bry@n

shot .40 for the first time last night

WEll, went to SS and shot some .40. Used a rented sig p226 and actually tried the dual action for the first time also.

After loading the mag, I never decocked it to try the feel of the trigger. Well I was suprised how heavy it fealt and how I was all over the target.

Wasn't a good day to say the least and it was even more noticable that I need glasses. lol Waiting for the to come in.

Also shot a xd.40 and enjoyed shooting that. It was a fun night with a lot of learning happening on my part. I really need to get better at my groupings.

I have a 226 in 40 and like it a lot. It is a big gun but is very accurate and there isn't a lot of felt recoil.

As for accuracy, don't take a rental experience as a gun problem. I have also shot the Shore Shot 226 and it could really use some TLC.

I have a 226 in 40 and like it a lot. It is a big gun but is very accurate and there isn't a lot of felt recoil.

As for accuracy, don't take a rental experience as a gun problem. I have also shot the Shore Shot 226 and it could really use some TLC.

I didn't think it was the gun, I thought it was me! :dance:

I have trouble seeing distance and I equated it to that. When the glasses come in, I'll be out of excuses :)

seriously? you people are wierd.

40's kick more than 45's. =) why not just get one of those. lol.

but I did enjoy tbtrout's xd in a 40.

Yeah, what's the facination with this caliber? It's another round that I have to stockpile for for the upcoming zombie hunt. 9s and 45s are all the semi auto calibers I need.

First handgun i owned was a Glock 23 when they first came out just because i wanted one.Recoil of the 40 didn't bother me.Years later looked at "some" guns in 9mm that were over the 15rd mag limit here in Jersey.Being limited to 10 rds of 9mm when faced with the option of higher capacity mags in 40 plus a little more power of the same style gun, thats what i chose.Also own a 15rd 45 and a few 38/357 but thats another story.

Heck name a caliber that you can't find a few supporters for. With VALID reasons too! :lol:

357 Sig? Magazine capacity of a 40, but shooting a 9mm bullet.

45 Gap? Trying to take away from the most popular American round, good luck.

seriously? you people are wierd.

40's kick more than 45's. =) why not just get one of those. lol.

but I did enjoy tbtrout's xd in a 40.

Yeah, what's the facination with this caliber? It's another round that I have to stockpile for for the upcoming zombie hunt. 9s and 45s are all the semi auto calibers I need.

Ray I've got .40 cal ammo covered... along with 9mm .22lr and 5.56. That's why we Need Matt. I'm not lugging all that crap around. :lol:

My Glock 22 kicks a lot. I bought cause it had 15 rd mags instead of 10 rds for the 9mm. In retrospect I should've gotten a Beretta 92FS like my friend told me to.

357 Sig? Magazine capacity of a 40, but shooting a 9mm bullet.

.357 Sig is considered on of the best defensive rounds there is. That is why many police departments, not to mention the SS and the FSM program, use them. Good on barricades without overpenetration. They also feed more reliably because of their bottleneck configuration. 125 gr Gold Dots are the round of choice.

I nominate the .357 Max as the most worthless handgun cartridge. Originally came into being as handgun silhouette round. Manufacturers of revolvers chambered for it found that it had a marked propensity to flame-cut the top strap, pretty much relegating their use to single shots like the T/C Contender. I have a Contender barrel in .357 Max and it is the most brutally recoiling handgun cartridge I've ever shot - and I used to shoot .30 Herrett in the Contender and .308 Win full-length in an XP100. I got it for its ease of reloadability - straight-walled case means carbide dies. Just a footnote in the history of handgun cartridges now.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

32 H&R Magnum. Since the new 327 Federal Magnum has arrived, it has made that caliber useless.

You keep trying! The .32 H&R as well as the older .32 S&W Long are both great "under cartridges" for the .327 Fed Mag. Just like we use the .38 spl for practice or plinking in the .357 mag, these two calibers can be used in the .327 Fed Mag. Good choice if someone is acclimating to the gun also - doesn't have to deal with the recoil on top of learning how the gun functions.

Try again. :mrgreen:

Adios,

Pizza Bob

10mm Auto? Unless your hunting in Africa what good is this caliber. Heavy recoil from a Glock or a Bren 1911. Maybe in a revolver but then you need moon clips. Justify this one Pizza man!

btw, Dominoes sucks!

17HM2? Because a 17 caliber bullet out of a 22 magnum case (17HMR) wasn't fast enough!

41 Magnum? Recoil of a 44 Mag, but acts like a 357 mag.

22long? I understand 22 shorts cause they are quiet, and 22long rifle cause it is the perfect varmint round, but lets make a round inbetween?

A .40 cal pistol was the first pistol I personally owned. I have the Sig P229 in .40, first pistol I bought in Jersey. I love the caliber. For me, no noticable difference between the .40 and .45. Maybe I'm just a little limp-wristed sometimes. :lol:

OK, OK, one at a time....stop piling on.

10 mm - Has kind of a cult following. How about a S&W 610 or the new Nightguard 310 - shoots .40 S&W AND 10 mm - pretty versatile. And whats wrong with moon clips? Faster than a speedloader. If these weren't desirable why is S&W now building rimmed-cartridge handguns to accommodate moon clips?

.17HM2 - Great little round. Has the accuracy of its big brother (.17 HMR) with less noise, and most importantly, less expense. I buy .17 HM2 for $3.99/box of 50 on sale / 5.99/box of 50 regularly. .17 HMR runs $11.99 - $13.99 for the same amount. You may as well ask, "Why do we need the .22 LR when we have the .22 WMR?" Same applies here.

.41 Magnum - a great caliber, but largely misunderstood. This was introduced as the ideal police caliber. More than a .357, but not as much as a .44 Mag. As originally loaded there was a police round that was loaded to less than magnum velocities. The PD's that chose to try the .41 largely ignored the police loading and went for full-house magnums and then complained that it was too intense - much the same way the FBI did when the 10 mm first came out. Someone at the cartridge manufacturers was asleep at the switch, because what should have been done was to introduce a .41 Special. Shorten the magnum case by .1" and load it down slightly. Think this caliber is fading? Go price a S&W 57 or 58 (if you can find one) and then come back and tell me about it.

All right, finally found something we can agree on: .22 Long....oh, we can agree on Dominoes too, although to be fair, I haven't tried it since they've had their epiphany. Best pizza in New Jersey is Delorenzo's Tomatoe Pies on Hudson St in Trenton.

That is all.

Adios,

Pizza Bob