autoxnyc

Any chance the FNH SCAR 16s will be available in NJ?

just thought about posting my new FNH SCAR that I picked up today

folding stock, flash hider and all! Love this rifle!

Ray Ray, may want to rethink that.... =) We have a ton of LE here... and it wouldnt surprise me if someone knocks on your door. lol.

JoeJaxx..... you are reallly not getting the point.....

Yes, if you follow the law to a T... it is legal..... however>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

NONE OF IT MATTERS IN THE EYES OF THE STATE POLICE AND AG. WITH FIREARMS, YOU ARE GUILT UNTIL YOU CAN PROVE YOU ARE INNOCENT. Then get that notirized by a notary public, on the approved list, on the 5th sunday of the year, every fith leap year, of when the 2nd saturday of the year has a full moon.

On the line of

LegalIllegal

the scar is in the grey area on the legal side of the law. Having said that, if you are to be made an example of... they will.

That is why..... while it may be legal in the name of the law..... find me one FFL that is willing to risk his license, and thus his income and business to sell you an unpinned FN SCAR assult rifle with a flash hider.

Trust me, take the advice that many experienced people will give you. They are speaking from their years of learning, and know the process. These are people who know people who make and enforce laws. They are not some newbie who walks into a gun store wanting a Glock in a 45 to shoot it one handed ghetto style.

:deadhorse:

take it this way, and I am sure my fellow mods wont mind..... you go find an FFL dumb enough to sell you an FN Scar out of the box because "it is not on the list" without at least pinning the stock, removing flash hider....., and I will send you $100 and an NJGF T-shirt with "We Told You So!" to wear to court.

Your jury is 12 citizens, who are pissed off enough to be picked for jury duty, half of which most likely think that owning any guns is illegal to begin with, to whom the prosecutor shows footage of

gmbOZPdvnwk

, and you are the next poster boy..... and while you might plead out of it.... your neighbors and friends think you are a psycopath on a short fuse, and have to declare bankruptcy because you are broke after paying the legal fees, and fired from your workplace as a result of a lawsuit unless your boss is heavily pro 2a.

This was a joke! I hope kpdpipes and pk90 and rscalzo don't come knockin on my door!

This was a joke! I hope kpdpipes and pk90 and rscalzo don't come knockin on my door!

RScalzo has been Promoted to "Mr" and lives in NH... lucky bastige.

I personally dont give a rat's ass what anyone owns....and since i dont think we even have any members where I work im not your worry. just remember one thing. I've called NJSP for a clarification on something for myself, and Cop-to-Cop I was given BAD information by the person from the Firearms Unit i dealt with. If they wont give other cops good information what makes you think they'll treat joe Citizen any better??? my Agency has called down for clarification on things, and we have never been given any kind of Definitive Answer when we ask a question regarding Laws. It was written TO BE AS CONFUSING AS POSSIBLE, precisely so they can wiggle around and increase the scope when the choose. Joe and Paul )Pk90) have a point about the "Identical" issue, Me, Personally I've always erred on the side of caution when it comes to this stuff, because i CANT afford to A: lose my career (and anyone that tells you Cops wont be charged with AWB violations is full of crap) B: Pay tens of thousands of dollars in legal fees.

YMMV, Y'all do whatever you want to, but if you get bit on the ass, i dont want to hear the crying.

Can't wait to see this one >

gun3.png

We look forward to debuting the ISSC Modern Sporting Rifle MK22 in late Spring. The gun will be available both in pre-ban and post-ban formats carrying either 10-shot or 22-shot magazines depending on jurisdiction. This is the first rifle to enter the U.S. market which combines the handling and reliability of a military-style design, while also presenting the shooter with all the elements of a modern sporting rifle platform.

Because the gun is manufactured completely with metal parts, it not only exceeds all requirements for durability, but feels like a centerfire weapon even though it is chambered in the economical 22LR cartridge. The rifle comes standard with front and rear folding sights, along with Picatinny-style rail mounts that will accomodate all lighting, aiming and gripping accessories.

I'm dragging this thread back from the depths because this has been bothering me since this thread has come out

OK so follow me on this one I hope........

The Steyr AUG is on the ban list so therefore you must follow the rules on it, see picture attached

steyr_aug.jpg

Now the MSAR is NOT on the list, but it has been deemed by our friend here JoeJaxx that it is substantially identical to a Steyr so therefore it still must follow the rules, see picture attached

000_0783.jpg

Now here we have our beloved SCAR which is being said to NOT be on the ban list. See picture attached

scar-l_all.jpg

Now last we have a regular ole AR-15, see picture attached

P-415-16-12SX-CF-223A.JPG

Now to me they are practically substantially identical except for the fact one is black and one is tan :) To me this just proves that substantially identical is an interpretation! And that interpretation is going to be left up to an AG who will do everything in his powers to prove that they are substantially identical. All he has to do is show this picture to 12 jurors and they are going to say similar :)

and to add even more confusion

This is straight from FN's website

4204a2cf6a.jpg

And here we have an AR-15 lower

ar15-lower.jpg

Boy gollie gee dammit do they look ohhh wait what is it EXACTLY IDENTICAL!!!!

The only thing that I can see in favor of the scar is the way they broke apart the gas piston system as compared to an AR. But really if you wanted to, you could take the FN buttstock and put it on an AR, add some rails to an AR and make it look exactly like a freaking SCAR.

So once again I ask, what makes a gun substantially identical to a gun on the named gun list then? Clearly the name has nothing to do with it b/c the Steyr and the MSAR don't even have the same name yet they are considered clones.

Please enlighten me

The term "substantial" means pertaining to the substance, matter, material or essence of a thing. The term "identical" means exactly the same. Hence, a firearm is substantially identical to another only if it is identical in all material, essential respects. A firearm is not substantially identical to a listed assault firearm unless it is identical except for differences which do not alter the essential nature of the firearm.

The following are examples of manufacturer changes that do not alter the essential nature of the firearm: name or designation of the firearm; the color of the firearm; the material used to make the barrel or stock of the firearm; the material used to make a pistol grip; a modification of a pistol grip. This is not an exclusive list.

So you are saying that the SCAR is "substantially identical" to the AR-15? Can you bolt on one upper to the other lower? Do they even share the same parts? Reread the above and YOU have to make the decision.

:lol: Nope. I know what the law is, BUT, I want to keep my license, job and pension. :oops: Perhaps someday someone will have the balls AND money to take a stand. At this time, it will not be me. BUT, I will never say never.

The term "substantial" means pertaining to the substance, matter, material or essence of a thing. The term "identical" means exactly the same. Hence, a firearm is substantially identical to another only if it is identical in all material, essential respects. A firearm is not substantially identical to a listed assault firearm unless it is identical except for differences which do not alter the essential nature of the firearm.

The following are examples of manufacturer changes that do not alter the essential nature of the firearm: name or designation of the firearm; the color of the firearm; the material used to make the barrel or stock of the firearm; the material used to make a pistol grip; a modification of a pistol grip. This is not an exclusive list.

So you are saying that the SCAR is "substantially identical" to the AR-15? Can you bolt on one upper to the other lower? Do they even share the same parts? Reread the above and YOU have to make the decision.

Essential: pertaining to or constituting the essence of a thing.

Essence: the basic, real, and invariable nature of a thing or its significant individual feature or features

Nature: the particular combination of qualities belonging to a person, animal, thing, or class by birth, origin, or constitution;native or inherent character: human nature.

Substantially: of ample or considerable amount, quantity, size, etc.: a substantial sum of money.

Identical: similar or alike in every way: The two cars are identical except for their license plates.

I don't know, after reading all these silly definitions I would say that they are substantially identical due to the fact that the nature of the gun, a pistol gripped gas driven semi-auto rifle is similar to an ar-15. Yes it's a different gas system and a slightly different stock but I still stick to my guns. And I'm still saying that a AG is going to say exactly what I just said. If you even read FN's website they even state they based the design off of the AR platform due to muscle memory and existing training they just upgraded it to be better.

But like I said, do what you want but you ever get into a situation where you get arrested don't think for one second that pointing out the law and going its 100% clear is going to make the police go OHH OK let me take these cuffs off go on your way.

Ya know. I digress.

Let me think about it. It all depends on my mood.

:think:

Paul, how can you find out? Is it one of those things were you do the transfer, and then BAM!!! They arrest you and take your FFL? Isn't there someone you can contact and see what they say?

Ray ray, this is the slippery slope I refered to earlier. Call gets placed. Answer, we will get back to you given. Midnight emergency gov meeting. Amendment to the ban suddenly on the table......and the addded concern of a farther reaching amendment! Conversely, do we just continue to take what our govt gives us? No risk, no reward :?

1. It's new, so it must be good.

2. It uses a gas piston (newest "must have")

3. Ambi controls (safety, mag release, charging handle)

4. Side folding stock. (debatable if that'll be acceptable in NJ)

I'm sure there's some other things too. I used to think the ACR was a much more interesting weapon till Bushmaster got a hold of it... now, I'm resigned to sticking to my direct impingement ARs.

SCAR has great features, as does the ACR, but aside from the novelty, I agree with Pete. I would love for someone to get one, and maybe get more hands-on time at a meet... but for the average consumer, even for the "preppers" is it really necessary? I guess that's why I call it a novelty more then a necessity (or sorts, which is debatable). So, I'll stick with my DI systems as well... maybe get an AK variant down the road to mix it up.

SCAR has great features, as does the ACR, but aside from the novelty, I agree with Pete. I would love for someone to get one, and maybe get more hands-on time at a meet... but for the average consumer, even for the "preppers" is it really necessary? I guess that's why I call it a novelty more then a necessity (or sorts, which is debatable). So, I'll stick with my DI systems as well... maybe get an AK variant down the road to mix it up.

if you really want a piston.... Sig 556, Rob XCR, Omega Defense? are piston based.

I handled the Scar in the summertime at a gun show... and it was nice.... but not for the price tag. lol.