matt6669

Second Weekend in Nov. Meetup

Ok boys, since the other thread isn't getting any attention I am throwing this up there.

You've got two choices.

Nov. 14th @ Cherry Ridge. All day affair, we'll do pistol, rifle, rimfire in the morning with clay birds at noon.

Nov. 14th or 15th @ Mallard for like half a day of trap shooting. Rounds are 4.50 a piece.

Vote, I'll make a decision in a couple of days.

M

67 Monroe Blvd

Monroe Township, NJ 08831

From the NJ Turnpike (North/South)

Exit 8a Exit 8a

Stay to left towards Jamesburg/Monroe after toll. This will put you on Forsgate Dr.

Stay on Forsgate until end and make a right turn on Rt.522E (Buckelew Ave)

Continue for about 2 miles. After passing first light (Schoolhouse Rd), make the first right onto Gravel Hill-Spotswood Rd (before water tower).

Continue straight. You will pass one stop sign. You will then pass the Monroe Public Works. Continue on and make the first left onto Monroe Blvd.

Once on Monroe Blvd, you will continue for about 150yds (drive slow) and make a right into the club entrance.

Just looked on CR's schedule. They have an NRA coach session on the shotgun range from 8am to 4pm on the 15th. It says its open to all range members but all cease fire's are at the discretion of the event coordinator.

So I think we would be better off doing CR on the 14th or going to mallard that sunday.

M

And thanks coldshot for posting that info!!!!

Btw, it is Trap shooting at Mallard. I spoke with the president and events coordinator there and they would love to have us there. They have 2 trap houses, and we would be using one of them. There will be some other members there, but it should not be difficult.

All is good to go, just bring shotties and ammo. The 4.50 a round includes the birds.

I will go there this weekend just to meet them personally and see how busy it gets there.

Maks if we decide on Mallard we *might* have to limit this to a certain amount of people. With only one trap field, its sorta going to be like CJRPC and people might not end up getting to shoot as much as they would like. So we might just want to keep that in the back of our heads.

at CJ we shot alot more shotguns/rifles, and the skeet took a while, etc.

At Mallard, it will be just Trap shooting, so we can easily cycle people. We will not be all tired, so will run and function smoothly.

15 to 20 people will be no issues.

Maks if we decide on Mallard we *might* have to limit this to a certain amount of people. With only one trap field, its sorta going to be like CJRPC and people might not end up getting to shoot as much as they would like. So we might just want to keep that in the back of our heads.

Maks cleared it with Dennis, cool. A round of trap is 5 guys all shooting at once.. it goes pretty fast. I wanna say like 5-7 minutes for everyone to shoot 25 rounds.

cherry ridge is 142 miles from me, mapquest puts it at 2hr 54 minutes.

My boat is at New Gretna, I am 2 miles from the range. It's 151 miles from my house to the boat. The range is 2 miles closer...that's 149...tuckerton is about 6 miles closer than that. 142 would be about right. heh.