hannibal

Hello From North Jersey

Hello all. I'm new to the forum. I consider myself more of a collector than shooter since I probably get to the range less than 6 times a year. I am interested in historical firearms although when I do shoot it is mostly modern rifles. I have been reading some posts and it looks like a nice site.

As I understand it, C&R license is okay in NJ. All internet gun purchases must ship to FFL. C&R firearms can be bought FTF out-of-state without NICS. No NICS for C&R in state. Discounts available from wholesalers and retailers.

As I understand it, C&R license is okay in NJ. All internet gun purchases must ship to FFL. C&R firearms can be bought FTF out-of-state without NICS. No NICS for C&R in state. Discounts available from wholesalers and retailers.

Absolutely correct (well, I'm not sure about the no NICS for C&R instate; hadn't heard that). Buddy of mine in S. Amboy got a C&R... and got a little visit from an ATF agent to explain all of the above to him, as they get so few requests for a C&R from NJ. All firearms purchases must go through an FFL, so you can't get stuff shipped directly to you. However, given the prices of some C&R stuff (like Mosins, etc), it'd be worth even paying the FFL transfer fee.

As for discounts - Brownells and MidwayUSA are two places that give C&R holders dealer pricing.

Where are you located? i too have a severe case of wwii milsurpitus. I collect mainly bringbacks, but anything that looks like it has an interesting history may be to my liking. Maybe we will have to meet up and let the old warhorses stretch thier legs a little.