mikeyboyeee

SO I finally got to shoot the XD

At my 1 on 1 range instruction as part of my NRA class (range portion was rained out on Sunday), I got to shoot a Springfield XD (which was the last gun I wanted to shoot before I made my final decision).

I must say, it was a very nice gun and a favorite of my instructor, but my mind keeps going back to how good Caine's M&P 9FS felt and shot for me.

So, time to move away from my G26, get me an M&P 9FS and probably a Ruger .22 to practice and plink with.

On a positive note, the instructors were very happy with my shooting last night.

Managed to get most of my .22, .38+p and 9mm on my 9" paper target, almost all grouped within a hand spread.

Have to work on that flinch, MAINLY the flinch right before the 1st trigger pull.

Lots of trigger work to do, but the M&P is def my next gun, then a .22.

I see how quickly you put the Glock up for sale. The M&P is a great choice.

Yes, would love to trade for an M&P, but chances are slim for that.

I am def getting the M&P, as soon as my new permits come in, but figure I should also get a 22 as well.

I shot ok with Glock last night.

3 Bulls-eyes at about 27-30' (with a few misses as well).

That was at the end of the session when the instructor moved the target down a few inches believing (and proving) my natural sight picture is slightly lower.

SOOO can not wait to shoot an M&P again ;)

Have to work on that flinch, MAINLY the flinch right before the 1st trigger pull.

I had this problem when I first started shooting - altho with me, it was dam near every shot. I was anticipating the shot and half the time I was closing BOTH my eyes BEFORE the shot even went off :roll:

The one thing that really helped me with this (aside from just shooting more) was shooting the .22 conversion I have for the glock. It helped remind that it's just a loud noise and a flash, and that I didn't need to over think what I was doing. I still find myself flinching from time to time, but it's getting better.

Anyway, enjoy the M&P when it comes and definitely pick up a .22 too :)

Thanks Caine.

Funny, may have an opportunity to trade the g26 for an XD tactical.

I CERTAINLY liked the XD enough to do the trade, but am also def. buying the M&P ;)

I do not think their is a 22 conversion barrel yet for the M&P or XD, but that would be very very nice.

I did like it when I shot it last night, but Caine knows what I am talking about with the M&P.

He was there when I shot it and 3 other 9's right in a row.

My accuracy was much better with it then the 92fs, Hi power or G19.

if the trade works, I will be looking forward to some trigger time with the XD for sure as that is what I shot the most last night.

Yeah, sadly, there's no .22 conversion for the M&Ps that I'm aware of. That would be awesome if there was.

Good luck with the XD - i've never actually shot one, but, I know a lot of people love them.

if it works out, next meet when I have it, you are more then welcome to try.

I love me Xds!

Me too!

But seriously, get whatever feels good in your hands. If it's a Glock, then buy it. If it's a 92FS, then go for it. As long as your buying guns, your supporting the 2nd ammendment and that's all that matters.

At my 1 on 1 range instruction as part of my NRA class (range portion was rained out on Sunday), I got to shoot a Springfield XD (which was the last gun I wanted to shoot before I made my final decision).

I must say, it was a very nice gun and a favorite of my instructor, but my mind keeps going back to how good Caine's M&P 9FS felt and shot for me.

So, time to move away from my G26, get me an M&P 9FS and probably a Ruger .22 to practice and plink with.

On a positive note, the instructors were very happy with my shooting last night.

Managed to get most of my .22, .38+p and 9mm on my 9" paper target, almost all grouped within a hand spread.

Lots of trigger work to do, but the M&P is def my next gun, then a .22.

Is the M&P9FS, the full size model? Am I correct in assuming that there are no 15 rounders available for this model? Which size backstrap were you using? I'm getting an itch for some kind of M&P model myself. I recently handled an M&P45Compact and REALLY like it. Are all the M&P's available w/ thumb safety? I would prefer this. I'm still in my 9mm Glock phase, but could foresee including M&P's in my collection.

I think FS means Full Size, but that's just a guess. I've never seen it written like that till MikeyBoyeeeeeee wrote it :) There are no currently available 15 round mags for the M&P 9. Only 10 and 17 rounders. I suppose someone could block off the 17s to 15, but, if it's been done, I've never seen or heard about it. I had once been told by someone that an S&W rep told him that S&W would be releasing 15 rounds mags for NJ, but that was months ago, and I have not seen or heard anything about it since that day.

Mikey shot my M&P which had the medium backstrap installed that day. All the full size versions are available with a thumb safety. Not sure about the compacts. I have both a Glock19 and the M&P 9. Both are great guns, and even tho I have a slight preference for the Glock, I like the M&P more and more every time I shoot it. The only downside I can find with it is the 10 round mags. I also like the Glock trigger a little better (trigger reset is a bit stronger on the G19), but I'm sure that's a personal preference thing.