Kaiser7

Finally took the GF shooting

Yeah, I meet up last monday with Rosie, and we shot a few things at Old Bridge.

I shot pretty well with Dave's .22 revolver, but I was shocked how well my girlfriend shot my Savage MKII. For a first time shooter, I was pretty impressed. The linked picture is her target, but we kept using the same paper--only the ones on the black bulls-eye were from her with the rifle (I guess about 50" or so.)

She said that shooting was one of the most fun things she's ever done, and she's super-pumped about shooting more, and maybe getting her own gun. The only thing she was nervous of shooting was my VZ24

shootin_zps880ffb57.jpg

tisarevovolver_zps0a1eb230.jpg

tisatarget_zps086ce772.jpg

Glad she had fun! Great shooting for a first time. My ex wife hated guns so naturally after divorce I got into them. When I go on dates now guns come up first date. If they are totally against them then it's not going to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wish I had a woman like that. I get the "guns are stupid" comment

Glad she had fun! Great shooting for a first time. My ex wife hated guns so naturally after divorce I got into them. When I go on dates now guns come up first date. If they are totally against them then it's not going to work out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

That's pretty much what I wanted to avoid, so I was pretty up front about it right away. I think she originally was actually an anti, but knew nothing about them. As she learned more, she became more gun-friendly, asking me to teach her how they operate mechanically. Then she wanted to go shooting, and now she wants to learn how to hunt--which is a real surprise, as I don't even hunt.

But I'm not certain that I'm teaching her correctly... Her two favorite guns are the AR7, and the Hipoint Carbine lol.

Good job on showing her what firearms are really about. If more people would just come with a open mind it would be great. I dated a girl for 2 months and she said ewwww guns I don't like them but im ok with you having them. Ok so I kept the dating going. She then refused to come over my house and got upset when she found out when I went to delaware I was carrying. Well im single again

But I'm not certain that I'm teaching her correctly... Her two favorite guns are the AR7, and the Hipoint Carbine lol.

That's cuz your other guns are a shoulder-kicking 12 ga, a WWII relic, and an evil, child-killing black AR15 fully automatic death machine....

Wish I had a woman like that. I get the "guns are stupid" comment

You have to make it worth her while, maybe throw in a new purse if she tries shooting...

I would say go to dinner after the range but we know that is not legal without stopping home first.

NJGF should offer a people matching service where like minded folk can exercise their 2a rights together and hang out at the range and compare hardware ...no guessing as to see what they have in common, it's all on the (safe) table.    "It's the Freaking ORBPC Wine Mixer!"

oh , and i love my wife

My wife has shot my guns and would shoot them again, but if she was not with me should would neither own nor shoot guns. She is Taiwanese and the politics of gun ownership does not mean beans to her(no one in Taiwan owns guns). She has shot my HK USP Tactical, USPc .45 and my P7 PSP but says that she prefers the Walther P22.

My wife started shooting my guns and loved it.. now she owns 2 pistols that she picked out herself, wants to goes to the range when we can actually get time away from our daughter.  My wife is also a surprisingly accurate shot!  

Glad to hear your gf enjoyed shooting.. the more people that understand the better imo.  

My wife's accuracy improved drastically when I convinced her to keep her eyes open when she pulled the trigger. I noticed what she was doing when she was using a laser sight. She would hold on the target and then just as she pulled the trigger, I would see the laser jump away from the bullseye.

My wife has shot my guns and would shoot them again, but if she was not with me should would neither own nor shoot guns. She is Taiwanese and the politics of gun ownership does not mean beans to her(no one in Taiwan owns guns). She has shot my HK USP Tactical, USPc .45 and my P7 PSP but says that she prefers the Walther P22.

My ex was half-Taiwanese, after her American father died, she lived there for 10 years. She said that they actually brought the school kids down to a range and taught them to shoot. I think it was a sort of "Well, if mainland China invades, we'll put up some level of civil resistance" sort of thing though.

I know that my current gf didn't tell her family, as her sister would not be very happy, though I think her father wanted to get a gun, her mom wouldn't let him. Which sucks, because they live in PA, so he wouldn't even have to deal with all the BS we deal with.

Nice work.  I like success stories.

I don't think I ever went shooting with a newbie who didn't enjoy the experience.  No matter their opinion on guns in America, once they've fired the last shot in their magazine/cylinder and turn around, they always have a big S-eating grin.

Yeahhhhh, well, my wife picked out 2 guns for herself also, a Glock 17 (cool withe me) and a P226---with a .22 conversion kit, no 9 barrel & slide. Grrmmmmpppp, frigging 22 kit sucks giant freaking monkey b@lls. Bad enough trying to find 22LR at all, never mind something that will consistently cycle in that thing. Lesson Learned

My wife started shooting my guns and loved it.. now she owns 2 pistols that she picked out herself, wants to goes to the range when we can actually get time away from our daughter.  My wife is also a surprisingly accurate shot!  

Glad to hear your gf enjoyed shooting.. the more people that understand the better imo.  

Yeahhhhh, well, my wife picked out 2 guns for herself also, a Glock 17 (cool withe me) and a P226---with a .22 conversion kit, no 9 barrel & slide. Grrmmmmpppp, frigging 22 kit sucks giant freaking monkey b@lls. Bad enough trying to find 22LR at all, never mind something that will consistently cycle in that thing. Lesson Learned

Meh... I'd rather my gf get a hipoint than a Glock. They're both cheap to make, but hipoint is priced as such. (Long story, but basically doing research, Glock did the same thing as Grey Goose vodka, jacked up the price the manufacturer sells it for to about 300% markup to make them seem higher quality. I hate them based on that.)

Now a P226, I'd love to have one, and you could always just get a 9 barrel and slide, hell, if anything that might not be too bad just because then you can use either or. Plus it's probably cheap to buy a used barrel and slide.

except grey goose vodka is actually decent, unlike a hi point.. :whistle:

Lol, actually the hipoints ive seen function better than i expected. I just hate that the carbines lack a true safety.