n4p226r

No more carry in Virginia with Florida permit

Read it hear  Remember VA is a democratic state now and the administration is pro gun control.  Dropping Florida is hard to believe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/virginia-politics/va-attorney-general-mark-herring-delivers-blow-to-gun-rights-advocates/2015/12/21/d72ce3d0-a821-11e5-9b92-dea7cd4b1a4d_story.html

That's not good....states should be adopting new states not dropping them....especially with all the terror going on

Virginia was always at risk for turning Blue... especially in the northern sections.  I wonder if this might result in a "civil" confrontation within the state.... :popcorn:

I have always felt it is a good idea to get as many carry permits as one can just in case. Virginia was an easy one to get as a non-resident.

I had an opportunity to when taking the "Multi-State" course offered at the Quinton Sportsmen's club, but I passed on it because the fee was $100.00.  I got Fl, Az, and Ut.  I might consider re-applying now, as I'll need to drive through VA to get to PA.  I just have to see if I need to have a recent training qualification.

I had an opportunity to when taking the "Multi-State" course offered at the Quinton Sportsmen's club, but I passed on it because the fee was $100.00.  I got Fl, Az, and Ut.  I might consider re-applying now, as I'll need to drive through VA to get to PA.  I just have to see if I need to have a recent training qualification.

They still honor Utah, so you're good to go.

Just shows the need for national reciprocity. Now residents of 25 states, possibly more, may be locked up on 2/1 for something that was legal 1/31. And they may not even know the law changed. Do they think people are going to check daily as to what the laws are?

Probably be "resident Only" Utah. Follow that jackwagon Kane in PA. Come on down to Texas and get one here. Not sure why they picked the states they did. Anyone know?

Where in TX are you? Near Houston?

This signature is AWESOME!!!

From what I read today, the upcoming change in Virginia is intended to prevent people convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel from using a permit from those 25 states in Virginia.  The PR statement indicates that the change came after a review by Gov. Herring's office and the Virginia State Police of the 30 states whose concealed handgun permits are valid in Virginia under a reciprocity policy.  For many, the important fact is that Virginia will continue to recognize concealed-carry permits from Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and West Virginia

From what I read today, the upcoming change in Virginia is intended to prevent people convicted of a felony, domestic abusers, those adjudicated mentally ill or incompetent, recently convicted drunk drivers and dishonorably discharged military personnel from using a permit from those 25 states in Virginia.  The PR statement indicates that the change came after a review by Gov. Herring's office and the Virginia State Police of the 30 states whose concealed handgun permits are valid in Virginia under a reciprocity policy.  For many, the important fact is that Virginia will continue to recognize concealed-carry permits from Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas, Utah and West Virginia

But, again, "all" permits or only "resident" permits (like PA)?     One article I read today seemed to imply it would be only "resident" permits... which would render my UT permit useless there... :dontknow:

I guess we'll have to see how it shakes out...

I believe that non-res will be ok, as these states require you to pass a course given by a certified instructor of that state.  Others did not. Still sucks, all they had to do was require residents to have a state issued ccw.  

Non-resident proof of permit. If you reside in a state that recognizes the validity of the Utah CFP or has reciprocity with Utah, you must obtain a CFP or CCW from your home state and submit a copy of it with your application for a Utah permit.