siderman

Formerly the RE: GunForHire Radio post

We need one concerted effort if we are ever going to accomplish anything. The Pro 2A crowd here in NJ is divided, plain and simple.

The problem is all of these so called "leaders" here in NJ have had their chance to do something to unite us, but have failed. Every single one of these groups have alienated or pissed off someone, to the point where there's too much bad blood.

Not that this will ever happen, but all of these groups need to disband and form one new focused group that everyone gets behind. Unfortunately, I think Hillary will push for NJ CCW before we get our act together.

We need one concerted effort if we are ever going to accomplish anything. The Pro 2A crowd here in NJ is divided, plain and simple.

The problem is all of these so called "leaders" here in NJ have had their chance to do something to unite us, but have failed. Every single one of these groups have alienated or pissed off someone, to the point where there's too much bad blood.

Not that this will ever happen, but all of these groups need to disband and form one new focused group that everyone gets behind. Unfortunately, I think Hillary will push for NJ CCW before we get our act together.

A RESPONSE FROM A 2A LEADER:

OK, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while.  I guess I can classify myself as a 2A Leader since I helped form C4SNJ as one of their Board of Trustees (wrote their Bylaws), I TRIED to re-write NJ2AS's Bylaws for them (at the request of several members of their Leadership Team) and I'm the Vice President of the Coalition of NJ Firearm Owners.  

Just whom did we (CNJFO) piss-off?  We were only formed a year ago this week.  We incorporated as a 501©3 Charitable and Educational Non-Profit by May (and that takes $$$ AND TIME for filing).  What Bad Blood?  CNJFO has supported the 2A efforts of our Sister Organizations whenever possible.  In point of fact we deliberately delayed announcing our existence / creation on GFH Radio so as to not draw attention from the NJ2AS Recall Sweeney effort.  Don't believe me, ask my fellow Board of Trustees members from Sewell to Wayne OR ask Anthony himself!  It must be really comfortable to point fingers and generalize and write about other people you've never met or spoken to from the confines of a Keyboard Commando hole in the ground, lol!  

Wanna find-out what we're doing, thinking, planning, etc.?  Wanna give support in time, talent or dollars to HELP the 2A struggle in NJ?  Come on out to the Outdoor Expo next week and lets have a chat (THAT GOES FOR ALL OF THE COMMANDOS HERE)!  We'll have a Booth there from Thursday the 7th to the Show's conclusion on Sunday.  

And to the Commando (Luso) worried about a Bowling Event to raise awareness for a cause, let me state that getting like-minded folks together in a social atmosphere BUILDS A GREAT TEAM, raises much-needed funds, produces public awareness (causes other Bowlers to stop us and ask questions), makes members feel good about contributing time, talent and dollars, and ENCOURAGES FENCE-SITTERS TO GET INVOLVED (thereby strengthening the entire Organization).  Just the same as holding a 5K charity Walk for a local cause or to get involved with something like "Race for the Cure" for Susan G. Komen Cancer Research.  Folks that enjoy working TOGETHER for a common good tend to do more volunteer work, and it's been shown that the quality of the work can even exceed that of paid staff.  Since I broached the subject, NO ONE in CNJFO gets paid (it's in our Bylaws filed with the NJ Secretary of State---wanna copy--I'll email them to you), so don't even go down THAT road!

At the very first GFH Radio Show we did, while being pre-interviewed by Anthony himself, Matt Andras (CNJFO President) and I asked Anthony about "A Meeting of the Families" and we inquired if he'd be willing to help organize same.  So this idea is not only one we fully support, but we (CNJFO) were the FIRST to recognize its' necessity.  Due to SEVERAL factors (including Anthony's divorce), scheduling issues, projects "already in the pipeline", etc., it was decided to place the idea on the back burner for the time being.  Frankly, as a brand-new corporation we had to PROVE ourselves as Leaders and to "cut the mustard" so to speak.  With a well-established Facebook presence, daily output / updates (including pix of BOWLING FUN, lol), the establishment of TWO websites (one w/ online ordering from our Store---where you can donate $, become a member, buy logo'd apparel, register for a Pheasant Hunt Fundraiser or even volunteer), we're not going anywhere.  In fact we ordered more mustard, rolls AND the 100% Beef Franks!

I hope I've done a decent job informing those here about how much actual work goes into setting goals and getting things done.  In the past I've written a list of CNJFO accomplishments on this forum outlining our weekly goal-setting, filings, adventures, appearances, phone meetings, Exec. Board meetings, etc.  This is a 7-day a week job for me (and others on the Board).  If anyone here wishes to call me, send me a PM to get my cell number.

Turning anger and frustration into ACTIVISM FOR A COMMON GOAL, I remain,

Yours for 2A FREEDOM in NJ,

David "Rosey" Rosenthal,

Vice President Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Instructor

NRA Double-Distinguished Expert Muzzleloading Rifle and Pistol (the Country's first)

National Muzzleloading Rifle Assn. Central Jersey Field Representative

U.S.P.S.A. Member

I.D.P.A. Member

BSA Rifle and Shotgun Merit Badge Counselor

Former Member Board of Trustees at Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club

PPC League Chairman and Match Director at OBRPC

Member of OBRPC Shotgun and Black Powder Leagues

Upland (Pheasant) Hunter

Member of New Jersey Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

NRA Women On Target Volunteer Instructor

Annual (publication) Member of ANJRPC

Garden State Black Powder Assn. Chief Range Safety Officer

Mentor to 4-H Youth, Women, Kids

Eagle Scout Dad (Class of 2006)

I haven't been on the forum much for the past year or so till the past month now. Maybe I missed it but I didn't even know about that organization till your post smokin50. You have been around the forum a long time and always active in fighting for us. I'll be joining and donating Monday when I get to an actual computer, glad to see its an organization you are part of.

probably through being close to leo, as an instructor? in like flint.

what's his stance again on getting justifiable need changed?

Unless he has 25yrs. of instruction as I do under his belt, he's no more qualified to have a CCL, IMO than I am and I'm told don't bother.

I'm just pointing out, here in NJ it's who you blow.....has nothing to do with legalities....IMO....sorry.

We need one concerted effort if we are ever going to accomplish anything. The Pro 2A crowd here in NJ is divided, plain and simple.

The problem is all of these so called "leaders" here in NJ have had their chance to do something to unite us, but have failed. Every single one of these groups have alienated or pissed off someone, to the point where there's too much bad blood.

Not that this will ever happen, but all of these groups need to disband and form one new focused group that everyone gets behind. Unfortunately, I think Hillary will push for NJ CCW before we get our act together.

There is no need whatsoever to be together. I'm likely the only person here with any experience in the political world beyond this state's boundaries

In fact, the NRA has no desire to get together with anyone. There is a reason why they fundraise OFF of NJ instead of fighting offensively for it. There is a reason Bach kisses Christie's ass. No one here gets it because you aren't experienced in this world

Nobody works together in politics or non profits. They take credit for things whenever possible while simultaneously disassociating themselves from any conflict to preserve relationships (see ANJRPC/NRA).

This inane idea that a groups mission is to be friendly with our supposedly like minded groups is absurd. The only mission of a group should be to WIN- that means, expand our rights. Not talk about it, not meetings, not outings, not fundraisers, not playing on Facebook . No other bullshit.

I don't care how many groups are out there. If I can point to a group's name and say "because Of their direct action, I now can do (x) in NJ that i couldn't before" then that group is legitimate. Pretty much none of those groups can I say that about, and half of them, as a poster here mentions, they've never even heard of. Point taken

I'm not a champion of any one group. I despised and spoke against the recall Sweeney effort and told the leadership it was a waste of time. But these undercover videos are the first foray into actual meaningful activism that exposes the enemy and fired up our base

I called years ago at a meeting for the entire membership to apply and get denied for ccw. That would have given more leverage and controversy to these undercover videos. But no one executed at the time under their leadership. The path to winning is offense. You need to attack from all sides and remove the pillars of their argument. Make it not a campaign of guns, but a campaign of race, gender, and disability. Show the tons of women getting denied carry permits. That emotional progressive bullshit is the language of the enemy, ergo it is the language we must speak in fighting them

I remember back in 2013 these losers complaining they wanted to make tshirts and go to trade shows. They actively argued with themselves about the "titles" they wanted within the org. What the hell does that do? "Get the word out"? Who cares if people buy your $10 tshirts?

You know what would get the word out? You showing a video of a black woman getting denied a gun permit and you pitting the NAACP against our own police departments and legislators. That's real accomplishment. And that will eventually win us carry. Not your dumb little trade show swag

It amazes me how bogged down in self absorbed bullshit these groups get drawn into to the point where they do anything but actual activism. They get so obsessed with the image based stuff they forget their mission. And that was why a bunch of them left the nj2as back then when I was still going to meetings

I say this. The people who want to win- get involved in the activism. If you want to join a social club and make tshirts, then have fun and go do that. Make sure you like them on Facebook too so they feel good about it. When we get carry, only one set of tactics will have gotten us there, but "everyone" will want to take credit for it whether they were responsible for it or not

It's not my job to get together with people who are wrong and have an incorrect view on how to achieve our goals. My only goal is to win and have those who want to join me to join me. The rest can do whatever makes them happy.

A RESPONSE FROM A 2A LEADER:

OK, I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while.  I guess I can classify myself as a 2A Leader since I helped form C4SNJ as one of their Board of Trustees (wrote their Bylaws), I TRIED to re-write NJ2AS's Bylaws for them (at the request of several members of their Leadership Team) and I'm the Vice President of the Coalition of NJ Firearm Owners.  

Just whom did we (CNJFO) piss-off?  We were only formed a year ago this week.  We incorporated as a 501©3 Charitable and Educational Non-Profit by May (and that takes $$$ AND TIME for filing).  What Bad Blood?  CNJFO has supported the 2A efforts of our Sister Organizations whenever possible.  In point of fact we deliberately delayed announcing our existence / creation on GFH Radio so as to not draw attention from the NJ2AS Recall Sweeney effort.  Don't believe me, ask my fellow Board of Trustees members from Sewell to Wayne OR ask Anthony himself!  It must be really comfortable to point fingers and generalize and write about other people you've never met or spoken to from the confines of a Keyboard Commando hole in the ground, lol!  

Wanna find-out what we're doing, thinking, planning, etc.?  Wanna give support in time, talent or dollars to HELP the 2A struggle in NJ?  Come on out to the Outdoor Expo next week and lets have a chat (THAT GOES FOR ALL OF THE COMMANDOS HERE)!  We'll have a Booth there from Thursday the 7th to the Show's conclusion on Sunday.  

And to the Commando (Luso) worried about a Bowling Event to raise awareness for a cause, let me state that getting like-minded folks together in a social atmosphere BUILDS A GREAT TEAM, raises much-needed funds, produces public awareness (causes other Bowlers to stop us and ask questions), makes members feel good about contributing time, talent and dollars, and ENCOURAGES FENCE-SITTERS TO GET INVOLVED (thereby strengthening the entire Organization).  Just the same as holding a 5K charity Walk for a local cause or to get involved with something like "Race for the Cure" for Susan G. Komen Cancer Research.  Folks that enjoy working TOGETHER for a common good tend to do more volunteer work, and it's been shown that the quality of the work can even exceed that of paid staff.  Since I broached the subject, NO ONE in CNJFO gets paid (it's in our Bylaws filed with the NJ Secretary of State---wanna copy--I'll email them to you), so don't even go down THAT road!

At the very first GFH Radio Show we did, while being pre-interviewed by Anthony himself, Matt Andras (CNJFO President) and I asked Anthony about "A Meeting of the Families" and we inquired if he'd be willing to help organize same.  So this idea is not only one we fully support, but we (CNJFO) were the FIRST to recognize its' necessity.  Due to SEVERAL factors (including Anthony's divorce), scheduling issues, projects "already in the pipeline", etc., it was decided to place the idea on the back burner for the time being.  Frankly, as a brand-new corporation we had to PROVE ourselves as Leaders and to "cut the mustard" so to speak.  With a well-established Facebook presence, daily output / updates (including pix of BOWLING FUN, lol), the establishment of TWO websites (one w/ online ordering from our Store---where you can donate $, become a member, buy logo'd apparel, register for a Pheasant Hunt Fundraiser or even volunteer), we're not going anywhere.  In fact we ordered more mustard, rolls AND the 100% Beef Franks!

I hope I've done a decent job informing those here about how much actual work goes into setting goals and getting things done.  In the past I've written a list of CNJFO accomplishments on this forum outlining our weekly goal-setting, filings, adventures, appearances, phone meetings, Exec. Board meetings, etc.  This is a 7-day a week job for me (and others on the Board).  If anyone here wishes to call me, send me a PM to get my cell number.

Turning anger and frustration into ACTIVISM FOR A COMMON GOAL, I remain,

Yours for 2A FREEDOM in NJ,

David "Rosey" Rosenthal,

Vice President Coalition of New Jersey Firearm Owners

NRA Chief Range Safety Officer

NRA Life Member

NRA Certified Instructor

NRA Double-Distinguished Expert Muzzleloading Rifle and Pistol (the Country's first)

National Muzzleloading Rifle Assn. Central Jersey Field Representative

U.S.P.S.A. Member

I.D.P.A. Member

BSA Rifle and Shotgun Merit Badge Counselor

Former Member Board of Trustees at Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club

PPC League Chairman and Match Director at OBRPC

Member of OBRPC Shotgun and Black Powder Leagues

Upland (Pheasant) Hunter

Member of New Jersey Federation of Sportsmen's Clubs

NRA Women On Target Volunteer Instructor

Annual (publication) Member of ANJRPC

Garden State Black Powder Assn. Chief Range Safety Officer

Mentor to 4-H Youth, Women, Kids

Eagle Scout Dad (Class of 2006)

Well if your organization never pissed anybody off, you can check that box now, Commando ;)

It amazes me how bogged down in self absorbed bullshit these groups get drawn into to the point where they do anything but actual activism. They get so obsessed with the image based stuff they forget their mission. And that was why a bunch of them left the nj2as back then when I was still going to meetings

This is why I have not taken a leadership position in these orgs in PA. By their very nature, these groups attract the most extreme and competitive among us, and I mean that to a fault (a petty one), egomaniacs. Not a judgment on present company, just a very valid general observation. I work with the groups, I support them, I use them. Heck, I sort of have my own groups, though not organized.

I think part of the problem is on the other side. People should stop getting pissed off about everything and look at these groups the way I do. Work with them, support them, USE them. They serve a purpose, and do far more good than harm. You don't have to take an oath to them and they don't owe you a damn thing. So stop getting sand in your vagina every time they say or do something you don't 100% support. Pleasing bull-headed firearms rights enthusiasts is like herding cats, it can't be done. Be the grown up, shelve your pride, and get a little pragmatic.

I also want to remind you how many times we failed to get SYG passed in Pennsylvania before we won. When we failed, do you know what we did? We did the same thing. Again. And again. And again. Anybody that says it's crazy to do the same thing more than once and expect different results never opened a padlock with a hammer. Progress comes from failure. The left fails 200 times because they know some day they will get their win. People here whine and give up and say nothing can be done. Fight.

Well if your organization never pissed anybody off, you can check that box now, Commando ;)

Smokin .50:

Well, I didn't really even know your group existed, let alone have you in mind when I wrote my comment. But......Since you threw your hat in the "My group is different, support us." ring, lets just analyze this a second:

1. Loooong letter screaming like a yokel that you are better/ diffrent: CHECK

2. Pissed off rant that no one supports you: CHECK

3. Manage to alienate the people that you are trying to attract: CHECK

4. Rant about others asking for status titles and then give us a Loooong list of yours: CHECK

5. Attack another 2A group by name: Double bonus points CHECK

6. Prove, once again, that unity is the only way to win, and we are far from it: CHECK

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :danced: :clapping:  

YOU ARE AN OFFICIAL NJ 2A GROUP!!!!  YAAAAAY!

MIPA gets it. You push and push and push until something gives. No one is here for a drum circle. If you want adulation, be honest and start a social club. Don't start a 2A club that spends their time giving each other fancy titles, writing bylaws, and holding social events in the name of "getting the word out". No one cares, and it has no consequence. Consequences are the only thing that matters. Notice how none of those things gets us carry. It's all talk

You need to be attacking the enemy 100% of the time and documenting their hypocrisy and making them live up to their own book of rules. If you aren't doing that, you aren't doing shit.

There is no reason why everyone on this forum couldn't walk into their police station tomorrow and record themselves demanding a concealed carry application. 90% of them wouldn't even give you the application. Put out 50 videos of various departments not even giving you the application and you have a monumental problem for Christie.

But no, you want tshirts, trade shows, and bowling. But I'm the jerk somehow, because I don't want to "get together" with these adult nerds and their little parties

For the record: I don't want these groups to get together and continue the same old b.s. but with more numbers. I want everyone to get together behind a real plan and execute. If every member of every group did that, we would be going places.

Having an even bigger circle jerk is not going to help anyone.

I would also like to add that my keyboard commando hole in the ground is where I have written several checks to these groups. Where my family and I have prepared for the meetings, and the events, and the rally's, that we wasted our time going to. It's also, where we receive the countless emails, and letters, and fund drive propaganda that all of them send. It's also where we have filled out our membership forms to these wastes of time.

Keyboard commando? Hardly! I have been shoulder to shoulder with all of you for a long time. I guess you didn't notice me because I wasn't walking around with a t shirt listing every group I joined, and every boyscout I have ever talked to. Maybe then I would be "important" just like you.

Where my family and I have prepared for the meetings, and the events, and the rally's, that we wasted our time going to. It's also, where we receive the countless emails, and letters, and fund drive propaganda that all of them send. It's also where we have filled out our membership forms to these wastes of time.

Ive never felt that even a nanosecond fighting for our rights was a waste of time.

It's David vs Goliath. That fight will never end.

MIPA gets it. You push and push and push until something gives. No one is here for a drum circle. If you want adulation, be honest and start a social club. Don't start a 2A club that spends their time giving each other fancy titles, writing bylaws, and holding social events in the name of "getting the word out". No one cares, and it has no consequence. Consequences are the only thing that matters. Notice how none of those things gets us carry. It's all talk

You need to be attacking the enemy 100% of the time and documenting their hypocrisy and making them live up to their own book of rules. If you aren't doing that, you aren't doing shit.

There is no reason why everyone on this forum couldn't walk into their police station tomorrow and record themselves demanding a concealed carry application. 90% of them wouldn't even give you the application. Put out 50 videos of various departments not even giving you the application and you have a monumental problem for Christie.

But no, you want tshirts, trade shows, and bowling. But I'm the jerk somehow, because I don't want to "get together" with these adult nerds and their little parties

there is hardcore, and softcore. But what is always required is core.

You can develop a core many different ways.... To each his own.

Anybody that claims to have all the answers is a fool.

Ive never felt that even a nanosecond fighting for our rights was a waste of time.

It's David vs Goliath. That fight will never end.

You are right. However, I wasn't talking about fighting for our rights, as much as I was talking about wasting time with foolish ways of going about it.

We have the power to fight with effectiveness, voice, and numbers. Rather, we just choose to fight ourselves with petty shit, and my "title" is bigger than yours.

there is hardcore, and softcore. But what is always required is core.

You can develop a core many different ways.... To each his own.

Anybody that claims to have all the answers is a fool.

Core is what we don't have. Core is a center, a gathering point, the foundation of all our efforts, a unity, if you will. Its the central unifying point that all our efforts should radiate from.

One group,  with a few thousand members, will never defeat an anti group of several million. PERIOD. It doesn't matter how good your plan is, or how noble your intentions are. You don't have the numbers, or the money, or the resources its going to take for a victory.

You are right. However, I wasn't talking about fighting for our rights, as much as I was talking about wasting time with foolish ways of going about it.

We have the power to fight with effectiveness, voice, and numbers. Rather, we just choose to fight ourselves with petty shit, and my "title" is bigger than yours.

To me the the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America is pretty cut and dry. The founders thought they got it right the first time.

I'll WORK along side any of you, lead / follow etc. if it doesn't work you go back to the drawing board.

I was hoping this recall effort would have worked, personally I feel I didn't give it my all. I wanted to recall everyone of the crooks!!

Core is what we don't have. Core is a center, a gathering point, the foundation of all our efforts, a unity, if you will. Its the central unifying point that all our efforts should radiate from.

One group, with a few thousand members, will never defeat an anti group of several million. PERIOD. It doesn't matter how good your plan is, or how noble your intentions are. You don't have the numbers, or the money, or the resources its going to take for a victory.

Core is there, it's just not homogenized

We have the power to fight with effectiveness, voice, and numbers. Rather, we just choose to fight ourselves with petty shit, and my "title" is bigger than yours.

It comes down to leadership, and in this state it is nonexistent. As in ZERO.

Yes, we're starting at zero.

We need an honest, intelligent organization that will identify sensible goals and means to achieve them and move forward from there. We need an atmosphere in which we recognize and engage individuals who can help us achieve those ends. We need an organization to direct volunteers who can devote a bit of time per week towards getting stuff done slowly but surely, instead of suddenly but in actuality never. We need donors large and small who will support these efforts, the disposition of whose contributions are 100% accountable and transparent.

We need to stop with the childish belief that something is worse than nothing. We need to stop playing into the hands of the corrupt illegal system by fighting for this guy's or that guy's satisfaction of justifiable need or the very idea that we need permission in 5 days, 20 days, 30 days, whatever, to purchase firearms.

And above all we need to stop following pie-in-the-sky blowhard demagogues who promise the world and deliver a diarrhea pie. 

It comes down to leadership, and in this state it is nonexistent. As in ZERO.

Yes, we're starting at zero.

We need an honest, intelligent organization that will identify sensible goals and means to achieve them and move forward from there. We need an atmosphere in which we recognize and engage individuals who can help us achieve those ends. We need an organization to direct volunteers who can devote a bit of time per week towards getting stuff done slowly but surely, instead of suddenly but in actuality never. We need donors large and small who will support these efforts, the disposition of whose contributions are 100% accountable and transparent.

We need to stop with the childish belief that something is worse than nothing. We need to stop playing into the hands of the corrupt illegal system by fighting for this guy's or that guy's satisfaction of justifiable need or the very idea that we need permission in 5 days, 20 days, 30 days, whatever, to purchase firearms.

And above all we need to stop following pie-in-the-sky blowhard demagogues who promise the world and deliver a diarrhea pie.

+10000

I thought the threat of terrorism here in the homeland would spark a sense of unity....instead they want to disarm us entirely.....makes you ponder the question, exactly who is the enemy amongst us.

of course they do. you didn't see that coming?

I was being optimistic that a sense of unity and self preservation would prevail.....instead we have to deal with .

Don't worry! That is why we have the police and the military to protect us all from harm. This is the way LIBTARDS think. The fact is If anyone harms you, they will come and fill out a report!

The police are the first to tell you that you MUST protect yourself! They know the reality as we do, but neither we nor the police make the silly, stupid and dangerous laws we have to live by.

If I stayed in my home 24/7/365 I could do a great job of protecting myself and my family. Like most us I have to leave my home and that is where the PRNJ leaves us defenseless. Helpless victims

just waiting for an armed assailant.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." Thomas Jefferson. Thanks to the State of New Jersey for not only ignoring our Constitutional rights but also

for being the greatest danger to American freedom! @$$HOLES!

I can't obviously speak for anyone else, but the primary reason I don't get involved, at all, with any of the organizations, national or otherwise is the incredible mission creep that has occurred. Instead of being focused solely on second amendment issues, it seems that they feel a need to address a lot of other political issues, most of which I disagree vehemently with. I really do wish that there was a group that only concerned themselves with this, and left other issues well enough alone.

It seems to me that in order to be effective, we need to stand as one group and I can pretty much guarantee that there is only one issue all of us agree on. Why waste time alienating one and another with pointless arguments about issues that have nothing to do with the second amendment.