SuRrEaLNJ

baby's first rifle

I bought my daughter a Ruger 10/22 before she was born. Still in the box waiting for her. She's only 14 months old right now! Can't wait to show her how to use it.

My wife and I are expecting our first grandchild in March. My daughter insisted that she didn't want to know if it is a boy or girl and quite frankly doesn't matter but I can't wait. BB gun, pellet gun, p226 air pistol, dirt bike (two wheels only)........... already have the 22 Henry, ar-15 conversion, p226 22conversion........my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I tried to explain to her things will not get any cheaper if we wait to buy them.  Every time my daughter stops over I keep telling the kid "you and grandpop are gonna have a blast"!!!!

yes baby. as in newborn. and i didnt even do it!

So my wife and I had our first baby, a boy on friday the 5th.

today this happened:

21309.jpeg

my 6 day old son has his very own Red Ryder. how cool is that

Congrats.

Ps: You'll put your eye out

Congrats! He'll shoot his eye out!

Easier than getting a pink gun for my daughter.... lol

I traded and got a 10/22 as part of the package. Bought pink stock on EBay for my daughter. Remove barrel band and screw and reuse main screw. Easier than buying a pink gun.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yea I think dads gonna have to keep an eye out for deals on a 10/22 for the wee lad

When we got pregnant I wanted to find out the sex. I'm glad we didn't. There's no greater surprise or joy in life then seeing your child for the first time and the dr announcing what you had.

I traded and got a 10/22 as part of the package. Bought pink stock on EBay for my daughter. Remove barrel band and screw and reuse main screw. Easier than buying a pink gun.

I went full retard:

dIRAPo9.jpg

Yea I think dads gonna have to keep an eye out for deals on a 10/22 for the wee lad

When we got pregnant I wanted to find out the sex. I'm glad we didn't. There's no greater surprise or joy in life then seeing your child for the first time and the dr announcing what you had.

We both wanted to find out right away - my wife wanted to know what she could start shopping for :)

I went full retard:

Posted Image

We both wanted to find out right away - my wife wanted to know what she could start shopping for :)

Lol. That looks like the one she wanted. Told her if she practices enough and gets good enough with the 10/22 she can get a pink AR in a couple years. Right now she is going on 13. So I figure 15-16yrs old.

Lol. That looks like the one she wanted. Told her if she practices enough and gets good enough with the 10/22 she can get a pink AR in a couple years. Right now she is going on 13. So I figure 15-16yrs old.

If you want, buy the parts now.  Magpul discontinued their pink furniture so supplies are running low.  The lower is a TNArms Polymer hybrid lower.  several parts were Cerakoted pink as well (trigger, mag release, bolt release, takedown pins, safety selector, charging handle, dust cover, forward assist).

Congratulations sure all and maks! We're about to.have our first (April 2) I am thinking of going with a Henry, a .22 for him or her and a matching .357 for dad. Lol

Good choice, I know of no kid that was not totally off the wall after shooting a yellow boy.  Congrats one and all.

that would be a golden boy, not a yellow boy. :D

also don't forget, Henry does custom serial #s at no charge.  I've got a special Golden Boy waiting for the kid when he gets a little older.  Serial # is his initials followed by his 8 digit birth date.  Not to mention the customized receiver cover option as well.  I figure that might happen when he gets older.

If you want, buy the parts now. Magpul discontinued their pink furniture so supplies are running low. The lower is a TNArms Polymer hybrid lower. several parts were Cerakoted pink as well (trigger, mag release, bolt release, takedown pins, safety selector, charging handle, dust cover, forward assist).

Thank you for the info. I will definitely look to buy the parts now.

I did not want to find out the sex and my wife agreed and now it's driving her nuts lol. She is very noise so I'm supprized she even agreed. As long as it's healthy I don't care if it's a boy or girl........but I am hoping for a boy lol.

that would be a golden boy, not a yellow boy. :D

also don't forget, Henry does custom serial #s at no charge. I've got a special Golden Boy waiting for the kid when he gets a little older. Serial # is his initials followed by his 8 digit birth date. Not to mention the customized receiver cover option as well. I figure that might happen when he gets older.

how do I go about getting the custom serial number on the Henry? I really like that idea.