Maciej

Went for a quick flight to check out the snow from the sky...

I just use a suction cup mount on the tail with a GoPro Hero 4 Black, I've tested the suction cup at the track up to 190mph and my plane will never go quick enough to pose an issue. When I'm flying aerobatics we have bolted in hard mounts to cope with the Gs (up to 10Gs).

I just use a suction cup mount on the tail with a GoPro Hero 4 Black, I've tested the suction cup at the track up to 190mph and my plane will never go quick enough to pose an issue. When I'm flying aerobatics we have bolted in hard mounts to cope with the Gs (up to 10Gs).

Wow.  And the suction cup on my dash cam keeps falling off the window when it's cold..... sigh....

Wow. And the suction cup on my dash cam keeps falling off the window when it's cold..... sigh....

Is the surface that you're attaching it to curved? A good trick is warm up the suction cup that way it conforms to the surface better.

I recognize the layout Greenwood Lake in the first shot, but don't recognize the one from the approach shot. Mind if I ask which one that was (I'm assuming it's still Greenwood Lake, I just don't remember those buildings there on the approach for some reason)? What ever one it is they did a good job clearing the snow. I was told by one the people at Linden don't come out until Tuesday and they have their own equipment to remove the snow on top of that :icon_e_confused:

I recognize the layout Greenwood Lake in the first shot, but don't recognize the one from the approach shot. Mind if I ask which one that was (I'm assuming it's still Greenwood Lake, I just don't remember those buildings there on the approach for some reason)? What ever one it is they did a good job clearing the snow. I was told by one the people at Linden don't come out until Tuesday and they have their own equipment to remove the snow on top of that :icon_e_confused:

Linden absolutely sucks for snow removal. Flew for my job out of there for 4 years.

Is the surface that you're attaching it to curved? A good trick is warm up the suction cup that way it conforms to the surface better.

True - I do that, but the windshield is cold and when the suction cup gets cold again it just comes right off.

Final approach was at KCDW where I keep my plane, outstanding snow removal and they had planes taking off at 9am or so. Taxiways not so much, almost ate it on taxiway bravo as I was getting off runway 4 lol

KMMU didn't reopen the tie down area until 4 pm yesterday, and it was a complete skating rink then. By the time we had the club's planes dug out, everyone was too tired to think about flying.

KMMU didn't reopen the tie down area until 4 pm yesterday, and it was a complete skating rink then. By the time we had the club's planes dug out, everyone was too tired to think about flying.

I'm surprised they'd drop the ball like that, then again I'm sure anything near the jets was probably perfect, seems like there isn't much priority when it comes to GA over there.

From my quick flight it looked like Lincoln Park and Greenwood Lake were perfectly clean down to the black top by noon give or take.

Really beautiful shots. So when are we going to see the video?

Very cool.  Nice shots, and I thought had some good ones when I had my drone.  Do you have video as well?

In my experience, since the plane isn't that quick (cruise around 140kts, 160mph give or take), videos tend to get quick boring unless you're really low, really fast, or doing something interesting. So... Here's a video of me doing something interesting, just different plane and about a month ago...