vozella

Ammoman, South Jersey

Yup, it is still cheaper to have him ship it to PA. lol

If you go pick it up in person, he is not cutting you any discounts. Argues that if you pay by CC, charge you another 3 %, otherwise, pay tax.

In this case, i was looking at 308 gold medal match.... but now I just reload.

He is kind of a jerk, he used to advertise on his site better discounts in person.

So I e-mail him to ask him when is good to go down there and buy in bulk he tells me do not bother.

between tax and cc payments it's not worth my time? Since things have been coming back down his

prices are no longer that great, aim, ammotogo and a few others offer better prices and do not charge

you more for using your cc.

I use him all the time as he is only 20 min away.

Use cash and call ahead to pick up. He is a jerk.... but most people are in NJ i have found.

If I lived closer I would consider it but he is like 70 or 80 min away from me, not worth the ride to get attitude.

He is a jerk.... but most people are in NJ i have found.

That's because they moved here form NY.... :D

But seriously I have noticed a huge decline in manners and language used by people in public

the last 3 years and it's not teenagers or young people it's people in the 30-50 range, it really

upsets me when I am out with my 2 year old and people are screaming and carrying on like shaved ape's

in public places.

NJ is a magnet for the worst lot. At least in NYC they ignore you, here you get attitude and horrendous manners.

I am working in Marshall, MN on a project and I feel like I am on another planet! Kinda relaxing, and clean air to boot ...

NJ is a magnet for the worst lot. At least in NYC they ignore you, here you get attitude and horrendous manners.

I am working in Marshall, MN on a project and I feel like I am on another planet! Kinda relaxing, and clean air to boot ...

Not exactly comparing apples to apples !!! LOL !!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marshall,_Minnesota

Customer service has always been a big indicator of a vendor for me. With several other pleasant to deal with folks in the NJ area, I'd much rather go take my $$ there than to deal with someone that will give me an attitude when I want to buy from them. I never understood why store owners would *ever* strive to give their customer a less than stellar experience - they are your life support! I have noticed this on more than one occasion in gun shops (here and out of state) - could be the owners are compensating for their lack of "firepower". ;)

I receive product up date emails from ammoman.com but tonight Eric sent out a personal email to ask anyone with questions to reply. I replied about the treatment to New Jersey residents and invited him to check out the forum and become a vendor. I don't think he understood what my email was about and he just responded that he can not do mail orders in the State of NJ and to hate the State not them. What I really wanted was for them to give pricing and the ability to hold ammo for pick up within a time frame so that no one drives there only to find out the ammo is no longer in stock. Unfortunately that issue was not resolved.

As far as I know, there is no law preventing mail order sales of ammo.

correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt anyone selling ammo to NJ people would have to have FID's and such?

so maybe he just doesnt want to deal with collecting those, esp since he is making bank on selling to out of state folks.

As far as I know, there is no law preventing mail order sales of ammo.

correct me if i am wrong, but doesnt anyone selling ammo to NJ people would have to have FID's and such?

so maybe he just doesnt want to deal with collecting those, esp since he is making bank on selling to out of state folks.

Ammoman has photocopied my information. Haven't been there in about two years. I have found that the NJ "discount" is arbitrary ($20 off some cases, $10 off others) and makes it not worth the time spent traveling after you factor in sales tax.

MidwayUSA will ship ammo to NJ if they have one of the four documents on file

Please be aware that if we have one of the four following documents:

FFL

Firearms purchaser ID card

Permit to purchase a handgun

Permit to carry a handgun

We may sell and ship handgun ammunition to our customers in New Jersey.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your business!

Sincerely,

Brian

Customer Service

MidwayUSA

I have had a few on-line stores ask for a copy of my DL

I would be a bit cautious about sending copies of my driver's license to anyone. If I did, I would block out the DL number which is not needed for a proof of age or residency by the dealer.

I've placed several orders from Natchez's and never had to provide anything, shipped UPS direct to my house.. .22lr's, .45 ACP and 9mm..

Very strange that they required nothing whatsoever for handgun ammo. Rifle I can see, but handgun almost always requires something when shipping to NJ.

I live 10 minutes from ammoman, but I buy most of my ammo at ammunitiontogo and have for the past 7 years. I have no time for anyone who believes customers somehow owe him.

Although I should mention that my next .40 cal ammo purchase will be from PK90 this week. Try to stay local if I can.

I've placed several orders from Natchez's and never had to provide anything, shipped UPS direct to my house.. .22lr's, .45 ACP and 9mm..

Very strange that they required nothing whatsoever for handgun ammo. Rifle I can see, but handgun almost always requires something when shipping to NJ.

I live 10 minutes from ammoman, but I buy most of my ammo at ammunitiontogo and have for the past 7 years. I have no time for anyone who believes customers somehow owe him.

Although I should mention that my next .40 cal ammo purchase will be from PK90 this week. Try to stay local if I can.

Just got some 9mm from Cabelas, again, nothing requested, nothing sent in, few days later, a case of 9mm.. ordered some .45 acp from Aimsurplus.com, they needed DL, and copy of FID in order to process the order..

won some .45 acp on gunbroker.com, seller (a PA FFL) is sending ups to my house, no doc's required..

Just got some 9mm from Cabelas, again, nothing requested, nothing sent in, few days later, a case of 9mm.. ordered some .45 acp from Aimsurplus.com, they needed DL, and copy of FID in order to process the order..

won some .45 acp on gunbroker.com, seller (a PA FFL) is sending ups to my house, no doc's required..

Well either I am buying from all the uptight folks or things are easing up a bit.

Have to say that just having bought a new .40 I am shopping ammo more than I used to the past few years. Just bought some TAP on gunbroker for it and needed a very clear copy of my DL that I ended up just photographing and emailing. That was very recently, but I did it many times before that as well.

Other than that, I am plenty stocked on 5.56, which is what I shoot most of the time. But I bought a ton from 2002-2006 over the internet when my career at the time (land development) was booming.

Though I really need to get up to Ft. Dix more, no doubt about it.

Having never bought ammo on line before, I expected the worst but I bit the bullet (pun intened) and bought a 1,000 rounds of 9mm from Cabela's. I wound calling them, as I never ordered before and spoke to a very nice gentleman who verified I was over 21, and not prohibited from purchasing same. Couldn't have been easier. It arrived a few days later. MUCH better than going to ......dare I say RAMSEY, where you are guilty of something, (I still don't know what) until proven innocent.