tgz13

Motorcycles..

Here is my favorite bike I own. It is a 1940 BMW R12 Military.The picture is a few months old before it was finished. I just got it finished in the past week and will post some pics on here andmy website hopefully this weekend when the sidecar is on. If the license plate offends anyone I am sorry but it is a piece of history.

very cool piece, a few military rifles in the pic would be even cooler or a 1911 .

YAY!! I literally just got back from DMV :D Just passed my road test and received my M endorsement!!

I'm soo excited...Now I need to go out and buy a bike

I'l post pics once I pick one out.. 8-)

Can we transport to the range on a bike??

Probably illegal I'm guessing....

I've had my bike licenses a few years but never got one, I was looking to buy a used cruiser a few months ago... something like a vstar 1100.....i love the all blacked out harleys (street bob, etc) but they're way out of my price range

but i couldn't find a decent bike in my price range, so i figured i'd spend the money on something else i've wanted to do for a while, so i went out last month and applied for my FID.... My bike fund is now a 1911 fund...

I'm lookin at sport bikes right now...kawasaki or suzuki to start..maybe 500 or 550cc...

next year I can graduate to a 750cc my friends are tellin me....

we'll see how it goes..

I want to get a cheap used 250 for august only then buy a new one next year and they're making fun of me..lol...

Ducati North America used to be my client when they were up here in Wayne...I had a sick deal for like $6000 off on a supersport...but I had no interest then and if I bought it, it came with restriction that I couldn't sell it for 3 years..lol...ducati north america is elsewhere now and I have no contacts..lol...maybe later in life 8-)

I've had my bike licenses a few years but never got one, I was looking to buy a used cruiser a few months ago... something like a vstar 1100.....i love the all blacked out harleys (street bob, etc) but they're way out of my price range

but i couldn't find a decent bike in my price range, so i figured i'd spend the money on something else i've wanted to do for a while, so i went out last month and applied for my FID.... My bike fund is now a 1911 fund...

Check out suzuki's boulevard line...thats what I ended up buying when I was looking in the same places you were.

-Scott

those are really nice. My brother bought a honda.

I was going to get a ninja 250 before hopping onto a monster 620.... but alas, we live in NJ and I dont wanna be run over by careless drivers.

A 250?!?!? Shit man that's like expecting a 22 to take down a deer.

Here is my favorite bike I own. It is a 1940 BMW R12 Military.The picture is a few months old before it was finished. I just got it finished in the past week and will post some pics on here andmy website hopefully this weekend when the sidecar is on. If the license plate offends anyone I am sorry but it is a piece of history and I dont mean to offend anyone.

Here is my favorite bike I own. It is a 1940 BMW R12 Military.The picture is a few months old before it was finished. I just got it finished in the past week and will post some pics on here andmy website hopefully this weekend when the sidecar is on. If the license plate offends anyone I am sorry but it is a piece of history and I dont mean to offend anyone.

That is amazing!!!

My dad's got an Ural with sidecar along with a bunch of older bikes back in Europe that we plan on shipping over here one day.

Tom, story time. Are you ok? Lowsided into the guard rail? I actually have my motorcycle endorsement on my license, but just didnt really make sense to go out to buy one, after brother, during the rider course, flew over the handlebars into a light post. fractured shoulder it seems. Scorpion helmet saved his life.

Story time huh..hmmm

Long story short, I am ok now. This was the summer of 2005, June 5th. The beautiful Sunday ride ended with me (not low siding into a guardrail) hitting the guardrail and going over the bars :shock: I was super lucky to have my riding buddies who instantly came to my rescue about 15 feet down the side of the hill. Medevaced from that big circle at the bottom of 9 to Poughkeepsie Hospital, turned out I had a broken Femur and a fractured pelvis. Lucky for me I was a gear natzi and had on my shoei full face helmet, leather padded riding jacket, riding pants and boots, so I had not a scratch besides the broken bones.

3 Surgeries, an 18 in Titanium rod, and some physical therapy later you wouldn't know anything happened to me. I have scaring on my upper thigh which I will have taken care of when I have the rod removed some day.

So I say to anyone who does ride.. WEAR YOUR GEAR. I will take a pic of my helmet tomorrow which I still keep in my garage as a reminder how lucky my a** was!!!

You saw what it looked like before.. here is what it looked like after the accident http://tnez13.smugmug.com/gallery/2018669_KwJcP#103387373_89hSJ

Not a fun day for most of us... I had to good of a view of this low side and I dont want to do that again. That 51 almost took me out when it cameback into the road after hitting that guard rail.

I say slap that 51 engine you still have in a go cart and scare the woman and child in the area. LOL

Oh boy...

To make a long story short:

I began riding at 18 and rode non-stop until I was about 24 or so. I competed as a stunt rider in competitions at race tracks such as Englishtown, NJ and performed in private stunt shows. I rode everyday, traveled all the time and met some awesome people, some who became my closest friends. I gave up riding because I was (naturally) tired of being hassled by Police all the time, spending time in court rooms and I began losing friends to motorcycle-related accidents left and right. I figured I'd get out while I was ahead. I haven't owned a sportbike since I quit. I occasionally take my father's Harley Fat Boy out when the weather is nice and the mood is right. I mostly just ride my mountain and road bicycle now, but I'm fierce! :lol:

Here are some pics from when I used to ride:

n668785317_1543700_4797.jpg

n668785317_1543701_5002.jpg

n668785317_1543704_5730.jpg

n668785317_1543705_5978.jpg

n668785317_1543706_6231.jpg

n668785317_1543707_6504.jpg

n668785317_1543708_6755.jpg

n668785317_1543709_6989.jpg

n668785317_1543710_7238.jpg

n668785317_1543711_7509.jpg

n668785317_1543712_7754.jpg

n668785317_1543713_8024.jpg

n668785317_1543714_8286.jpg

n668785317_2110453_3503116.jpg

You use to be on TSSB? I think I remember some of these pictures. I never got into the stunting but love watching it.

Yup, I ride too. Currently have a 2007 SV1000S. Love love love the engine, hate hate hate the ergo's. I've added Convertibars and Sergeant seat and the comfort still leaves something to be desired.

Started riding in Sept 2002. My wife (then girlfriend), in 2001, decided she wanted to learn how to ride. We had a friend that used to have a MC riding school and he taught her. She got a Honda 750 Shadow ACE, after having a Honda Rebel for a few months, in May 2002. She left it at her mom's and we went to go pick it up. Twas right out of a commercial.... the garage door opens, the sunlight glints off the chrome, I ride it up and down the driveway, and I'm hooked. I sign up for the MSF course at Fairleigh Dickinson and get myself a brand new 2002 silver SV650S.... really liked that bike. Everyone I knew who rode at the time rode cruisers. Sold the SV and got a 2002 Yamaha Roadstar. 2003 was a big MC year for me. When I got my MC license, it seemed everybody was getting their MC license. My buddy and I, who just got his license as well, went to go visit a friend in Phoenix. The 3 of us rented HD's and cruised the desert. Love them or not, riding an HD through the desert seems exceptionally RIGHT. That summer my wife and I and 4 others rode up to Nova Scotia. It was THE coolest vacation I've ever had. My grandparents had just moved out to Tuscon late that spring and my wife and I went out to visit. While we were out there, we eloped on a hot air balloon on the north side of Phoenix and rented 2 HD Fatboys and rode up to the Grand Canyon for the honeymoon. A most excellent trip.

So, now my wife rides a 2003 Kawi Z1000 and I have the SV1000S that I'm probably going to sell this spring and either get a Bandit 1250 or a HD Superglide..... money permitting.

I have my MC license but dont ride... something about being run over on a sports bike. lol

so considering a Monster 620/650, Triumpth Street Triple.... or something naked around there.

is there more of a safety factor with them?

that or if i ever move out of NJ, will get one.

Hey...don't knock 250's, and yes a.22 can take down a deer. It's how you ride and how you shoot.

Re:22 and deer, Yeah, so can a rock and a sling, doesn't mean that it's the best way...

My (cough) small frame is almost 1cc per pound on a 250. Sure, if you're 150 lbs then maybe a 250 will serve you well, but, "There's no replacement for DISPLACEMENT."

Used to have a 92 HD Soft Tail with blue flames on the tank.

A short while after my best friend nearly died due to an idiot driver that ran a red light, my mother convinced me to to turn it in to a down payment for a house when my wife and I got engaged.

YES - I MISS IT VERY MUCH AND WILL BUY ANOTHER !

My wife wants me to buy my friend's Harley which is for sale but it's not a practical purchase right now.

Maybe next year?

YES - I MISS IT VERY MUCH AND WILL BUY ANOTHER !

My wife wants me to buy my friend's Harley which is for sale but it's not a practical purchase right now.

Maybe next year?

Bikes are definitely a nice relaxer. Nothing better then taking a nice cruise on a sunday afternoon like today and forget about all your worries. But, like you said, if it isnt a practical purchase then dont do it because it sure as hell isnt a practical mode of transportation. It is something that you look foward too on nice days, not a commuter everyday. Good luck!

-Scott

Had some time so I rode up to a favorite destination, Wolfeboro, NH. Right on the lake and a great little town. One of the states better homemade ice cream stands.... Nice as the summer crowds have subsided somewhat.

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0849.jpg