45Doll

NJ2AS Initiates Sweeney Recall?

And, Newton, I jus called my district senator and told them I'm helping.

I'd recommend anybody that is not jus a talking head like Newton to do the same. You'd be surprised what word of mouth does.

I said" I'm helping because he said bring it on! You guys work for us!"

It's great to see more of us coming together and locking shields on one front in this battle! I can't wait to get Sweeney recalled because then our next target will be that much easier to attack once the doubting Thomas's see that by joining together we CAN make a difference! To the two guys telling us we're wasting our time: come waste time with us and then the next target will very well likely be voting in Republican legislators and we will join with you on that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's great to see more of us coming together and locking shields on one front in this battle! I can't wait to get Sweeney recalled because then our next target will be that much easier to attack once the doubting Thomas's see that by joining together we CAN make a difference! To the two guys telling us we're wasting our time: come waste time with us and then the next target will very well likely be voting in Republican legislators and we will join with you on that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You guys crack me up. How long does it take to recall and replace a legislator? Someone help here. And what is the replacement process?

For argument's sake let's assume about eight months. 

There are currently 72 democrats and 48 republicans in the NJ legislature. That's a difference of 24. So you need to successfully recall 24/2 + 2 = 14 to have a republican majority. What's 14 x 8? Let's see...hmmmm...112. One hundred twelve months equals nine-plus years.

With zero margin for error. By the time you've recalled the last one the first seat will have reverted to democrat control. Or we will certainly, due to the invasion from the south, lose more ground than we've gained.

If you're doing this for spite go ahead and have fun. A part of me doesn't blame you.

But don't present it as an intelligent strategy for reversing the legislature's political leanings, not for at least 9 and a half years. And if Sweeney emerges unscathed you can trade your shields in for chastity belts that you will be wearing backwards. 

I don't think you need to reverse the legislature, I think we'll get a lot out of just proving that the 2A community is a force to be reckoned with. Politicians cave in to pressure, if they know we can effect their careers (and a successful Sweeney recall will prove that), they'll be less prone to put up anti- gun legislation.

Newtonian, I noticed you lined out NJ2AS in your sig file, seems like you may have an axe to grind.

I don't think you need to reverse the legislature, I think we'll get a lot out of just proving that the 2A community is a force to be reckoned with. Politicians cave in to pressure, if they know we can effect their careers (and a successful Sweeney recall will prove that), they'll be less prone to put up anti- gun legislation.

Newtonian, I noticed you lined out NJ2AS in your sig file, seems like you may have an axe to grind.

Well put. It's all about showing the politicians that they are accountable...party affiliation doesn't matter.

Yes, that's exactly the point, as NJ2AS has stated.  It's the NJ firearms community sending a strong message to Trenton.

You guys crack me up. How long does it take to recall and replace a legislator? Someone help here. And what is the replacement process?

For argument's sake let's assume about eight months.

There are currently 72 democrats and 48 republicans in the NJ legislature. That's a difference of 24. So you need to successfully recall 24/2 + 2 = 14 to have a republican majority. What's 14 x 8? Let's see...hmmmm...112. One hundred twelve months equals nine-plus years.

With zero margin for error. By the time you've recalled the last one the first seat will have reverted to democrat control. Or we will certainly, due to the invasion from the south, lose more ground than we've gained.

If you're doing this for spite go ahead and have fun. A part of me doesn't blame you.

But don't present it as an intelligent strategy for reversing the legislature's political leanings, not for at least 9 and a half years. And if Sweeney emerges unscathed you can trade your shields in for chastity belts that you will be wearing backwards.

Your talking about turning NJ from Blue to Red. An almost impossible task, especially in districts that vote 80% democrat. NJ2AS knows this, along with everyone else. The plan here is to show the Largely blue legislature that gun owners can and will hold them accountable, if the put anti gun bills forward. We do this by execution of a successful recall. Why Sweeney? Because he is among those most vulnerable in the legislature. He only won in his district by a very small margin. That was before he stabbed gun owners, (that voted for him) in the back after he was re elected. This recall has to work or were totally screwed at this point.

Loretta Wineberg already promised once the next democrat takes the office of Governor, she plans on bringing back all 70 some odd anti gun bills to the Senate. When the anti gunners realize were not going to sit by and allow this to happen without consequences, they may think twice before voting Yay on these types of bills. Especially the ones in districts that were won by a few hundred votes.

You really need to listen to last week's episode of GFH radio for the full plan outlined by Alexander Rubian.

Your talking about turning NJ from Blue to Red. An almost impossible task, especially in districts that vote 80% democrat. NJ2AS knows this, along with everyone else. The plan here is to show the Largely blue legislature that gun owners can and will hold them accountable, if the put anti gun bills forward. We do this by execution of a successful recall. Why Sweeney? Because he is among those most vulnerable in the legislature. He only won in his district by a very small margin. That was before he stabbed gun owners, (that voted for him) in the back after he was re elected. This recall has to work or were totally screwed at this point.

Loretta Wineberg already promised once the next democrat takes the office of Governor, she plans on bringing back all 70 some odd anti gun bills to the Senate. When the anti gunners realize were not going to sit by and allow this to happen without consequences, they may think twice before voting Yay on these types of bills. Especially the ones in districts that were won by a few hundred votes.

You really need to listen to last week's episode of GFH radio for the full plan outlined by Alexander Rubian.

Good summary.  And really, what's our alternative, be nice to Sweeney, and hope he's nice to us in return?  How's that working out for us?

Good summary. And really, what's our alternative, be nice to Sweeney, and hope he's nice to us in return? How's that working out for us?

Agreed sir, I believe at this point what do we have to loose? We all as gun owners need to back this plan. It's already been put into play. We all need to jump on board at this time to see this through, success or failure is on all of us together. People in the 2A community have been calling for action for a long time. Well, here it is! Team up together or stay out of the way, because this is happening like it or not.

I am flabbergasted. The more stats, the more real information I post on this topic the lower the consciousness on this very important issue. Sweeney won by about 10 points, 5-6,000, not a few hundred. I've identified the vulnerable districts including a couple that, yes, we lost by a few hundred votes. But that wasn't Sweeney.

I'll try this once again. I am sympathetic to any and all efforts to improve the situation for gun owners in this state. That doesn't mean I endorse all such campaigns or strategies. Specifically, I am in favor of STATE-WIDE initiatives related to getting out the vote. I have demonstrated mathematically, several times, that yes we can take back the legislature. Quite easily. 

I do not endorse one-off victories like this one that solve nothing, "sends a message" only to the next democrat to hold Sweeney's seat, and UTTERLY FAILS to demonstrate the unified, STATE-WIDE voting potential of NJ gun owners. That, brothers, and only that, will scare the shit out of them. Recall Sweeney and all that happens is the democratic primaries become a bit more interesting. 

I don't have the time to listen to GFH radio all the way through for two minutes of information that I don't already know. NJ2AS is supposedly holding a meeting in Newton on Wednesday evening. I plan to be there. Unless they cancel because Bozo the Clown is performing in Cape May at the same time.

The building trades back Sweeny. But the tides are turning in the union halls majorly. But the republicans flat out attack unions. So what do you expect. They are a special interest group just like the NRA. Whatever person benefits their cause they back. Remember the NRA backed Sweeny too

The building trades back Sweeny. But the tides are turning in the union halls majorly. But the republicans flat out attack unions. So what do you expect. They are a special interest group just like the NRA. Whatever person benefits their cause they back. Remember the NRA backed Sweeny too

i don't much care for the nra either. honestly, the only reason i'm a member, is because i had to in order to join a club i want to shoot at. maybe if i see them stop making deals, and compromising our rights away, and maybe if i see them actually do something here in nj, i might change my opinion. unions though? they really shouldn't be backing anyone in particular....especially not when they make workers go out and campaign for them. they also shouldn't be donating massive money to them, as i believe i've read. they donate expecting favors.....and that gets us to well.......bs.

The voter turnout of registered voters in the last election for Senate (Cory Booker's win) and Christie's "landslide" victory saw the lowest voter participation ever in the state for a major election.

It seems people in this state aren't that angry for change and are pretty satisfied with what's jammed down their throats. Sad.

NJ2AS is supposedly holding a meeting in Newton on Wednesday evening. I plan to be there. Unless they cancel because Bozo the Clown is performing in Cape May at the same time.

Lol!  Does anyone under 40 know who Bozo the Clown was?

See you at the meeting.

Lol!  Does anyone under 40 know who Bozo the Clown was?

See you at the meeting.

No uncharitable references to NJ2AS and the aforementioned Bozo until I hear what Dear Leader has to say. 

I'll be wearing a baseball cap with my ham callsign on the front. Please introduce yourself!

The voter turnout of registered voters in the last election for Senate (Cory Booker's win) and Christie's "landslide" victory saw the lowest voter participation ever in the state for a major election.

It seems people in this state aren't that angry for change and are pretty satisfied with what's jammed down their throats. Sad.

Just to be clear these were two separate elections. It was CC’s decision to hold a "Special election" for the Senate seat now held by Booker rather than have had the two elections together which CC could have approved. 

Some in the press speculate the reason was because CC thought if elections were held together it could have been a threat to his own re-election..... 

Good summary.  And really, what's our alternative, be nice to Sweeney, and hope he's nice to us in return?  How's that working out for us?

I'm not suggesting we kiss anybody's ass but you have to accept political reality. 

I've watched a great deal of testimony by pro-gun guys and I've never seen anyone from our side "be nice" to the antis on those committees. Far from it. Those who give testimony are confrontational, abrasive, insulting. Meanwhile our leadership sits behind them smirking. That is NOT the way to get things done, particularly when we're so badly outnumbered.

Yelling and screaming and threatening a recall are great ways to raise everybody's blood pressure and get some things off your chest, but it's not how you convince someone of something. At least not in any business or organization I've been involved in.

We should be focusing like hell on kicking them out of office through get-out-the-vote. That's politics which pro or con everybody understands. Meanwhile, as long as they're in office we should be professional and try to work with and educate them. 

So the NRA shouldn't donate money to guys like rand Paul's campaign? It's the same thing. If a politician is pushing big construction projects the unions will back him.

does the nra attempt to actually force its members to campaign and/or vote for the enemy?

I'm a union member. Have I ever voted for Sweeny? Yes. Did I in the last election? No. Did I vote for Obama? No.

what'd you bang your head or something? or did they tell you you had to?

I'm not suggesting we kiss anybody's ass but you have to accept political reality. 

I've watched a great deal of testimony by pro-gun guys and I've never seen anyone from our side "be nice" to the antis on those committees. Far from it. Those who give testimony are confrontational, abrasive, insulting. Meanwhile our leadership sits behind them smirking. That is NOT the way to get things done, particularly when we're so badly outnumbered.

Yelling and screaming and threatening a recall are great ways to raise everybody's blood pressure and get some things off your chest, but it's not how you convince someone of something. At least not in any business or organization I've been involved in.

We should be focusing like hell on kicking them out of office through get-out-the-vote. That's politics which pro or con everybody understands. Meanwhile, as long as they're in office we should be professional and try to work with and educate them. 

to kick them out though, we need to find halfway decent candidates to replace em. that always seems to be a problem here.

Sweeny use to be a good candidate. Things changed. What I was told from people in the know is that all those bills and the Christie veto was a giant set up. The bills were for Sweeny to gain support from up north for a governor run and Christie's veto was to gain support for a presidential run. Everyone played into it.

to kick them out though, we need to find halfway decent candidates to replace em. that always seems to be a problem here.

Enough zombies get elected from both parties to contradict this belief, which has become the theme song for the NJ Republican Party.

It's hard to believe that in a state with 7 million residents you can't find someone ambitious and attractive enough to run in every district. Perhaps the reason they don't want to run is they refuse to be thrown to the wolves, or party leadership is lacking.

In any event you wouldn't want to put too many resources in, say, Hudson Cty. but we should have been able to win a few of those very close elections. 

Newtonian, I certainly agree with you on the merit of a get-out-the-vote strategy to attempt to create a more favorable political climate for our side.  But how is it going to work even if we are successful, but are faced with a Democratic governor?

In either case, I think an effort to recall Sweeney could be productive.  I know what you mean about pro-gun people being abrasive and giving us a bad image.  (See my notes on the gun violence forum in Bergen County last month.)  But I think this is different.  This is a case of using the political process to shift things in our favor.