matt6669

Cell Phone Programmers

I just want it to be known that I absolutely despise of the people who design cell phones these days. These stupid pda style phones are the biggest piece of garbage, and yet stupid me keeps buying them. I especially hate every phone that has windows. No only does windows suck hardcore on a computer, it sucks WORSE on a phone.

Ending my rant there as I just don't want to go on anymore lol

Who else hates cell phones

When I my wife and I were upgrading our phones the salesman was trying to sell us anything and everything. You should have seen the expression on his face when I asked him if I could use it to make a phone call. It took him a few seconds to recover and said of course it's a phone. I told him that is all I wanted it for and to give me one that dials. If I want a computer I will go home and use one. he was not happy.

My son had to have an I Phone and switched from Verizon. So now he can surf the web, check traffic, email and get directions. The only thing that he can't do is make a phone call. The service on ATT sucks! He drops off four or five times on the way home every day, never happened with Verizon. In his new apartment, the phone does not get a signal when he is inside so he has to go outside to make a call and can not receive a call when he is in the apartment? What good is that? He even upgraded to the new phone last month but that one is a big piece of crap too! I love my Envi!

My son had to have an I Phone and switched from Verizon. So now he can surf the web, check traffic, email and get directions. The only thing that he can't do is make a phone call. The service on ATT sucks! He drops off four or five times on the way home every day, never happened with Verizon. In his new apartment, the phone does not get a signal when he is inside so he has to go outside to make a call and can not receive a call when he is in the apartment? What good is that? He even upgraded to the new phone last month but that one is a big piece of crap too! I love my Envi!

Rumor has it that Verizon will be offering iPhones next year.

Mal, that is what I have. We bought it because of kayaking and everything else we do outside. Last week I dropped it off the dock into 3 ft of water. I pulled it out and made a phone call. great phone.

Last year I was at the Beach club in Ocean city NJ. My sister in law was in the shallow end of the pool with my 4yo neice and we were all waiting for a call from her mother/my MIL. The phone was resting on the edge of the pool. It rang, I looked at it and said "it's your mom" and tossed it to her...intentionally so she'd just miss it. It's those little moments in life that just make it all worth it :)

I've also dropped it onto some hard floors. Once the battery popped out but that hasn't happened again. It's a pretty good phone.

I have a Sway as my primary, and an iPhone as my bat phone. I've always preferred Samsung, and if you ever go to Korea you'll understand why (it still baffles me how far behind the US is compared to the Orient countries in terms of tech). Only a handful of people know the iPhone number... for my getaways, and proves as a valid excuse as I'm not lying when I say that I do have a phone with me :D

If only I could convince myself that I don't need a slide out keyboard with the amount of txting I do and the access to my email when I need it I'd be good to go back to a normal phone.

But thats never going to happen.

Verizon sucks, their a rip off I doubt I will ever go back. Also I dislike their phones beyond the passion state. Dont' get me wrong I'm not too fond of my HTC touch pro but I've never had a good pda style phone from verizon. Also verizon's customer service is the SUCK.

I have a better plan with Sprint and I pay 40 bucks less a month that I was with verizon screw them.

I just wish someone could come out with a phone that performed as good as my LG did back in the day. That thing was GREAT.

Yea, I'm not a big fan of Verizon either-- but it does help that I still have a government discount with them. So, I can't complain too much. Their phones are quite pitiful compared to the rest of the market though-- no pros whatsoever.

I have Nextel from work and it's by far the worst service any of the carriers have to offer, oh wait, Nextel runs neck to neck with T-Mobile...

I have my cell service with Verizon and I have never dropped a call since I been with them.

My gripe with Verizon is that they are expensive in comparison to others. Further, Verizon's response to upgrading the US' infrastructure was FiOS? Emerging second and third world countries have better networking options I believe.

My gripe with Verizon is that they are expensive in comparison to others. Further, Verizon's response to upgrading the US' infrastructure was FiOS? Emerging second and third world countries have better networking options I believe.

You are 100% right that Verizon is more expensive then all the others.

But then again you get what you pay for.

I was on a t-Mobile plan and needed to use 911, guess what? Yup DEAD zone. You just don't get dead zones with Verizon.

Ouch on the 911 situation, hope that ended favorably. As for what you pay, of course. But while Verizon coverage is pretty darn good on the east coast (NJ in our case), out in the midwest its not so much. I remember one of the "Dead Zone" commercials Verizon had on TV, and they showed an unmarked map of Denver and the surrounding areas. Even in a place like Denver, there were numerous pockets of dead zones. However, I did not have any issues with AT&T. Yea, in our application Verizon works just fine, but I'm not planning on walking around NJ for the rest of my life...