RamJetGMC

green guy on range !!!!! ;)

hello a complete new guy looking to get on to shooting safely and where i can go to do that.

this is the first place i found that i wanted to sign in for you have a nice place hear and i hope to learn and be a good contributer in the times to come :dance:

i also like 4x4 trucks see my sig :shifty:

hello a complete new guy looking to get on to shooting safely and where i can go to do that.

this is the first place i found that i wanted to sign in for you have a nice place hear and i hope to learn and be a good contributer in the times to come :dance:

i also like 4x4 trucks see my sig :shifty:

Hi and welcome!

Your best bet is likely an NRA course or a hunter safety course.

Try http://www.nrainstructors.org/searchcourse.aspx or http://www.hunterexam.com/usa/newjersey/. Local ranges may have training as well; almost certain that the Bullet Hole in Belleville does (not sure where you are located).

Alternatively, you can show up to one of the weekly/monthly meetings. Up in the Northern part of the state, we typically go to Cherry Ridge or the Bullet Hole, down South it's Brick Armory. Someone's always willing to help out with questions & such and pretty much everyone will let you shoot their guns.

what's up ram, welcome to the forum. Are you in jersey and do you goto Wharton?

ho you wharton to go wheelen ? NO WAY NJ SUCKS anything to do for the 4x4 sport NJ likes to kill so i go to pa or va

i am from milltown nj 08850 and as jersy talk goes that is njtp exit 9 ---- that works out well for me right in the middle of the state and i drive a lot :mrgreen:

welcome to the forum. =) glad you found us, especially in the begining of your firearms hobby.

there are many people here in central jersey, especially around the milltown, old bridge, monroe area. We usually get together on tuesdays at BA, or wed's at Ft dix for some outdoor fun.

keep a look out in the events and meetup section, as between all of us, on nearly every day, someone is going shooting somewhere. If you want to go with anyone, just post in there if anyone is going, and if they are willing to meet up with you.

well i went to the Shore Shot Pistol Range Monday night and found out a lot of stuff meet some very good people who started my on saftey and handling gun types (thinking glock 17 for a starter gun ) and the club let me watch ther shoot

to the guys ther thanks :D

WELL JUST DROPPED OFF MY STS-33 AND MY SP-66 AND WAS TOLD THE SARGENT WILL LOOK IT OVER TODAY AND WAS HANDED A FINGER PRINT FORM TO MAKE A APPOINTMENT

SO I GUSS THINGS ARE MOVING ON PS I WENT FOR 2 GUNS

sorry i we use only caps at work SORRY ;)

edit

I just set up my finger print stuff apr 10th -- i hate to but got to hold on thill then?

welcome to the forum and to shooting from Brick. Yes, the new electronic fingerprinting requires an appt. so you will have to wait and then submit after you get it. hearing that the process is shorter though now that fingerprinting is electronic. hopefully 4-6 weeks. you can purchase your gun and shoreshot will hold it for you and you can visit it as much as you like until you get your FID and permits. :)

yes it is a bit of a PITA but i think this is a sign to start with the other stuff like head gear glasses and a bag to but it in. this was i can spreed the $pain$ $$$ :mrgreen:

i think i am going to rent and try some models out but i am liking the glock g4 17 a bit

i shot the glock 21? i think ? a .45 round at a friends house in pa like 10 shots not much

ps a .45 has a good kick even for a 325lb guy like me :lol:

there are so many to see :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

UPDATE

well and up date on me bought the glock 17 g4 -- that is the 9mm full size LOVE IT :mrgreen:

but i do think a 45 cal might be my x-mas gift this year :whistle:

well the finger printing is dun and i got a range bag ( Uncle Mikes UM-5249-1 ) act headset mag loader and safty glass

i am such a dork walking in with my bag and not even with a gun :lol: but at 39 years i am past the point of caring what other may think :shifty: so getting old hold some advantages

well i did go shooting on sat :mrgreen: i can see the gun was the cheep part it is the ammo that is going to cost