silverado427

Price of gas

Over the last year I've seen the price literally jump in the same day. I finally realized they reset their sale price when the next (more expensive) load is delivered. Not when they actually sell all the gallons in the last load. I remember one morning going to a business in Newton, noting the price at the Exxon station in the center of town, and then three hours later in the afternoon seeing the price jump about .15.

Of course for them that makes sense.

Out by Hazleton this morning regular was $3.85 - $4.00. After I crossed the border back into NJ, prices seemed to have dipped a bit from last week. $3.79 for instance at a Valero.

North Plainfield Costco $3.42

FYI - if you Google your Costco store and it has gas then you select "Gas Station" from the homepage of that store and it will show their gas prices.  And not all Costcos have same prices.  Close but not same.

Flemington Costco is $3.52 this morning.  

There are a number of stations at $3.47 on Rt 23 just west of 287.   A good bit cheaper than where I live, so I always fill up going to/from Cherry Ridge.

Last Friday $4.00 for regular west of Hazleton. (Yes, I rounded it off.) Pretty much the same everywhere else out there.

BTW, check out this article. There's a gas scam running at the pumps in PA. And for those who have never left the USSNJ and had to pump their own, there's a primer on how to do it.

NJ Drivers: Don't fall for this gas pump scam (nj1015.com)

12 hours ago, 45Doll said:

BTW, check out this article. There's a gas scam running at the pumps in PA. And for those who have never left the USSNJ and had to pump their own, there's a primer on how to do it.

NJ Drivers: Don't fall for this gas pump scam (nj1015.com)

Uhhhhhh... basically have some fkn common sense.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1