Larain60

Video: When you absolutely must get that perfect photo...

That's simply stupid and potentially fatal. Who is running this event and why would they allow it?

I would refuse to participate. If the guy gets shot, ALL the firearms are going to get confiscated.

Even blanks can be fatal at that distance if there is any debris ejected.

As a vet and as a professional photographer, there's no way i'd do that. Too many chances for an accident. Wireless remotes cost less than $20, so why risk it?

You can actually get the camera with tripod to get more dangerous angles since it takes up less space. Purely stupid.

Just to add a little fuel to the fire (yeah, I'm bored at work), anyone that has looked into Tactical Response for training probably knows that what they focus on is "fighting with a gun", as opposed to learning to use a gun. So, what does this mean? Well, in a nutshell, "gunfights" don't happen in a square range where you have 2 walls on either side of you and where you can only move your firearm 15 degrees in either direction. I'm not sharing my opinion here, just stating the type of training TR offers isn't NRA style training.

Furthermore, if you really think about it, what firearms rules are being broken here? Their muzzles aren't pointed at the cameraman... just near him... :shock:

This clearly wasn't a SMART thing to do on the instructor/cameraman's part - but i've seen people at the "square range" do far worse when they weren't paying attention.

Anyway, I will put on my fire-retardant pajamas now - flame away :twisted:

Just to add a little fuel to the fire (yeah, I'm bored at work), anyone that has looked into Tactical Response for training probably knows that what they focus on is "fighting with a gun", as opposed to learning to use a gun. So, what does this mean? Well, in a nutshell, "gunfights" don't happen in a square range where you have 2 walls on either side of you and where you can only move your firearm 15 degrees in either direction. I'm not sharing my opinion here, just stating the type of training TR offers isn't NRA style training.

Furthermore, if you really think about it, what firearms rules are being broken here? Their muzzles aren't pointed at the cameraman... just near him... :shock:

This clearly wasn't a SMART thing to do on the instructor/cameraman's part - but i've seen people at the "square range" do far worse when they weren't paying attention.

Anyway, I will put on my fire-retardant pajamas now - flame away :twisted:

lol. you just had to. :o

Actually, no matter what training this is... I just think the camera guy is gambling with his life. One poorly placed shot.... or over squeezed trigger, and he is done.

lol. you just had to. :o

Actually, no matter what training this is... I just think the camera guy is gambling with his life. One poorly placed shot.... or over squeezed trigger, and he is done.

Like I said, I was bored at work ;) But I agree with you (and almost everyone else in this thread) - it just wasn't a smart thing to do, especially with students that are CLEARLY inexperienced.

This video has also shown up on a bunch of other firearms forums I visit (including GOTX, Tactical Response's forum) and the comments have been quite interesting LOL