Sign in to follow this  
Ray Ray

Are zombies real, or am I just crazy?

I thought I was the only one that watched zombie movies, until I met my wife. She grew up on the other side of the world, literaly, and her and her sisters watched the same crazy corny zombie movies that me and my sisters watched growing up. Now that I am on this forum and others (beretta and xd) I here alot of talk about zombie guns and needing to buy a gun just in case the zombies come. Do some of you really believe this like I do, or am I just nuts like my wife says.

3594_returnOfTheLivingDead_l1.jpg

Nanobots...

Seriously, nanobots are the future of... well, everything. They will have application in medicine, surgery, supplements, etc. Scary thing is that, in theory, they can live off your system, long after you're dead as well. They will have the ability to "shock" the brain in different waves, and can essentially control your limbs, etc. How would the nanobots spread to a new host? A bite sounds plausible...

As for zombies as we know them, yea, I think 28 Days Later scenarios are believable. Countries say they are no longer conducting bio-weapon testing... the thing about the "rage virus" is that it is based on rabies (spliced with Ebola, they didn't specify what strain), which rarely shows symptoms until down the road, and if not treated early, has no real cure (please, correct me if I'm wrong here). So, rabies on steroids, and if it attacked a certain part in the brain... well, they won't be bullying on the gun owners anymore.

We've elected one as Senator for the State of NJ.

The cash sucking ones are nearly as bad as the flesh eating brain suckers. Away with them all!!!

I have my rifle, shotgun, pistols, and my sister's saber from the Naval Academy (why use ammo when a blade needs no reloading?)

MY brother has a pistol and shotgun, and my dad has a .44 pistol, a wussy pistol, shotgun, and .44 carbine.

The only question is: do we have enough ammo? :cry:

People in the neighborhood would be running to your house for help. The same ones that said, "what the hell do you need a gun for!"

I'd tell them to go to one of those government run "safe zones"... bait the zombies away. Otherwise, it's my ass that's getting chewed up if they stay.

All this zombie talk has me wanting to buy a ton of 5.56 and shotgun ammo.

So, here's the longstanding popular question: What kind of zombies would you "prefer" when looking down your sights?

- Romero's original (slow and stupid, but tenacious), not to include the remake versions (who apparently could run and climb fences and swim)

- Resident Evil (like the above, with some "super zombies" in there)

- 28 Days/Weeks Later (rage-filled)

- Max Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z" (slow and awkward. What I would consider the most realistic depiction)

- (Add any I've neglected to bring up)

I'd want Brooks myself. Combat shock is one thing; disemboweled zombies running at full steam with teeth bared, missing an eyeball... well, needless to say that's another... but the slow and awkward would allow for far easier disengagement possibilities. Yes, I think about this too much.

People in the neighborhood would be running to your house for help. The same ones that said, "what the hell do you need a gun for!"

I'd tell them to go to one of those government run "safe zones"... bait the zombies away. Otherwise, it's my a** that's getting chewed up if they stay.

All this zombie talk has me wanting to buy a ton of 5.56 and shotgun ammo.

lol...yeah. Tell them to just run away, or maybe even put their keys between their fingers and scratch the zombies in the face like the anti-gun folks tell you to do, that will definitley work. :lol:

Its the same thing with people who bash the police all the time, but who do they call when they are in trouble???

So, here's the longstanding popular question: What kind of zombies would you "prefer" when looking down your sights?

- Romero's original (slow and stupid, but tenacious), not to include the remake versions (who apparently could run and climb fences and swim)

- Resident Evil (like the above, with some "super zombies" in there)

- 28 Days/Weeks Later (rage-filled)

- Max Brooks' "The Zombie Survival Guide" and "World War Z" (slow and awkward. What I would consider the most realistic depiction)

- (Add any I've neglected to bring up)

I'd want Brooks myself. Combat shock is one thing; disemboweled zombies running at full steam with teeth bared, missing an eyeball... well, needless to say that's another... but the slow and awkward would allow for far easier disengagement possibilities. Yes, I think about this too much.

Brooks' zombies by far. Any others, and no matter how well armed you are, you are dead. It's one thing to shoot a slow shambling one in the head... how do you get a head shot on one running at you flat out??

Brooks' zombies - slow and dumb. And killable with a 10/22.

As for if they're real or not... we, too, have two zombie Senators up here in MA. They're real.

Off-topic: Hey, Ray-ray, is J&J guns still in business in Bayonne?

I've never heard of the Brooks zombie movies. I only know:

Night of the Living Dead (black and white, 93 remake)

Return of the Living Dead I (punk rockers and naked zombie)

Return of the Living Dead II (comedian zombies)

Dawn of the Dead (mall version and remake)

Day of the Dead (In florida underground bunker)

Land of the Dead (the smart zombies and corrupt humans)

Resident Evil collection

I would rather the George A. Romero's without a doubt, easy to shoot and you could just "walk right by them".

J&J's used to be on 10th street and Broadway. Bayonne had a few gunshops but they all went under. The last one was the Army and Navy Surplus store on Ave. C and Andrew Street. How do you know being from Mass?

How about Shaun of the Dead?

I would consider Shaun of the Dead zombies (which is a top 5 favorite movie) classic Romero zombies. If the title wasn't an indication, Simon Pegg has admitted that he is a long time Romero fan, and based his concept after Romero's.

As for Max Brooks' zombies, he writes them as you would expect. Slow and awkward, but tenacious like the classic Romero zombies. They can literally freeze in place, but still be active (just have to thaw out). And the Brooks' zombies thrive in humid conditions because their skin sort of undergoes the same process as mummies-- allowing them to not degrade as quickly. Last I heard, Brad Pitt's production company won the rights to make World War Z into a film, and the script should almost be complete. If done right, it'll probably be one of the best zombie films of all time. Like all zombie stories, what makes Brooks' story telling great is how it is a reflection of modern society-- but fleshed out in the undead. If people are into comics, I would recommend The Walking Dead by Kirkman, Adlard, and Rathburn. I have never really been into comics, but one of my brother-in-laws showed me, as he is also a zombie fan... been hooked since.

Yea, as DA said, not a movie... yet... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

Definitely recommend the books. Fun reads. Brooks' third work, a graphic novel, was slated for a Spring/Summer release, but apparently it has been pushed back to an October release: http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/recordedattacks/ or http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/index2.html (warning: sites both contain sound, and it is LOUD... so, be careful for your speakers :? )