RobCo

N.J. Senate OKs bill To roll back changes on concealed handguns

"Weinberg contends the change would allow "every cab driver, every pizza delivery driver and anyone else living or working in a high crime neighborhood to qualify for a firearms permit."

Oh no, we wouldn't want unwashed working-class riff-raff like that carrying guns!

It doesn't matter... this isn't news, it's a dog and pony show. Nothing changed on either side, and everyone gets to tell their constituents that they Did Something™.

• Like 2

What's somewhat funny was when everyone condemned the governor for not doing an executive action to just do away with justifiable need. Now we see that the governor doesn't have that kind of power without the legislature.

The funniest part is that Christie thinks that adding "serious threats" actually somehow removes justifiable need from the law, I'm sure every serious threat would be scrutinized and denied as per the standard for the past 30+ years - hes a tool bag as well - typical RINO "well what do you expect me to do we Republicans dont run the legislature they are just going to override me" - piss poor excuse.

Its like taking a few pennies out from a wishing well in the mall - theres still a shit ton of loose change in there to clean up - he should use his remaining 17 months rolling back real restrictions because you know its 10 rounds and unSAFE act for us as soon as Sweeney and Sleezeberg get the reins back

So the governor changes the standard for concealed carry from impossible to nearly impossible, and the legislature has a fit.

When will they realize that it's not about guns, but about our natural born right to be able to defend ourselves against criminals, terrorists, and other predators?  It's a big F you to all of us, whose lives are deemed to be worthless by our ruling class.  

So the governor changes the standard for concealed carry from impossible to nearly impossible, and the legislature has a fit.

When will they realize that it's not about guns, but about our natural born right to be able to defend ourselves against criminals, terrorists, and other predators?  It's a big F you to all of us, whose lives are deemed to be worthless by our ruling class.  

Not to be harsh, but when will you realize they don't care about us or the Constitution or freedom and liberty. They care about their progressive dream end goal of molding the world closer to their desires....not ours. They are NOT public servants, but tyrannical leaders that need to protect their wealth and power. Once you realize that we are their real enemies, you'll realize how dire the circumstance has become.

• Like 4

Not to be harsh, but when will you realize they don't care about us or the Constitution or freedom and liberty. They care about their progressive dream end goal of molding the world closer to their desires....not ours. They are NOT public servants, but tyrannical leaders that need to protect their wealth and power. Once you realize that we are their real enemies, you'll realize how dire the circumstance has become.

^This x1000000000 - Our government leaders now look to serve a lifetime in government (look at Weinberg) - and our precious R's who are supposed to be fighting for 2A and 1A rights are going to happy hours and laughing their asses off with their fellow progressives - enslavement of the common folk to be dependent on government and complete disarmament of the people is the goal in this state in my opinion -

• Like 1

Unfortunately this politicians don't care about what our rights are supposed to be. They think they can dictate what we can or cannot have, and they do. Yet, the people of this state continue to put them in office.

I'm curious what the "legislative intent" Weinberg mentions actually is.

Total control. The way back to constitutional rights is the either get rid of them permanently, or hold them directly responsible for the damage created when they force their personal agenda on every one. It doesn't look like either will happen any time soon.

What's somewhat funny was when everyone condemned the governor for not doing an executive action to just do away with justifiable need. Now we see that the governor doesn't have that kind of power without the legislature.

I thought the remedies open to him as explained in these forums were too good to be true. Turns out even the redefined "justifiable need" is worded so broadly it would probably be interpreted essentially the same as justifiable need. There's so much overlap between the new and old terms, I don't understand what everyone is getting excited about. 

Mikelets456, of course I realize that.  Read my last sentence again.  I was asking the question rhetorically.  

You are absolutely correct in your assessment.  I fear there is no hope for this state.  I will keep fighting while I'm here, but I believe the only way to restore one's 2A rights is to leave NJ.

Incorrect. He has the power, and doesn't need approval from the legislature to do it. However, the legislature can stop him. They are trying to pass new legislation to do so.

Anyone on here read Unintended Consequences by John Ross? It is a free pdf download out there on the 'net. Probably puts you on a watchgroup though, but I don't care, I still tell people to read it. He described a way to "fix" the politicians in there.................. But I don't want to get labeled as some sort of nut job so I won't condone such actions.........

Incorrect. He has the power, and doesn't need approval from the legislature to do it. However, the legislature can stop him. They are trying to pass new legislation to do so.

Sure he can do anything he wants in an executive action BUT the legislation gets the final say. They are not not passing any new legislation. They have the power in a concurrent resolution with a simple majority of both houses to effectively invalidate an executive action.

Article V Section IV of the NJ Constitution:

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/lawsconstitution/constitution.asp

"   6.   No rule or regulation made by any department, officer, agency or authority of this state, except such as relates to the organization or internal management of the State government or a part thereof, shall take effect until it is filed either with the Secretary of State or in such other manner as may be provided by law.  The Legislature shall provide for the prompt publication of such rules and regulations.  The Legislature may review any rule or regulation to determine if the rule or regulation is consistent with the intent of the Legislature as expressed in the language of the statute which the rule or regulation is intended to implement.  Upon a finding that an existing or proposed rule or regulation is not consistent with legislative intent, the Legislature shall transmit this finding in the form of a concurrent resolution to the Governor and the head of the Executive Branch agency which promulgated, or plans to promulgate, the rule or regulation.  The agency shall have 30 days to amend or withdraw the existing or proposed rule or regulation.  If the agency does not amend or withdraw the existing or proposed rule or regulation, the Legislature may invalidate that rule or regulation, in whole or in part, or may prohibit that proposed rule or regulation, in whole or in part, from taking effect by a vote of a majority of the authorized membership of each House in favor of a concurrent resolution providing for invalidation or prohibition, as the case may be, of the rule or regulation.  This vote shall not take place until at least 20 calendar days after the placing on the desks of the members of each House of the Legislature in open meeting of the transcript of a public hearing held by either House on the invalidation or prohibition of the rule or regulation."

It is not so easy in the federal government. Congress can pass a new bill to invalidate an executive action but the President can veto it. Congress then has to have enough votes to override the veto. This allows the President to have much more power. The alternative is to go to court and Obama hasn't been so successful there.

The agency shall have 30 days to amend or withdraw the existing or proposed rule or regulation.

So, like they do with P2Ps, let's have the agency turn 30 days into 30 months.

• Like 1