revenger

menendez indicted

Good.  Another rabidly anti-gun turd about to get the flush...or will he get re-elected AGAIN?

The full indictment:

https://int.nyt.com/data/documenttools/robert-menendez-indictment-document/e9ff4e956cb8dfc9/full.pdf

Pepperidge Farm remembers, circa December 2017:

WASHINGTON — “Throw’em into prison for five years” is what New Jersey Democratic Sen. Bob Menendez wants for any out-of-state concealed carry permit holder who enter his state with a firearm.

“People violate our law — we are a state that has decided that we are against concealed carry weapons. We have stronger gun laws. We believe we have made the states safer as that,” Menendez told The Daily Caller Thursday. “They violate our laws, then whatever is the law, and they are found guilty of it, they should pay the consequence.”

When pressed about travelers with concealed carry permits who may be detoured into his state by accident, he replied: “They know what our state’s law is. They should know what our state law is if they want to carry a concealed weapon. I don’t think that they just simply get detoured and they should think in advance when they are traveling.”

He continued, “I find it amazing that Republicans who believe in state rights all of a sudden have a problem observing the state rights of those states that think that stronger gun laws is the way to protect citizens and that’s what I have to say about it.”

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, father-of-three said:

It saddens me to say this, but it must be pretty bad if a Democrat is being indicted in 2023.

Or...

I can't help to think that indicating a Democrat or two is a way for the legal system to claim they are being fair with indicting Trump. 

4 minutes ago, CMJeepster said:

You ain't wrong!

Yup, now they need to indict him on 6 more counts!

37 minutes ago, diamondd817 said:

I know this seems like a good thing, but realize that if he loses his seat, Murphy gets to pick his replacement. If we had a R governor right now, this indictment would never have happened. Pay attention people, it's not always what it seems.

We’ll get someone whose politics we hate, sure.  But it’s highly unlikely we’ll get someone so criminal.  Menendez is one of the most blatantly corrupt thieves ever to occupy a senate seat anywhere.  He needs to be gone. He needs to serve serious time. 

At least the first of these requirements finally seems to be in reach. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, diamondd817 said:

I know this seems like a good thing, but realize that if he loses his seat, Murphy gets to pick his replacement. If we had a R governor right now, this indictment would never have happened. Pay attention people, it's not always what it seems.

Yep.

This perfect for the democrats. If Menedez resigns or is convicted Murphy gets to name someone to finish out his term, build name recognition as "Senator" and get their campaign going.

Of course, Murphy could call for special election, but only republicans like Chris Christie would do something that stupid.

Which is how we got Cory Booker in 2013 after Frank Louse-nberg croaked, (democrats had pulled a fast one allowing Louse-nberg to replace Torricelli on the ballot after Torricelli was caught on corruption charges). 

N.J. dems have a long history of corrupt Senators.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 10X said:

We’ll get someone whose politics we hate, sure.  But it’s highly unlikely we’ll get someone so criminal.  Menendez is one of the most blatantly corrupt thieves ever to occupy a senate seat anywhere.  He needs to be gone. He needs to serve serious time. 

At least the first of these requirements finally seems to be in reach. 

Never happen, he slithered out of it once, he'll slime his way out again.

This is all they do now, Seems the going theme is if you get in trouble play the race card.

His words “Rush to judge a Latino” if he was Polish, Would he be judged on that.

How about just getting judged on your actions and as a person and leaving race out of it.

28 minutes ago, Bklynracer said:

This is all they do now, Seems the going theme is if you get in trouble play the race card.

His words “Rush to judge a Latino” if he was Polish, Would he be judged on that.

That's a head-scratcher, that he is claiming this is all racial discrimination.

He's been in public office continuously since 1986...is he of the opinion that people just now realized he's Latino?

The long knives are out!

News 12 NJ just reported Gov Bucky Beaver calls for Menendez to resign. Apparently, he knows who he wants to be indebted to him for life.

Geez just last week ole Bobby sent out an email, asking for support of Latin Heritage Month.

He's supposedly going to have a press conference this monrning at 11:30.

• New Jersey Sen. Bob Menendez has hired attorney Abbe Lowell to defend him against a three-count indictment on federal bribery charges.
  • Lowell is also representing President Joe Biden’s son Hunter on his tax and firearm charges.
  • Lowell was the attorney on Menendez’s first corruption case in 2015, which ended in a mistrial.

So it sounds like Gurbir Grewal pulled some strings for a no jail time sentence. That does not surprise me. What DOES surprise me is that you can buy Menendez so cheap! A C-300 Benz? C'mon, man anything less than an S Class would be an insult!

Claimed cash was legally derived from his own salary/income and withdrawn over 30 years.  That will be easily disproven by the dates on the bills.

Most of the presser is him touting his previous "greatest legislative hits", including taking on the "gun lobby".

Halfway through he repeats his whole speech in Spanish.

Hasty exit after completing the speech, no questions taken.

5 minutes ago, DirtyDigz said:

Maybe, or maybe it will be a prosecutor under Grewal "acting on their own".  I certainly won't shed a tear if Murphy's former anti-gun hitman gets caught up in this.

I certainly won't shed a tear if Murphy's former anti-gun hitman gets caught wrapped up like a turbin.

FIFY