Sign in to follow this  
Rob0115

Closed on my house last week in Amelia Island FL

Wow what a relief knowing that I can escape this state. I was born and bred here and sad to go, but the fact is the liberal asshats in the legislature have stolen my freedom, over taxed me and want to continue to do so. It's sad that in some ways I'm basically being driven out.

I can't wait to rip every ruined stock off my black rifles and get an sbr. Btw, anyone. Want to buy a great 14.5" rainier 300 blackout grade barrel with pinned comp? J/k but it's going to be awesome with 9.5" and a can. I'll enjoy going to the range with my choice of pistol in my waistband.

My 1/2 mile walk to the beach doesn't suck either.

I'll be like some of the other escapees who post crazy things like black rifles with collapsible stocks and flash hiders. I just ordered be stocks for my scars.

I'll be a dual resident for about longer but most of the time south of the border.

Didn't I mention the state tax?

Ar15 pistol that's over 50oz with a drum magazine, handguard and threaded barrel with flash hider. SO evil.

Hmm.......I've oppressed so long I didn't even think of this.  I saw a PLR once, I know there are better choices, and it was bad ass looking.  You're onto something here.

I just realized I can get the appropriate magazines for my Glock 34.  17 rounds, I feel like an outlaw.

Hmm.......I've oppressed so long I didn't even think of this.  I saw a PLR once, I know there are better choices, and it was bad ass looking.  You're onto something here.

I just realized I can get the appropriate magazines for my Glock 34.  17 rounds, I feel like an outlaw.

Put your cans in the air just like you don't care.

And buy a MAC before the prices go astronomical.

I own a NJ legal AR pistol. It's fun but not evil features fun.

Oh...and file for some tax stamps asap!

Congrats!  Let me know how the Job market is down there - especially for IT.  I've been very tempted to up and move :)

What do yo do in IT?  Bank of America has a big office down there.  

Congrats!  Let me know how the Job market is down there - especially for IT.  I've been very tempted to up and move :)

I dunno......after roasting in the sun last week (May in Orlando is still HOT) perhaps Florida might be a little TOO far south...

What do yo do in IT?  Bank of America has a big office down there.  

Systems Admin - Server/Workstation/Network.  Not sure if I'd want to work for BofA though...

I dunno......after roasting in the sun last week (May in Orlando is still HOT) perhaps Florida might be a little TOO far south...

Orlando's inland so it doesn't get the coastal breeze.  That said - I was down in Fort Myers/Naples and it was pretty hot in March - 80's/90's.

FOPA says pack'em up and drive'em down.  I'm going to make more than one driving trip but I'll use a large locking dock box that I have with things carefully packed.  

Charlotte, NC is supposedly a decent choice job market-wise.  Friend of mine in IT move there from Miami.  Likes it. Says it's booming.

And it's a "shall issue" state.