kenw

May Third Sunday CR meetup - 5/16 - Not Mother's Day

What time are you meeting? I'm going to guest Ray in and we'll probably be there 9:00 to 9:30.

Rick, can you be my new daddy?

what happened? Did Matt turn you down?

He's like 19, your like 60-something! Hi daddy!!!!

Yes I woke up at 230 today. This week was uber rough with finals, I said screw work today

Americas future :roll:

I believe the children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way. (ok, I just vomited a little in the back of my mouth)

Had a great time!

Thanks to Ken, Tim, Troy, Mike, Ray Ray, Rick, Pete, Dan and Danielle and Matt. Frank needs to shoot next time.

My neck got sun burnt and I can only think it was for the 45 minutes at the Rimfire range. Sheesh.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

Another terrific day with the group. Thanks to everyone for a fun and full day at the range. Tim, Ray, it was good to see you guys again. You gotta come up north more often.

Sorry I missed the Clays..... Had a great time on the plinker range.....

By the way...... only 6 people including me showed for the GTO meeting..... freakin club is becoming so lame...

Tim..... thanks for the words of encouragement.... Matt..... you better keep an eye on that 686, I so want that gun....

By the way...... only 6 people including me showed for the GTO meeting..... freakin club is becoming so lame...

Tim..... thanks for the words of encouragement.... Matt..... you better keep an eye on that 686, I so want that gun....

We set the machines to either side, aimed in and did Skeet...wow is that hard to get used to. We definitely need to try that again...we just had to wait for the range to clear out.

Nice stopping up and seeing you desparados.

Next time I'll shoot if you promise not to laugh. :D

I will coin you guys "Team Young Guns"

Not you Ken...

BTW I have guns that I bought brand new that are older than you guys. And they're in better shape... How's that Ken?

Okay, now that I've eaten and relaxed, I can elucidate.

Today was awesome. We met early, got started early, and went almost nonstop until about 4:30.

The handgun range was crowded, but we all managed to get spots close together. A couple of hours of punching paper, sharing guns (Matt's Smith is nice) and a good time, and off to the silo range for some rimfire love. A little while on there, shooting like mad (I put nearly 300 rounds through my single shot rifle), and then to the shotgun range.

We went through something like 7 boxes of birds, ate pizza, shot the shlt, tried out other people's guns (that single shot .410 was nice), abused Matt and Ray, and had a generally good time. Once the non-NJGF yahoos cleared out, we split the throwers to each side of the range and tried shooting passing doubles. That was big fun and friggin' tough. Need to practice that some more if I'm gonna even think about trying skeet.

Off to the rifle range for the a while as the day's final exercise. Out came the Mosins, which don't really turn me on, but I had a blast with Tim's Garand, which shoots a lot softer than I would have thought, and a little time with an AR, which I like, but the pinned stock was about 3 inches too short for may arms.

As always, the ROs at CR were great, although the guy on the handgun range was a bit strident. No problem, and not gonna let it reflect poorly on an otherwise perfect meetup.

Thanks to all who made it fun.

WOW, that is all I can say! What a awesome day. Perfect weather, great people, awesome guns, and a great time. Loved the silo range (1st time there), talk about a blast!! Clay range was fun as always (Ken we have a lot more practicing to do before we try that at Sparta). Got to try so many new rifles at the 100 yard range. Tim that garand is wicked, and Ray, keep an eye on that southpaw AR, I might just make it disappear from your possesion ;) . I tallied my ammo when I got home and put a little over 1000 rounds downrange today :shock: Freakin AWESOME!!!!

Great to see you all again, and Pete, Tim, and Rick, great to finally meet you guys. You both need to make the trek out to the boonies more often. And I finally got to meet Frank! Thanks to everyone again for all the new toys I shot and needless to say, can't wait till next month.

Guys I had a great time as well. Thanks for letting me hang and sharing your pistols. I look forward to the next time. As always it is nice to put a face to the name and was a pleasure meeting Mike and Rick.

Adjusting the throwers was definately a humbling experience. I need to practice a little more.

I will work on getting a day to shoot at Dix for you guys. We can have a watermelon invasion.

The GTO show was Right down the road from my house !! But I had to work today so I missed everything :violin:

Great time yesterday guys, and thanks for the members who ran this event for the pizza!

I learned a few things that day.

1. Old School is really, really old! And likes to talk.

2. Matt might need to go to a beginners shooting class for handguns.

3. Pete IS the AR dude!

4. Tim has some sweeeeeeeet guns!

5. Ken has some crazy shotuns!

6. XD's are a jam-o-matic

7. I don't like 40S&W, sorry Rick

Great time yesterday guys, and thanks for the members who ran this event for the pizza!

1. Old School is really, really old! And likes to talk. Old School will wrestle you to the ground and spank you like a little girl!

3. Pete IS the AR dude!

6. XD's are a jam-o-matic

1. Old School is really, really old! And likes to talk. Old School will wrestle you to the ground and spank you like a little girl!

3. Pete IS the AR dude!

6. XD's are a jam-o-matic When you limp wrist them like a little girl...

:D

3. Pete IS the AR dude!

6. XD's are a jam-o-matic When you limp wrist them like a little girl...Come over to the dark side Ray - sell the XD. Buy a Glock

:D