tgz13

Motorcycles..

Who has them or Had them?

Seen a few people post things about motorcycles and it got me missing mine. Had a 2000 RC51 (My Baby) for just under 2 yrs before it met it's demise one beautiful Sunday in Upstate NY.. Stupid guardrail!! :cry:

I don't have or ever owned a bike besides a 2001 Honda 400ex quad. I was interested in buying a bike and since i am a big guy i was going to purchase a Suzuki Hayabusa but instead used that case for an engagement ring.

I am glad i didn't buy that bike 2 years ago, i know i woudl have gotten in alot of trouble if not worse.

Oh boy...

To make a long story short:

I began riding at 18 and rode non-stop until I was about 24 or so. I competed as a stunt rider in competitions at race tracks such as Englishtown, NJ and performed in private stunt shows. I rode everyday, traveled all the time and met some awesome people, some who became my closest friends. I gave up riding because I was (naturally) tired of being hassled by Police all the time, spending time in court rooms and I began losing friends to motorcycle-related accidents left and right. I figured I'd get out while I was ahead. I haven't owned a sportbike since I quit. I occasionally take my father's Harley Fat Boy out when the weather is nice and the mood is right. I mostly just ride my mountain and road bicycle now, but I'm fierce! :lol:

Here are some pics from when I used to ride:

n668785317_1543700_4797.jpg

n668785317_1543701_5002.jpg

n668785317_1543704_5730.jpg

n668785317_1543705_5978.jpg

n668785317_1543706_6231.jpg

n668785317_1543707_6504.jpg

n668785317_1543708_6755.jpg

n668785317_1543709_6989.jpg

n668785317_1543710_7238.jpg

n668785317_1543711_7509.jpg

n668785317_1543712_7754.jpg

n668785317_1543713_8024.jpg

n668785317_1543714_8286.jpg

n668785317_2110453_3503116.jpg

So you were one of them lol J/K man..

I never got into the stunting scene, me and my buddies used to love to take off super early on the weekend and just ride all day. Out last trip we left at 6:30am, gassed up, booked up the parkway.. past bear mountain and all the way into Poughkeepsie NY. It wasn't unusual for us to put on 2-300 miles in a day on our "sportbikes" :D

Man I miss those days sometimes..

So you were one of them lol J/K man..

I never got into the stunting scene, me and my buddies used to love to take off super early on the weekend and just ride all day. Out last trip we left at 6:30am, gassed up, booked up the parkway.. past bear mountain and all the way into Poughkeepsie NY. It wasn't unusual for us to put on 2-300 miles in a day on our "sportbikes" :D

Man I miss those days sometimes..

I loved cruising, as well. It was hard to do so and not constantly tank up with gas with the gearing I was running (-2 front, +3 rear). :lol:

My buddies and I would ride up to bear mountain all the time. We'd wheelie pretty much the whole way up but we'd hit the turns hard, too. I rode with some incredibly talented/fearless people.

Who has them or Had them?

Seen a few people post things about motorcycles and it got me missing mine. Had a 2000 RC51 (My Baby) for just under 2 yrs before it met it's demise one beautiful Sunday in Upstate NY.. Stupid guardrail!! :cry:

Tom, story time. Are you ok? Lowsided into the guard rail? I actually have my motorcycle endorsement on my license, but just didnt really make sense to go out to buy one, after brother, during the rider course, flew over the handlebars into a light post. fractured shoulder it seems. Scorpion helmet saved his life.

Come the warm weather it's rare that I'm in the car. The great bike roads start at the end of my driveway. Or a short ride to the beach because they have dedicated mc parking spaces right on the beach.... Love the fact I can ride for mile after mile and not see a traffic light or much traffic.

Tom, story time. Are you ok? Lowsided into the guard rail? I actually have my motorcycle endorsement on my license, but just didnt really make sense to go out to buy one, after brother, during the rider course, flew over the handlebars into a light post. fractured shoulder it seems. Scorpion helmet saved his life.

Story time huh..hmmm

Long story short, I am ok now. This was the summer of 2005, June 5th. The beautiful Sunday ride ended with me (not low siding into a guardrail) hitting the guardrail and going over the bars :shock: I was super lucky to have my riding buddies who instantly came to my rescue about 15 feet down the side of the hill. Medevaced from that big circle at the bottom of 9 to Poughkeepsie Hospital, turned out I had a broken Femur and a fractured pelvis. Lucky for me I was a gear natzi and had on my shoei full face helmet, leather padded riding jacket, riding pants and boots, so I had not a scratch besides the broken bones.

3 Surgeries, an 18 in Titanium rod, and some physical therapy later you wouldn't know anything happened to me. I have scaring on my upper thigh which I will have taken care of when I have the rod removed some day.

So I say to anyone who does ride.. WEAR YOUR GEAR. I will take a pic of my helmet tomorrow which I still keep in my garage as a reminder how lucky my ass was!!!

You saw what it looked like before.. here is what it looked like after the accident http://tnez13.smugmug.com/gallery/2018669_KwJcP#103387373_89hSJ

Between bikes at the moment....

Got license 4 years ago @ 39yrs old

In order:

2004 SV650

2000 VFR

1995 Magna

2006 Honda 919

Going to a cruiser....

between - Honda VTX 1800F or Triumph Speedmaster

I always loved the VFR, I was looking for one when I stumbled on my RC 51 and ended up taking it home :D

Our of the 2.. I love the looks of the VTX, especially how large of an aftermarket following it has.

I owned a 2002 Yamaha YZ426F motocross bike which was street titled and converted into a supermotard. That was, hands down, the most fun bike I've ever owned. The bike only did about 80mph, but it was the best handling, wheel-lifting, a$$ sliding ride around. I'd bruise my friends on sportbikes up through tricky twisties pretty badly.

If I were to do it all over again I'd go with a supermotard with a larger displacement like this KTM 990 Supermoto R:

I owned a bunch of bikes. In no particular order and not counting dirtbikes:

2002 GSXR1000

1998 GSXR750

1992 GSXR750

1998 CBR900RR

1997 CBR900RR

1998 ZX6E

2002 YZ426F Supermoto

I owned a 2002 Yamaha YZ426F motocross bike which was street titled and converted into a supermotard. That was, hands down, the most fun bike I've ever owned. The bike only did about 80mph, but it was the best handling, wheel-lifting, a$$ sliding ride around. I'd bruise my friends on sportbikes up through tricky twisties pretty badly.

I have only had 2 street bike over my 5 years of street riding..

My last was the 2000 RC 51

And my first was a 1998 Yamaha Seca 2.. Thing was small and not super quick, but it was relatively light and a ball to ride :lol:

I never did much crazy riding, except for speed and some wheelies, which on the RC was easy as all hell.. especially -1/Front & +2/Rear. On a 1000cc Vtwin it was real easy to haul some serious a$$

I was about to pick up a Kawi ZZR 600, which is the old carbed zx6r. But always loved the looks of the Monster 650's and Triumpth Street Triples.

Speed Tripels are beautiful bikes, especially the new ones. Once you go naked you never go back!

Kick ass ride Bad Bull.. I looked at the R6 before my RC since it was always one of my favorite bikes. I got to ride a buddies and I felt like I was riding a scooter, it felt so small under neath me that I couldn't get comfortable on it.

I was always a Yamaha fan (dirt bike, quad and first street bike) and felt like I was betraying the brand when I got the Honda, until I pulled out of the lot when I picked it up and I was smiling from ear to ear :D

Here is my favorite bike I own. It is a 1940 BMW R12 Military.The picture is a few months old before it was finished. I just got it finished in the past week and will post some pics on here andmy website hopefully this weekend when the sidecar is on. If the license plate offends anyone I am sorry but it is a piece of history.

Blackfox, that is one of the reasons that I plan to sell the sucker, ether that or I'm going to kill myself on the damn thing...

tgz13, the R6 is so light the first mod I had to buy was a steering dampner because the front end would always get to light and when I came back down the front would shake, its not a great feeling having your stomach in your throat. I was thinking a v-twin like the RC51 at the time I was in the market for a sport bike now I just may want something laid back like a cruiser.

Richie...did you ride with leigon??? I am friends with Jim "Mad" Mason, I used to ride with Mike Soy and all those guys. I used to stunt 50's too. Had a 929 & a 954. Sold everything but the quads and got into boats.

I would of never thought. =)

haha this was a quite a few years back....calmed down quite a bit now, and gained about 40 lbs, fat and lazy is where its at!

So you know what you got to do. Give one of your guys at a shop the day off and start doing his job. =P

I couldn't keep up with them now if my life depended on it! I tried vacuuming a few months ago for about 10 mins and I almost threw a clot! I give them credit....they do it for 10 hrs a day....900-1000 cars / day, I'm out of breath just thinking about it. I really have to start getting back in shape...maybe I will start tomorrow with working out my trigger finger!!!! :mrgreen:

I have owned a bunch of dirtbikes when I was younger but was tired of getting hasselled by local PD so I sold them. I missed not riding for a few years so I bought a 2005 Suzuki Boulevard M50 when it first came out. Its a nice mix of cruiser and yet sporty. Still have it 13k miles and going strong!

-Scott 8-) [image][/image]