Golf battery

Do you use ketchup or mustard on your hotdogs.

It's always been mustard for me.  Lately its been honey mustard(in the past I mostly used yellow mustard).  I've been putting it on everything, actually. 

I like sauerkraut when I'm getting hot dogs from a vendor at the beach(or when in Florida, they have them outside of the Home Depot stores).

I like chili on them occasionally too.  The chili dogs from Skyline chili(not in NJ) are really good too.

Harry Callahan: You know what makes me really sick to my stomach?

Burly Detective: What?

Harry Callahan: Is watching you stuff your face with those hot dogs. Nobody, I mean NOBODY puts ketchup on a hot dog.

This is awesome!

For years, I actually wouldn't put ketchup on a hot dog after seeing Sudden Impact as a young teenager.

Depends what I'm in the mood for. That's the beauty of the hot dog, you can make it YOURS.

Sometimes just mustard.

Sometimes mustard and ketchup.

Sometimes just ketchup.

Sometimes ketchup and relish.

Sometimes mustard and a pickle slice with some onions.

Sometimes mustard, onions, pickles and bacon.

Sometimes chili

Sometimes chili and cheese

Sometimes chili, cheese an onions.

I do consider myself a bit of a hot dog aficionado. One of my favorite past times is jumping on the Harleys with my old man, riding out to Bethlehem, PA to go to Yocco's and make my way east eating hot dogs at places like Hot Dog Johnny's in Buttzville, Charlie's Pool Room in Alpha, Toby's Cup in Phillipsburg, Hot Rod's in Glen Gardner, Jimmy Buff's in East Hanover, and ending at Rutt Hutt... can hit two or three or four of those in a day without dealing with shore traffic.

And of course the entire next day is spent rehydrating and flushing all of the nitrates out!

Jimmy Buff's in East Hanover is no more...

You guys need to be careful what you post in a open forum.

NJ law restricts you to ONE condiment before your lowly hotdog becomes an assault sausage. Sure what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but telling everyone you are doing it is just stupid. Next thing you know you'll be posting pictures of your illegal bratwursts and then you'll be on the news with your arsenal of cured meats.

A little discretion goes a long way, people.

You guys need to be careful what you post in a open forum.

NJ law restricts you to ONE condiment before your lowly hotdog becomes an assault sausage. Sure what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but telling everyone you are doing it is just stupid. Next thing you know you'll be posting pictures of your illegal bratwursts and then you'll be on the news with your arsenal of cured meats.

A little discretion goes a long way, people.

I vote we pass legislation to ban ketchup from a hot dog as an "evil feature"! They want to have their little hot dogs with ketchup all over them, we need a bill that will Confiscate! Confiscate! Confiscate! :lol:

Vlad how soon until they reduce the size of our plates to hold less hotdogs?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well the already only sell them in packs 10. You have to go to an out of state butcher to get bags of 30, or have a special card that lets you buy them in larger packs at "specialty stores" like Sams and Costco.

Is it? We have an office right around the corner from there and I drive by once or twice a month.

It's an interesting little place. Their hotdogs are pretty good, and you can have them deep fried which I recommend. Don't use the drive though, it's got character on the inside. Also, they give you a nice amount of food when you get sides.

Jay Jays in Newark is a decent place too. It's a hot dog truck that is open crazy hours or maybe even 24/7. I think they're okay but I know people who drive all the way from Roxbury in the middle of the night to go there.

Mustard regardless of the other fixings I might add.

But lately I've hit on sriracha sauce and fresh cilantro leaves. Mmmmmmmmmm

Mustard regardless of the other fixings I might add.

But lately I've hit on sriracha sauce and fresh cilantro leaves. Mmmmmmmmmm

nice.....try kimchi next time,

Had to resurrect this thread for this. Restaurant in FL doesn't serve ketchup to any customers below the age of 10! This place is awesome! This just re enforces my platform of ketchup on your hot dog is for kids! Must be the 4 years I spent attending Johnson & Wales University learning to appreciate food, without ketchup lol...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/09/03/ketchup-banned-at-florida-restaurant-sparks-national-food-debate/

Had to resurrect this thread for this. Restaurant in FL doesn't serve ketchup to any customers below the age of 10! This place is awesome! This just re enforces my platform of ketchup on your hot dog is for kids! Must be the 4 years I spent attending Johnson & Wales University learning to appreciate food, without ketchup lol... http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2014/09/03/ketchup-banned-at-florida-restaurant-sparks-national-food-debate/

Just like "Louis' Lunch" in New Haven, Ct.  The eatery credited by Guiness as inventing the "Hamburger."  They refuse to supply Ketchup and get angry when people BYOK. :D   Or "Super Dog" in Chicago for hot dogs. They'll actually supply you ketchup, but you have to apply it yourself.

I understand that chefs strive for creativity, etc. in their cooking. I used to watch the "Great Chefs - Great Cities" series on the "Discovery Channel."  I even went on "food trips..." traveling to a certain city just to eat at the places I saw on Great Chefs (witness our recent "Memphis" discussion) and meet the chefs if I could (and I  did... :)  ).  The problem is, I have an extremely sensitive system, with a mind of its own. Some things it likes, some it doesn't.  And when it doesn't, it lets me know about it in the worst way possible. :(  So, I really have to be careful. And where a certain recipe might run slightly afoul of my system, I try to ask if it could be "altered" a little. What I face, though, is a growing attitude among chefs and restaurants that only cook one way (their way..) because that's what they want you to taste/experience. And they get insulted if you ask for "changes."  Well, I certainly don't want to insult anyone's cooking... I'm sure it's great.  But I probably won't be ordering it if they won't "cook it to order.. to my taste/needs."  And I won't even enter a place where that's the prevailing mindset. 

Consider the (popular on TV) restaurant "Primanti Bros." in Pittsburgh.... famous for it's hefty sandwiches. The head chef only makes them one particular way and uses the same condiments on each sandwich (only the meat differs). If you ask for something different, she gets upset (like that old "soup" situation of Seinfeld fame in NYC). So, I probably wouldn't do a food trip there. :(

Wow Arnold! So if you ask them to leave something out because you have a food allergy they give you a hard time? That's BS! I would be pissed myself. Certain things that I like my body doesn't, like dairy products. So i understand what the "worst way" means...