Sign in to follow this  
njpilot

Samsung Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 Upgrade

Has anyone done it? A friend of mine said he lost some phone numbers in his contacts after doing it.

I searched online and a lot of people complained of huge battery usage and glitches and freezing.

I can't get rid of the stupid, annoying update reminder.

Has anyone here done the update and if so, any issues? If you didn't do it, is there a way to get rid of the reminder?

Thanks.

I actually gained a small bit of battery life after the update.

So far, I have not found any major or minor issues. I do wish AT&T hadn't forced all the extra crap in the upgrade.

I'm thinking I may root mine, now that I am out of warranty...

I had to do a factory reset on mine after the update jacked it up.  Huge battery issues that were resolved after the factory reset.  Used to use Google Hangouts for SMS prior to the update, but afterward I wasn't receiving all of my messages.  I've since switched to the default Samsung messenger, which seems alright.  For me it was more hassle than it was worth, hope you have better luck if you go that route.

My s5 update is dog shit.  Terrible battery life, slow performance, apps act wierd.  There has been a lot of people that hate it and I would advise to skip this update. 

I had to do a factory reset on mine after the update jacked it up.  Huge battery issues that were resolved after the factory reset.  Used to use Google Hangouts for SMS prior to the update, but afterward I wasn't receiving all of my messages.  I've since switched to the default Samsung messenger, which seems alright.  For me it was more hassle than it was worth, hope you have better luck if you go that route.

Thanks guys. I've read of all of these things. Think I will be skipping it for now.

Motorola and Lollipop have been playing nice together. Samsung and Lollipop, not so much. Battery drain, notifications not coming through, apps acting funky. If I had a Samsung I'd probably just skip the update for now. Some people have been lucky and are having no problems but even our Samsung rep says they know there's been a ton of issues. He wasn't sure if Samsung is working on a fix or just waiting for next OS to come out.

Motorola and Lollipop have been playing nice together. Samsung and Lollipop, not so much. Battery drain, notifications not coming through, apps acting funky. If I had a Samsung I'd probably just skip the update for now. Some people have been lucky and are having no problems but even our Samsung rep says they know there's been a ton of issues. He wasn't sure if Samsung is working on a fix or just waiting for next OS to come out.

New os or patch? eta on either?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

New os or patch? eta on either? Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Either will be on the tech forums/websites before I find out but next time the Samsung rep comes in I'll see if he knows any more on it.

I'm running lollipop no issues on my S5 I've noticed. If I do have any problems they will become InFamous's problem anyway since I got my phone from him lol...

Of course! You know I always have the answers. Mine for this situation would be....

SamsungCS.jpg

You're welcome.

I also lost battery life use to be good for 2 days now i have to charge it mid day.. plus a-lot of other stuff changed and i liked the old programs better.. have not had time to play with it and try to reverse back.. Also harder to see screen outside and i have it turned up all the way now where before it was just past half..

Are you rooted? I have KK on my LG E980 and Lollipop on the S4. I never had great battery life with my S4 even after flashing, rooting, freezing apps, etc. However, with Lollipop, rooted and updating with "Galaxy mod ULTIMATE update .zip" I am getting amazing battery life. ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2777698 ).

However, I have not used Lollipop enough to give you a detailed synopsis of stability. I'm staying on KK on my E980 for now.Other than hooking up to BT and other devices a little easier, I wasn't able to see a heck of a lot of difference. I'm sure if I used my S4 daily, I might.