Sniper

Got Eggs, Milk and Bread? It's Snowmaggedon!!

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

Peel, there is nothing "pervy" about hot chocolate or a lovely warm buttered roll.  Sheesh, where do you come up with this stuff?

She has a dirty mind, and she projects it onto us. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

my lot at work was plowed yesterday. even though it snowed/sleeted all day, there was no significant accumulation during the day, and when i left at 6pm it was maybe 1/4" this morning there's about 4". when i got home, i broke out the snow blower, and did my usual clearing mine and my neighbors walks and driveways. this morning it doesn't look like i touched them.

I haven't been outside yet, but from last nights shovel tracks on the patio, it looks like we got another 3-4 inches.  Forecasts are calling for another 1-3 before it all ends near 3pm.  Based on the conditions right now, I say we are closer to the 3 inch mark for today.  

That would put Clinton near the 20 inch mark for snow totals...oh and haven't seen or heard a town plow in hours.

38 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

I used the snowblower yesterday afternoon during the lull to clear off the snow/ice/sleet. Probably have another 4-6” at this point and it’s still coming down. 

still haven’t had an excuse to leave the house with the jeep yet :(

who needs an excuse?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, 1LtCAP said:

who needs an excuse?

“Hey honey!  I know you’re dealing with the toddlers and helping the pre-teen virtual learn but I’m going to go do doughnuts in the jeep. Bye!”

”Ok, just bring everything with you that you don’t want out on the front lawn..”

• Haha 1

I think we got an honest 16" where I live in Morris County, with another inch or three expected later today.  There were large areas with deeper drifts; much of our deck has over 3', and last night when I finished snowblowing, there was a section of driveway that I hadn't already done once at lunchtime and it was all over 20"...a few inches taller than the mouth of the snowblower.  That was fun.  I finished just after 11 pm, and we only got a light dusting after that.  One more easy pass late this afternoon should wrap it up...and then I get to meet the flying club at the airport, and go through the whole exercise again to dig out the airplane and the tie-down spot.

I mostly like snow, but there are times....

33 minutes ago, voyager9 said:

“Hey honey!  Where is that DVD of The Shining, I really feel like watching that, The Shining, (softly, menacingly) Heeeeeeeere's Johnny... (maniacal giggle).

"But, I don't know if I can sit still long enough to watch the movie.  I’m also thinking about going out for some donuts, I should probably take the Jeep, much safer ”

"BTW, Where's the axe?"

Dude... Lesson A.  Options, you need to offer options, not ultimatums. Don't be a jerk.   B. Use subjective language.  Technically, you are still going out for "donuts".  Never lie to your wife, but there is no law that says you have to spill your purse.  C.  Using Scorpio's handbook of family science, you will avert much conflict, she will literally hand you the keys and push you out the door.  Pro tip. Be sure to return home before the locksmith arrives.

• Haha 1

So, I run my snowblower pretty much around my whole block. I have a lot of older folks in my ‘hood that shouldn’t be out shoveling snow. I don’t do it for money, I do it because it’s the right thing to do. 

A little while ago, there was a 30’s lady walking around with a snow shovel, selling her service of shoveling out peoples driveways and walks. 
She got hired by one of my neighbors (on a part I don’t do, but can see from my house). 
While I was snow blowing, she actually walked up to me and asked me if I would snowblow the driveway she was getting PAID to do!!! I told her no, I already have done my whole block, and I’m not going to do the work she got paid to do. 

I was astonished that she actually got pissed off at me, because I wouldn’t help HER do something she was PAID to do!!! 

Some peoples children! 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

So, I run my snowblower pretty much around my whole block. I have a lot of older folks in my ‘hood that shouldn’t be out shoveling snow. I don’t do it for money, I do it because it’s the right thing to do. 

A little while ago, there was a 30’s lady walking around with a snow shovel, selling her service of shoveling out peoples driveways and walks. 
She got hired by one of my neighbors (on a part I don’t do, but can see from my house). 
While I was snow blowing, she actually walked up to me and asked me if I would snowblow the driveway she was getting PAID to do!!! I told her no, I already have done my whole block, and I’m not going to do the work she got paid to do. 

I was astonished that she actually got pissed off at me, because I wouldn’t help HER do something she was PAID to do!!! 

Some peoples children! 

Should have charged her for contracting out the work. 

3 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

She thought I’d do it because she was a cute girl. Nope. Not happening. 

I wonder how many guys she suckers into doing the work for her.  She goes out with shovel, looks like a damsel in distress, guilts a a couple guys into doing most of the work, then she rings doorbell and collects.   Hmm..  I bet she's a democrat.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Scorpio64 said:

I wonder how many guys she suckers into doing the work for her.  She goes out with shovel, looks like a damsel in distress, guilts a a couple guys into doing most of the work, then she rings doorbell and collects.   Hmm..  I bet she's a democrat.

I’d bet you’re right. 

It was kinda funny...she watched me across the street with the snow blower and kept giving me the ‘doe eyes’. 

She didn’t know who she was dealing with!! 

• Haha 1

Sitting down and relaxing for the first time since about 0200 Monday. Plowed overnight, home in the morning to do day job, scarfed down a late lunch, then back out.  Home around 2200, checked & responded to some work email, since I technically left a little early. Up at 0400 with a migraine, head to the office for day job; home to clean my drive & put everything away. Will have some dinner, sit in front of the PC & Boob-tube for a few hours then hope for some solid sleep. 

I had it easy compared to the guys up North though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Displaced Texan said:

It was kinda funny...she watched me across the street with the snow blower and kept giving me the ‘doe eyes’. 

She didn’t know who she was dealing with!! 

You're lucky it didn't end up like this:

3 dead after snow shoveling dispute turns violent in Pennsylvania, police say

Officers responded to reports of a shooting around 9:30 a.m. Neighbors said they were just getting ready to shovel the snow when they heard arguing followed by about a dozen gunshots.

“It was around 9:30 and I heard people yelling and then I heard gunshots and I looked out my window and I saw a gunman and I called 911,” a witness who only identified herself as Michelle said.

Two of the victims, one found in the middle of the street and another between two parked cars, were husband and wife, said Assistant District Attorney Samuel Sanguedolce.

Police say it started as an argument about shoveling snow – the third person is believed to have opened fire on the couple before going home and turning the gun on himself.

https://www.abc27.com/news/local/three-people-dead-in-plains-township-after-snow-shoveling-dispute-turns-violent/

On 2/1/2021 at 9:22 AM, CMJeepster said:

My locals wouldn't even bother trying to pull me over.  Worst case, I'd tell them that I was going to @Golf battery's place to help plow.

Just going to bed now to get 8 hrs sleep.  After a couple days of feeling like a crackhead.