RobCo

N.J. Senate OKs bill To roll back changes on concealed handguns

Sadly, moving is not an option for many of us due to a variety of reasons.  On the bright side, NJ gun ownership has risen dramatically over the past few years.  There are over 1.1 million gun owners in NJ, approx. 12.5% of the population of 9 million.  Many of our family and friends, who never even thought about owning a weapon, have become owners or applied to get their permit. As more  people in NJ realize weapons are not taboo, they'll (hopefully) create enough pressure to vote out these crazy politicians! This is especially true for the large minority communities in many sections of NJ (who most of these insane gun laws were written to target).  If those communities would realize the laws are basically written to keep guns OUT of their hands, the political pressure would be enormous and our laws would change very quickly!    

Where do those numbers come from? They come from the do-nothing organizations whose existence depends on our dissatisfaction and which, given their utter failure, feel the need to point out a sliver of silver in a very large, dark cloud. Frankly I don't believe the 12.5% number, not that it's even anything to write home about. 

Every free person should own a gun or at least know how to shoot.

12.5% times zero is still zero.

It's probably published as licensure or OPRA.

Most states publish carry permit statistics, I would expect NJ either does provide FID/PPL stats or will if OPRA'd. 12.5% actually seems low to me from my experience of many decades in Jersey. I'm surprised you find it suspicious up where you live. I guess I don't know the rates in the cities, though, which probably drops the number if I were to guess. As far as licensed ownership is concerned, anyway.

"Assembly takes step to block Christie's expansion of gun laws"

That title is just hilarious in and of itself - It actually tells the true story - the Assembly would like to expand more gun laws in this state - Not that Christie reduced any, but its a funny article title nonetheless.

• Like 1

Until their decisions have a profound effect on their own power, wallet, or freedom, nothing is going to change. They have nothing at stake if they violate the constitution, and they couldn't care any less about the well being of the common rabble.

Per SCOTUS, the police are not responsible for protecting us. All but a very few states offer CCW in one way or another and tell their people to defend themselves.

Will the PRNJ agree with SCOTUS and state that it not the responsibility of the police to protect us? If they stated otherwise, we could sue for lack of protection when assaulted outside the home!

If the PRNJ says the police can't always defend us when we are away from home and also say that we can't defend ourselves, the the PRNJ must admit we are defenseless! Those victims and their families

like Carol Bowne's family should have the right to sue the state since they were victims by virtue of state laws.

The PRNJ must be FORCED to protect it's citizens since they can't defend themselves.

We can't carry guns, billy clubs, tasers of any kind, slingshots, switchblade knives, knives in general, pepper spray over 3/4 ounce, black jacks, or any other device that could cause bodily harm.

HOW THE F@*K CAN THEY CONTINUE TO DO THIS TO US!!!

Last time I checked, NJ is part of the USA!

We should have a rally in Trenton. Not empty holster either! If we got enough people, not just from Jersey but friends from all over the country. Would they lock us all up? How would that play out in the media

in free America? 2 to 5 thousand new Felons in one day! They could not afford to feed all of us!

We should have a rally in Trenton. Not empty holster either! If we got enough people, not just from Jersey but friends from all over the country. Would they lock us all up? How would that play out in the media

in free America? 2 to 5 thousand new Felons in one day! They could not afford to feed all of us!

Would be interesting to see what would happen and reaction if thousands of people showed up carrying for a BLM or Occupy style protest.

I suppose it would be difficult to muster a big enough crowd though, most gun owners would have to weigh the possible outcome of civil disobedience and most of us have a lot to lose.