matt6669

The official North Meets South Clay Bird Shoot

so as of right now I don't have phone numbers from

Dave S

Mark C

GoNra

Everyone else is a definite, I have your numbers and my spreadsheet. I'll mark you off as you come.

As of right now, I have 11 confirmed and showing guest. Whats everyone's last minute opinion on pizza pies? 3 pies or should we go 4?

Probably doesn't make sense to have Mark sign anyone in since he has to leave early. I can sign someone in if needed.

Caine, any chance of you getting there at like 10:30 - 11??? RayRay is gonna need a sign in and he's going to be there between 10:30 and 11

I'm afraid not - I have some quick errands to run in the morning and if I get those done quick I can maybe make it up there by 11:30. If anything, one of the early guys can sign in RayRay and I'll sign in Tim or his wife since they're getting there a little later than him.

Since I'm leaving for Germany in an hour, I was at the range until just a few minutes ago.

Tim(and Mrs Tm), Ray, nice to have met you.

Pete, thanks! You didn't have to. heh.

Matt, thanks for getting it set up...

Tom...thanks for letting me shoot your hand cannons.

Ken, the Taurus is great!.

Troy, just pull that Ruger apart...it's not that bad. Once you do it once it's no biggie.

Hope you guys had fun on the clays.

I'm out.

Nice to have met some members from here today. I just talked to my co-worker and he wants to get a membership at Cherry Ridge now.

TB and the misses, thanks for the info on 1911's and letting me shoot "real" guns.

Ken, hope you post some good pics from today.

Pete, nice shotty, hope you post some good video's of us on youtube.

Matt, thanks for getting the grubb, letting me use your target and throwing a nice shootout.

Tom, make sure you bring that wonderful clay shooter to Jackson and bringing those hand cannons!

Troy, thanks for the water and showing that if you take your time, you only need 1 shot per clay.

BioEd and Zach, thanks for letting me miss on 10 clays with your Bennelli.

Malsua, too bad you had to go to Germany and missed the clay shoot it, it was a blast!

Dan, love the stache and that ithica is a keeper. So is that Bersa!

Well, to all that missed, you missed a great time. I didn't think it would be that much fun and I can't wait to see my new friends at Jackson.

I'm too tired to do individual thank you's :) I will say thanks to Matt for once again doing a great job of getting everyone together and for making the pizza run, and to Tim and Tammy for taking the drive up from down south to spend a Sunday afternoon with us. It was great seeing all the people I met last time, and meeting new people as well.

Suffice to say, I had a fantastic time. Got to shoot quite a few different handguns and a few different shotguns. I believe we went thru about 1000 clays! Tom's electric thrower was the star of the show... altho RayRay's 3-5 shot strings were a close second :lol:

I'll go thru the videos tomorrow and see if there's any keepers. First time using the camera, so no promises :)

Wow, what a day.

I just got in and I'm really tired, so I'll be brief. Great day today. First of all, big thanks to Matt for putting the day together and staying with it with so many other things going on.

It was a great pleasure meeting the TBtrouts and RayRay. Thanks for adding to the fun.

And to all the regular group, another outstanding day with the Northern Coalition.

Tom, the big guns are still fun, thanks for sharing them again.

Troy, nice shootin', my friend. You handle that gun like you've had it forever.

Ed, Zach, Pete good to see you again.

Dan, glad you made it this time.

Mark, sorry you had to leave early.

And a big shoutout to the range staff at CR, as always. Thanks.

I think that's everyone. If not, I blame the Benadryl I had to pop the moment I walked in. I'll work on the photos later.

K

I'm so tired I don't even know if I'm making sentences so I'll keep it breif.

Big thanks to Tim and Tammy for making the drive up. It was fantastic to finally meet you guys, and Tim, THANKS for the pointers my shooting improved 10 fold with those couple quick tips. Almost makes me want to break out my kahr and shoot it :)

I must say though that I am spend and I am somewhat grateful to put the NJGF get together in the hands of the south for the next weekend. My brain is fried!

Side note: keep your eyes peeled for the current CR members for a pm from me. I want to try and get some guys together to see what we can do with that trailer/trap thrower thing a ma jig in the next couple weeks. If we can make it happen, it could be fun!

And now I'm going to take a 2 hour nap, so I can work through the night and still go to work tomorrow moring, BUH

too lazy to edit

Tim those different loads you brought were a kick. You'll definitely be getting your ear chewed off on load calcs when the 1911 arrives Im gonna need help. So thanks again for bringing them along.

And Tom I'm not sure if I should be thanking you or hating you for bringing those cannons. My wrist is killing me, but none the less it was a blast!!

What a great day !!! Matt, thank you for your enthusiam and energy to arrange and execute this shooting event, BRAVO!.

It was a pleasure to meet Tim, Tammy, Ray and Dan and to see everybody again. I look forward to the next event.

Tom

I had a blast today - good to see everyone again.

Matt - thanks for putting it together and getting grub

Ken - for letting me try the M&P .40 - that's going to be my second handgun.

Ray - that H&R is a ton of fun. that custom?

Tammy and I had a great time. It was nice to put faces to the names. You guys have a good crew up there, thanks for letting us be part of it today.

Matt, thanks for picking up ammo and the pies. I'll be glad to help you with any questions you have.

Tom, I now have to find Tammy an 11-87. She loved that thing. Thanks for letting us shoot it.

Tammy wants to thank all of you for letting her shoot today. She enjoyed that everyone was welcoming and friendly. It was a light fun atmosphere without any pressure or attitudes.

We look forward to shooting with you all again.

An 11-87... a Stoeger Over/Under... a CZ-75... and maybe a .357 revolver just for poops and giggles.. all on my ever expanding list of things I NEEEEEEED thanks to all you guys... these events are evil! but oh so fun

Yeah...... now I am looking at HK's and 1911's again :lol:

Even shoot that horrible piece of crap Ruger SR9 and noone liked it. Tom said it was his "first time shooting a plastic gun!" wow

Even shoot that horrible piece of crap Ruger SR9 and noone liked it. Tom said it was his "first time shooting a plastic gun!" wow

I wouldnt call it a piece of crap...... just needs a little breaking in.... and some trigger work :?

Ray, I apologize if I offended you that was not my intent. It was the first time I saw an SR9 or handled one and I was not paying attention to what it was made of. I realized I had made a mistake when I read this post I wish you had corrected me at the time. I am a big revolver fan so I'm a little rusty on semi's :oops:

I have never met as accommodating a group as gun guys, and especially the guys and gals on this forum. "Hey, here's what I bought/found/have, try THIS out..." Try that with my tools, my motorcycle, my car, etc. and you'll get your hand (or something worse) smacked ;)

Respectful, professional, holding to the rules, safe, etc. What a group.

Ray - you've got to get a membership at CR. You're too close to consider it 'far'. Also, you and I have to arrange an evening at TBH, like I've said before, I'm 3 blocks from them at work...

Everybody has some really nice stuff. Even Matt's Kahr wasn't as bad as I expected. Next time I'll have to get there earlier and shoot some of those revolvers. That's one of the next things on the have to have list.