BadBul

Jersey City Police Chief vs the NRA

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpp/news/local_n ... f_Guns_NRA

I sure hope the NRA has a statement about what the Jersey City police chief had to say in this statement. He says that "we should stop being afraid of the NRA and start being afraid of our own rights". Is this the right to bear arms he is talking about? I bet it is.

To you Jersey City members, remember this statement the next time the election comes up for your mayor. If a new mayor is appointed then a new police chief usually follows.

I'm sure anyone waiting for a firearm ID card in Jersey City is going to wait a long, long time or until the current police chief is out of office.

"reasonably certain"

I can bet a dollar for every doughnut that douche eats in the morning, that this weapon was not purchased legally and if it was, it wasn't purchased by the guy using it.

he's throwing BS left and right, to get his 5 minutes in front of the cameras to look good. Instead he looks like an over weight slob with his dress shirt barely fitting, half buttoned, with no tie, and his hair is a mess. YES thats the kind of image I want to portray for my police dept. In fact, I think I am going to go apply for that job, because obviously it isn't hard to obtain.

things like this just make me sick

he could have been more professional about it...but it seems like he's saying; we should fear that

he would take our right to bear arms if he could..

or maybe he meant our right not to get shot at...

I don't know; is it raw emotion and anger or, maybe border line irrational behavior disorder..

I dont recon he'll be vacationing in S.C after slamming their liberal gun laws....

Exactly what I said. His reasonably certain is a line of complete BS

If its been stolen from someone who bought it, then how are the rights that the NRA are fighting for the reason these cops got shot. I love the slanted thinking of some of the people they put in power, its hysterical and makes you want to laugh and cry at the same time.

ps where is that open carry thread I gotta go post on that to see if we can get something like that going in Jersey, this state is ridic!

I'm sure anyone waiting for a firearm ID card in Jersey City is going to wait a long, long time or until the current police chief is out of office.

Actually, turn around time is quite timely. Under 5 days for me, even when applying for two or more. That's what's so odd. But I gotta submit app's for a pair of cap and ball guns I wanna get, so I'll see what the deal is very soon.

Maybe if more of the citizens that live in Jersey city had CCW permits the crime rate would not be as high and the cops would not refer to that street as smack ally. And this tragedy may not have happened. I think just having a Jersey city address should be good enough to get a CCW... or Trenton, or camden, or newark .... and the list goes on.

I'd like to send out my condolences to the 5 wounded officers and for their families. I think that this jersey city police chief using his wounded men who were wounded in the line of duty knowing damn well what could happen on the job, especially in jersey city. Taking a swing at the NRA when we are in one of the most gun controlled states is pretty stupid, how much more gun control can we get, what's next? all I can think of is trying to take our guns, and we all know that wont work out well. What this asshole should be doing is going after the jersey politicians for their lack of doing anything about these crime ridden cities in NJ.

All I can tell this misinformed chief is that he better vote for christie, heard he wants to clean up these cities and put a cop on every corner, which I agree with.

+1 about the politicians.

Politicians are cutting so many corners with budgets while spending on expensive dinners, business meetings AKA vacations, cars, limos, etc for themselves while LEO's are being laid off and hiring freezes are in effect. With the population growing and crime stats rising, why in gods name would we be laying off LEOs??? Look elsewhere, in other offices, for example, how many times have you driven past a DOT or TWP road construction job when there are 10 people standing there and one man working. THESE are the people that should be laid off first, not the effin police. What if god forbid one of these politicians family members were attacked / killed, I'd bet they would want more police then. Hopefully shouldda-wouldda-couldda doesn't come to late for them.