magnawing

Texas...so far

I've been here in Houston for a little over a week now and I've already started to consider it "home".

I'm still in an extended stay hotel pending relocation funds from my employer...but that's coming soon, supposedly.

I went to a local range on Sunday with a member from Texas Gun Forums....I reaaallllyyy like it here. I got a 2 minute briefing on range rules instead of watching the same video that I've seen at 3 or 4 different ranges. We got into the range and the guy I was with took off his winter coat...it was in the high 40s after all...and unholstered his M&P 9 IDPA gun from the OWB, reached into one pocket and took out his M&P 9c, another pocket produced a Bodyguard 380, then out came the range bag to remove the Python with 8" barrel, SA 1911 .45 and 10-22 takedown along with ammo for all. On the way back (about 15 miles), he pointed out the Freedom Munitions/Xtreme Bullets Store and the location of about 10 gun stores/pawn shops and at least 8 other ranges.

Along with that, I can conceal in my vehicle without a permit, and permits take about 4-6 weeks to receive. As a veteran, my permit is $25...initial permit is valid for 4 years and renewals are valid for 5 years.

So, yea....I'm really liking it here.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Nice man a buddy of mine is from Katy just outside of Houston and he really misses living there. He married a Jersey Girl like I did so he is stuck here. Good luck down there and enjoy your freedom.

Come back to Jersey!!!

It's just not the same since you went away

Before your lose your accent

And forget all about the Garden State

There's a seat for you at the Nudey Bar

And we've got all your muzzle brakes saved

Besides the pizza and steaks suck south of here anyway :)

Haven't been called a damn Yankee yet...and I didn't have an accent to lose. I'm not FROM Jersey, I've just lived there for the last 20 years and I made damn sure not to lose most of my southern sound. My parents and most of my other family live in MD and further south so I had plenty of opportunity to keep in practice. Not to mention, most of the work I've done in the last 10 years has been below the Mason Dixon line.

Have you been called a "damn yankee" yet? :)

I'd wipe that smile off the smiley face! My daughter is marrying a guy from Alabama. We're having great difficulty convincing his friends to attend. "They don't like coming up north."

I'd wipe that smile off the smiley face! My daughter is marrying a guy from Alabama. We're having great difficulty convincing his friends to attend. "They don't like coming up north."

Is the wedding in NYC?  If so I can see why... otherwise... that's just them being ornery :p

Congratulations on moving to Texas.  I had the pleasure of working in Houston from 2011-2013,  it is paradise in my opinion. Top gun range near the galleria is nice, but can be pricey,  The Texas CHL instructor there is great.  Lecture, paperwork, lecture, live fire event which you have to pass in the same 4-5 Hours. 

Don't miss out on the loaded baked potatoes at the BBQ joints, they take a huge baked potato and put butter, cheese, and your choice of Pulled pork, links, chopped beef, etc. on it for under $10 with a drink.

Texas is a top choice for our relocation plans.

If I live long enough I will relocate to a state where I don't have a b*g f*t ph***y b**ta*d as governo* who roots for the cowgirls, where I am not ta*ed to de*th, and where my representatives treat me like a f*****g grown hu**n bean.

Mark, Welcome to Texas! You are welcome to come down to San Antonio to shoot with us anytime! Forchristmas, I walked into the Local gun store picked out a nice Kimber Ultra II CDP for the misses, walked out with it 20 minutes later. My last P2P before I left Jersey took 3 frickin months!

And if you want to compare governors, our new Governor Abbot has already went on record publicly stating that he will sign our Open Carry law once it reaches his desk. How refreshing.

Another decent forum down here is Texas Gun Talk. Decent bunch of guys.

Mark, Welcome to Texas! You are welcome to come down to San Antonio to shoot with us anytime! Forchristmas, I walked into the Local gun store picked out a nice Kimber Ultra II CDP for the misses, walked out with it 20 minutes later. My last P2P before I left Jersey took 3 frickin months!

And if you want to compare governors, our new Governor Abbot has already went on record publicly stating that he will sign our Open Carry law once it reaches his desk. How refreshing.

Another decent forum down here is Texas Gun Talk. Decent bunch of guys.

I may just head to SA one weekend...a buddy of mine moved there from Washington-Warren County (where I'm moving from) a few years ago and I love the area. I'm also well aware of Gov Abbott's stance on open carry (hoping he goes for Constitutional Carry). As for forums, I'm already on TxCHL and Texas Gun Forum...the guy I went shooting with is from the TxGunForum....it seems to be mostly folks from the Houston/Bryan/College Station area on that one.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Come back to Jersey!!!

It's just not the same since you went away

Before your lose your accent

And forget all about the Garden State

There's a seat for you at the Nudey Bar

And we've got all your muzzle brakes saved

Besides the pizza and steaks suck south of here anyway :)

Fountains of Wayne?