazine capacity down to 0.

No, it's time to prevent people on SSRIs from owning guns.   There is a common thread that runs throughout all mass killings that aren't Sudden Jihad Syndrome.   Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors(Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, etc.) factor in most if not all mass shootings in the last 20 years.

this guy was on Ambien

what else?

http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/02/us/fort-hood-shooter-profile/index.html

Lopez was undergoing a variety of treatments for conditions including depression, anxiety and sleep disturbances, McHugh said. He was prescribed drugs that included Ambien, a sleep aid. Lopez was fully examined last month by a psychiatrist.

The common treatments for anxiety and depression are SSRIs.

No, it's time to prevent people on SSRIs from owning guns.  

Welcome to the gun control crowd. They would LOVE your ideas.  That right there would prohibit at least 10% of the population from owning guns. Wait .. your anti gun doctor decides to prescribe them to you and then report you? Does the Obamacare database report you to your local authorities?

Worst, if you doctor prescribes them to you and you don't take them, then clearly there is something wrong with you and you shouldn't have guns.

Whenever someone says "there ought to be a law" the answer is that there really really shouldn't be. How about a law that prohibits anyone who consumes alcohol from owning a gun?

Stop helping the enemy.

No, it's time to prevent people on SSRIs from owning guns.   There is a common thread that runs throughout all mass killings that aren't Sudden Jihad Syndrome.   Selective Serotonin Reuptake inhibitors(Paxil, Prozac, Zoloft, etc.) factor in most if not all mass shootings in the last 20 years.

Wait, so what you're saying is people who have issues with depression are on antidepressants!? The hell you say. Next you'll tell me that people with high blood pressure are on statins?

The "blame the meds" reasoning ignores the underlying pathology. Millions of people are on SSRIs and other antidepressants at any given time and yet the mass shootings are still very rare. Do you also assume that SSRIs cause suicides since many people who off themselves due to depression are also on meds?

http://www.ssristories.org

Ssris are not a solution to anything. Seen more death and destruction from them than any help. They mess with things we barely understand all for a way for big pharmaceutical to turn a profit. Been there done that

I'm not here to completely derail the thread

That being said we for one reason or another have a major mental health problem in this country, one that we apply band aids at best and sweep under the rug more often then not. The core of our society is fundamentally flawed and as it collapses on itself it's only going to get worse as each generation of hopey changey instant gratification were all winners bs degrades our moral structure.

For the way things have changed in just my lifetime alone there has to be something fundamentally wrong

The issue is one that has been discussed before. Most people who are on medications will never hurt anyone. The problem is those people that need to be institutionalizes are only given meds.

Most people taking the meds don't need them and if you can't behave in normal society without taking brain chemistry altering drugs(i.e. you need them), then yeah, off to the nut hut and no guns for you.

We keep talking about needing better mental health diagnoses, one big red flag ought to be that you're a chronic user of SSRI.   I'll also bump chronic users of MDMA in there.  Some people have fried their ability to have any pleasure by taking so much of that stuff and have permanently altered their brain chemistry.

Most people taking the meds don't need them and if you can't behave in normal society without taking brain chemistry altering drugs(i.e. you need them), then yeah, off to the nut hut and no guns for you.

We keep talking about needing better mental health diagnoses, one big red flag ought to be that you're a chronic user of SSRI.   I'll also bump chronic users of MDMA in there.  Some people have fried their ability to have any pleasure by taking so much of that stuff and have permanently altered their brain chemistry.

All that might be right and I agree they have been over prescribed  but they followed what the doctor recommend. Bulk removal of 10% of the population's rights is right up there with Bloomberg phantasy.

You need to think of the side effects of your ideas as much as you think of side effects of the medications.

The issue is one that has been discussed before. Most people who are on medications will never hurt anyone. The problem is those people that need to be institutionalizes are only given meds.

Nice! Concise and to the point.

Getting prescribed anything is not a legal judgement. All the drugs people complain about now as over prescribed are still only offered as an option most of the time. If it makes you feel better and you can afford it you continue.

The "off to the nut house" routine is a legal action.

So unless some judge somewhere has decried that you must take a prescription drug or be in an institution, or a school requires it for a child to be allowed into class, it is still all voluntary.

I saw a thing on FB yesterday that depicted Feinstein as a zombie holding a woman and it was sized and marked for target practice.  If I can find it again ill post it.

Unfortunately you'll get sent home at many ranges for that... I shoot at CR and they have a rule that your target cannot bear any resemblance to a living person. (or even an undead one).