tony357

THE RULE KEEPER/ 1911.ORG

THESE GUY'S ARE ANAL. ONE REASON I DON'T VISIT THE SITE TOO MUCH. i HAVE BEEN BANNED TWICE AND HAD TO WAIT OUT MY TIME TO POST AGAIN, ONCE WAS FOR A PM I SENT, YEP THEY READ YOUR PM'S.. NOT ONLY THAT THE MODS BASH TAURUS OVER THEIR PRETTY BAD.. I SUPPOSE BECAUSE TAURUS DOES NOT ADVERTISE ON THEIR SITE..

Dear tony315,

This is an alert for one of your messages or for one of your profile characteristics, which violated The M1911 Pistols Organization Forums Site Rules.

An alert is a friendly reminder that you have violated our Rules.

The reason you have been alerted is because:

You used the wrong forum for your threads.

(Warning Type = Wrong Forum)

For this violation, you would normally have been given : 1 point(s).

The point(s) would remain in your account for 15 days.

After that, they would be removed automatically.

If you ever reach the maximum of 10 points, you will be banned from the Forums, for 7 days.

However, the moderator decided not to warn you at this time, and only issue an alert, instead of a warning. So no points have been added in your account, this time. Next time however, you may be warned.

PLEASE READ AND RESPECT THE FORUM RULES. ALSO PLEASE READ OUR FAQ SECTION.

The post for which you are alerted can be seen here: Warned Post

The text of your post is shown below:

============ Your Post ================

Yet another accessory added to the PT1911AR.

it was an easy install, the rail accepted the mount with ease, i adjusted the dot to hit the target where my sites were set to so i expect it to be on target at the range.

:angry-screaming:

He probably posted this in the Springfield Mod forum? :o You know that Tony, always the Rebel! Some of these gun forums are super strict and will not allow any posting that offers a view contrary to the moderators views or pet vendors and some are way too laid back and allow people to flame and defame each other. Aren't we glad we found one governed by manners and reason? :clap: Oh sorry, I forgot about Matt :lol:

Sounds like the HKPRO site. Those guys lock threads the instant someone asks a related question. Bunch of dicks for no real reason. It's a flipping internet forum. Yes, there needs to be some organization but beyond that it's just anal forum nazis. I run other forums and have done so for 20 years now(since the first BBS I ran in 1990) and you always get people that are a problem. Most folks however aren't a problem. They do this moderation to fight thread drift and keep on topic. The issue is, why? It's not like people are writing a technical reference manual. After some time, most threads will never get visited again, even by spiders, so really, who cares? It's a stream of conscience thread that drifts where it must.

I actualy did have it in the taurus 1911 compilation, since i was sugesting that it fit the rail of the taurus without a problem and was more about the 1911 accepting the lazer i figured it would go their, they moved it to the optics threads..and i was being somewhat sarcastic that it fir the rail of the taurus cause they always bash taurus about not meeting 1911 specs and how inferior their mim internal parts are.

You know, if they wanted it in Optics, they should have just moved it to Optics. They did not have to be dicks and send you that admonishment! How juvenile! They just want to flex their cyber muscles and show how they can exert their will upon all the peons that post on their holy forum. :laughing-rolling:

I didn't know that the admins even could read the PMs? Doesn't PM stand for private message?

m1911.org uses Vbulletin which allows a super admin access to private messages.

This board is using Phpbb that does not allow access to PMs though the admin panel unless it's been modded.

Anyone who has access to the website databases can read whatever they want. It's not encrypted in the tables. This will typically just be the owner and if not a private server then the hosting service technicians, who really don't care if you call someone an ahole in a pm. heh.

Well, it blocked my high school web site too. About 12 years ago a spammer was bouncing emails through our IP during the Christmas vacation. I went up and pulled the plug when we realized what was happening (like 10,000,000 emails overnight) but it took us years to get off the "antispam" lists. What a pain in the arse that was!

THESE GUY'S ARE ANAL.

It's not so perfect here either. I'll let it go at that.

I know, we frown upon anyone who primarily uses this forum to unload their stuff without adding to the community. :naughty:

Mark is correct. We do not read PM's. There is no need to, and most of all, I believe in Privacy. phpbb does not allow mods or admins to read the pm's. Only if I go into the server files, would I be able to.

Only thing we ask for here is to treat others with respect with no personal attacks, and to keep the language down. We dont know who is reading the topics, and one pissed off day, they can report the site and voila, we are blacklisted.

My personal pet peeve is people who register with sole intentions of personal benefit without helping anyone else. Hence why the 25 post rule was instituted to place stuff for sale in the Marketplace forum. We could of been really restrictive and make it to contributors only, as other forums have, but we simply ask if you are going to use the forum to offload your collections, at least contribute a few posts.

From the admin standpoint, I do understand the need to implement more guidelines/rules, but what one of the mods at 1911.org did is just flexing their authority. I am sure tbtrout, 67gto, and totalabuse will agree, but if we find a forum post that is double posted, or should be in a different category, we just move it and if really necessary, send a pm.

the forum software does allow us to "warn" people, but there is no need to.

I dont think we ask for much, and unlike ar15.com, and other forums blasted with banners, and emails every day, we all have full time jobs and businesses we run. From day 1, this forum is all about bringing the firearms owners together. We are not paid, and only volunteers. What little money the forum makes, all goes towards multiple domain registrations, and server fees. If anything is left, it gets put away. What is left at the end of the year, is donated to charitable organizations and NRA.

No one is perfect. If there is something you dont like, bring it up with someone who can make a difference or change something about it. If that doesnt work, there is:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/forum.html?b=8&f=50 and

http://www.NJCSD.org

I have owned, been a mod and Admin on several sites that dealt with very taboo subjects so I understand rules and

the need to enforce them more so then most. However the point system and making members feel inferior by telling them

they broke the rules by posting in the incorrect forum but we will not hold it against you this time is completely ridiculous.

1. Board and forum maintenance is why there are mods and admins, it's their job to make sure things are where they need to be not to belittle the members. If there is a chronic repeat offender that is different.

2. A site is as only good as it's mods and members if having a difference of opinion is going to get you berated or banned whats the point?

3. Reading pm's is very low, It happened to me on a site I was a member of for over 7 years, the staff there was taking peoples names address and all sorts of other information, I only found this out when I became a staff member and then decided to close all accounts and break ties with them 48hrs later. They are no longer around because of this and some

legal actions were actually brought up against them because of the nature of the subject the site dealt with.

This all being said, I am not a member and do not wish to be.

I have seen this very topic come up on about 10 other gun relates sites, it's mostly negative.

I have owned, been a mod and Admin on several sites that dealt with very taboo subjects so I understand rules and

the need to enforce them more so then most. However the point system and making members feel inferior by telling them

they broke the rules by posting in the incorrect forum but we will not hold it against you this time is completely ridiculous.

1. Board and forum maintenance is why there are mods and admins, it's their job to make sure things are where they need to be not to belittle the members. If there is a chronic repeat offender that is different.

2. A site is as only good as it's mods and members if having a difference of opinion is going to get you berated or banned whats the point?

3. Reading pm's is very low, It happened to me on a site I was a member of for over 7 years, the staff there was taking peoples names address and all sorts of other information, I only found this out when I became a staff member and then decided to close all accounts and break ties with them 48hrs later. They are no longer around because of this and some

legal actions were actually brought up against them because of the nature of the subject the site dealt with.

This all being said, I am not a member and do not wish to be.

I have seen this very topic come up on about 10 other gun relates sites, it's mostly negative.

Yikes!

From the admin standpoint, I do understand the need to implement more guidelines/rules, but what one of the mods at 1911.org did is just flexing their authority. I am sure tbtrout, 67gto, and totalabuse will agree, but if we find a forum post that is double posted, or should be in a different category, we just move it and if really necessary, send a pm.

Man, no love for Mr. Pink. I'm a little hurt :(