M1152

NJ LAWMAKERS ANNOUNCE PLANS TO DESTROY RIGHT TO CARRY

18 minutes ago, Lostboy said:

He's also a giant coward. If you own guns, hunt, etc but are in favor of this, you arent a friend of the second amendment. Period. 

As a matter of fact, could probably red flag him for being so delusional. 

The following link is the opinion of Judge Suddaby, District Judge for New York (Obama Appointee).  This basically what NJ is going to be up against.  Because the PTC regs are intertwined with FID, Pistol Purchase Permits and 30 day wait for pistol purchases etc, when this thing is challenged, we should be challenging all of it.  There is no historical analogue for any of it.  I think NJ Dems are making a very big tactical mistake here.

gov.uscourts.nynd.134829.27.0_1.pdf (courtlistener.com)

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Spartiati said:

The following link is the opinion of Judge Suddaby, District Judge for New York (Obama Appointee).  This basically what NJ is going to be up against.  Because the PTC regs are intertwined with FID, Pistol Purchase Permits and 30 day wait for pistol purchases etc, when this thing is challenged, we should be challenging all of it.  There is no historical analogue for any of it.  I think NJ Dems are making a very big tactical mistake here.

gov.uscourts.nynd.134829.27.0_1.pdf (courtlistener.com)

I agree with this. 

NJ requires a FOID card (which requires a background check, fingerprints, a fee, and character references, just to be able to buy a long gun. 

Additionally, P2P a handgun, which requires MORE hoops to jump through. If I remember correctly (and I might be mistaken), there was a background check to be approved for permits. Plus a fee for each one. 

PLUS a NICS check once you used the permits. 

Not to mention, one gun a month. 

I think the Bruen decision may invalidate most, if not all of this horseshit NJ requires of firearms owners, and potential owners. NJ may have inadvertently shot themselves in the foot, if it’s properly challenged. 

I say try to take a mile. Settle for less in the short run if you have to, but take as big a bite as you can. Use their own tactics against them. 

24 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

I think the Bruen decision may invalidate most, if not all of this horseshit NJ requires of firearms owners, and potential owners. NJ may have inadvertently shot themselves in the foot, if it’s properly challenged.

Hopefully, but the question is, assuming success - how long will it take?   It was what, something like 15 years between Heller and Bruen?

That depends on y’all…and how quickly, and how hard you challenge the state of NJ. I believe that Justice Thomas gave you the tools you need.

I think a positive outcome of the above referenced NY case will be a HUGE step in the right direction for NJ. 

NY should get their asses spanked in that case based upon the language in Bruen. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

This is the reason I haven't bothered to go through the process of getting a CCW, I knew it would be weeks before the Marxists running this state destroyed CCW. You can have a CCW, just can't use it ANYWHERE in the state. And no, you probably wont still be alive by the time the courts strike it down. If ever.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

10 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I agree with this. 

NJ requires a FOID card (which requires a background check, fingerprints, a fee, and character references, just to be able to buy a long gun. 

Additionally, P2P a handgun, which requires MORE hoops to jump through. If I remember correctly (and I might be mistaken), there was a background check to be approved for permits. Plus a fee for each one. 

PLUS a NICS check once you used the permits. 

Not to mention, one gun a month. 

I say try to take a mile. Settle for less in the short run if you have to, but take as big a bite as you can. Use their own tactics against them. 

that's the key though, now isn't it? it wasn't a nj case that got us here, and most of the previous nj cases seemed to fail.

1 hour ago, Jon K said:

This is the reason I haven't bothered to go through the process of getting a CCW, I knew it would be weeks before the Marxists running this state destroyed CCW. You can have a CCW, just can't use it ANYWHERE in the state. And no, you probably wont still be alive by the time the courts strike it down. If ever.

And I bet you're proud of yourself... meanwhile many of us have applied and received it, and will encourage more people to get theirs so there is strength in numbers. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, RadioGunner said:

And I bet you're proud of yourself... meanwhile many of us have applied and received it, and will encourage more people to get theirs so there is strength in numbers. 

i shot my quals, got all my refs, and then stalled due to being overloaded at work. it's slowed a bit, so i'm gonna get my photos now, and drop my app off so i can get scheduled for fingerprints.

• Like 4

I would think that after bruen that there would be no doubt that all these attacks from murphy, houchl and the legislatures would clearly be civil rights violations and require immediate action from SCOTUS.

one example is the posted "NO GUN" zones,   to me , a statement like by anyone would be absolutely no different  than if they posted a sign that read " NO BLACKS" allowed,   "NO JEWS" allowed .    how many micro seconds would it take for the SC to rule it unconstitutional.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, revenger said:

I would think that after bruen that there would be no doubt that all these attacks from murphy, houchl and the legislatures would clearly be civil rights violations and require immediate action from SCOTUS.

one example is the posted "NO GUN" zones,   to me , a statement like by anyone would be absolutely no different  than if they posted a sign that read " NO BLACKS" allowed,   "NO JEWS" allowed .    how many micro seconds would it take for the SC to rule it unconstitutional.

I agree. 

Thomas came right out and said that the 2A isn’t a second class right, that one has to ask permission from the government to exercise. 

FPID, P2P, OGAM, AWB, and mag limits…all are examples of the people having to ask the govt for permission to exercise their rights. 

I are injuneer, not lawyer, but I think Thomas gave the tools to override this bullshit in the Bruen decision. 

• Agree 1

I’d think that the Bruen decision is sufficiently clear that we could get an injunction blocking enforcement of the bill blocking right to carry, should it become law.  I think it would ultimately be overturned, but we need that injunction while the courts sort it out. 

• Agree 3

4 hours ago, Jon K said:

While I figured this was coming, someone needs to be going through the process in order to have a plaintiff with standing. Myself I opted out and wrote a check to those who do the suing. 

If you aren't applying, but would if not for this BS, you should be writing a check to FPC, ANJRPC, etc. 

1 hour ago, 10X said:

I’d think that the Bruen decision is sufficiently clear that we could get an injunction blocking enforcement of the bill blocking right to carry, should it become law.  I think it would ultimately be overturned, but we need that injunction while the courts sort it out. 

You'd think, and federal judges thought so too. But the second circuit seems to think it doesn't deserve an injunction. So.. not feeling confident the third circuit will see it differently. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I agree. 

Thomas came right out and said that the 2A isn’t a second class right, that one has to ask permission from the government to exercise. 

FPID, P2P, OGAM, AWB, and mag limits…all are examples of the people having to ask the govt for permission to exercise their rights. 

I are injuneer, not lawyer, but I think Thomas gave the tools to override this bullshit in the Bruen decision. 

But didn't Thomas also say permitting policies were still allowed? Otherwise we'd be Constitutional Carry. 

Also, from previous comments, NJ FOID card is also required to purchase handgun ammo, not just rifles/long guns. 

2 hours ago, Displaced Texan said:

I agree. 

The beauty of the opinion is it is very clear.  Can't use an interest balancing test and can't be subject to discretion period.  The state will ultimately have to show how the proposed law was either the same or analogous to another law at the time the 2nd was affirmed.  The interest balancing was done when the amendment was ratified.  It's as simple as that.  If you can't you fail.  The Federal judge in the NY case, who is Dem appointed no less, has already demonstrated how this is going to go.  While I do think he screwed up on a couple of the items i.e. places of worship for example I do believe when arguments are made in court on 10/25 the fallacy there will be pointed out.  This is not going to take years it will be swift.  

35 minutes ago, kc17 said:

But didn't Thomas also say permitting policies were still allowed? Otherwise we'd be Constitutional Carry. 

Also, from previous comments, NJ FOID card is also required to purchase handgun ammo, not just rifles/long guns. 

If I remember correctly it was Kavanaugh who said that, but I might be wrong. 

From Wiki: “Justice Kavanaugh penned a concurring opinion, joined by Chief Justice Roberts, affirming states may still implement licensing requirements such as background checks before issuing public carry permits.”

Also from Wiki:

“Thomas wrote, "The constitutional right to bear arms in public for self-defense is not 'a second-class right, subject to an entirely different body of rules than the other Bill of Rights guarantees.”

“Thomas wrote that gun control laws that identify restricted "sensitive places", such as courthouses and polling places, would still likely pass constitutional muster, though urban areas would not qualify as such sensitive places.”

Again, am not a lawyer, but I don’t think NY or NJ’s prohibition of carry in public places is gonna past muster. 

• Thanks 1

I agree the so called sensitive places as is currently being proposed will likely get shot down. I think much of it will stand, even worse I think it will take YEARS to make it through the courts. People keep pointing out how Judge Suddaby blocked the NY law, but miss out on how an appeals court overturned that decision. https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-yorks-unconstitutional-concealed-carry-law-remain-effect-pending-review-appeals-court-rules

I hope I'm wrong in regard to the amount of time we will have to wait. 

1 hour ago, kc17 said:

You can also use a carry permit to buy ammo.

40 minutes ago, Displaced Texan said:

Rome wasn’t built in a day

Burnt down in a couple of days though. Matches what politicians do to a tee.

39 minutes ago, RadioGunner said:

You can also use a carry permit to buy ammo.

Don't know that I knew that, since they have always been so few and far in-between. Can one be issued a carry permit without a FOID? The application asked for the FOID number (SBI number, I think is the official name?). I think it was worded, if you have one. So if you do not, would they issue that at the same time? Just pondering here. 

56 minutes ago, kc17 said:

Burnt down in a couple of days though. Matches what politicians do to a tee.

Don't know that I knew that, since they have always been so few and far in-between. Can one be issued a carry permit without a FOID? The application asked for the FOID number (SBI number, I think is the official name?). I think it was worded, if you have one. So if you do not, would they issue that at the same time? Just pondering here. 

We don’t have FOIDs here. You can get a carry permit without a FPIC (firearm purchaser ID card)

6 hours ago, revenger said:

and require immediate action from SCOTUS.

... but that's not how SCOTUS works. Generally there has to be an action/case brought by some party, and there are very specific circumstances whereby something can just go direct to SCOTUS (original jurisdiction).  But either way, it needs to be initiated outside SCOTUS, they will never act "on their own".

https://www.uscourts.gov/about-federal-courts/educational-resources/about-educational-outreach/activity-resources/supreme-1

The Constitution limits original jurisdiction cases to those involving disputes between the states or disputes arising among ambassadors and other high-ranking ministers