jermz1987

Brick Armory 4-20-2010

When i 1st saw your screen name i figured you either owm one or had something to do with dealership..

Infidel's? No I don't own them or an Infidel dealership. I might be interested in the dealership idea though....

When i 1st saw your screen name i figured you either owm one or had something to do with dealership..

Infidel's? No I don't own them or an Infidel dealership. I might be interested in the dealership idea though....

actualy i was refering to regulator72 for some reason it did not quote..

All I know is that if I hear something drop, I am gonna jump in the air...then again, it will be all over if I hear anything anyway.

Holy crap, I just read the article in today's APP. So much for making your firearm "safe" when you leave it on the bench? I totally missed this somehow. What kind of "High Power" rifle was it anyway?

All I know is that if I hear something drop, I am gonna jump in the air...then again, it will be all over if I hear anything anyway.

Holy crap, I just read the article in today's APP. So much for making your firearm "safe" when you leave it on the bench? I totally missed this somehow. What kind of "High Power" rifle was it anyway?

500 Nitro Express.

Is it just me or does there seem to be a need for more range presence from the BA staff. It's getting to the point where I'll only go on NJGF meetups there. I have been there many times when no one is checking on safe procedures.

I Agree. Shore Shot always has a range officer watching, but they need it more as they tend to get a lot of the local riffraff coming in to rent a Glock and shoot holding it sideways. I haven't seen those kind of knuckleheads at BA. That said, it doesn't take a gangsta or wannabe to handle a firearm in an unsafe manner.

Wow. They seem to be having more than their share of foul luck lately. I've never been there, so I don't know what their system is, but it may be time for a bit more oversight or a review of the range procedures.

there was an RSO there, much like there was one when the suicide happened. wouldnt of changed anything.

I whole heartedly disagree Maks. I'm not saying it wouldn't of happen but I've been at bullethole and seen people rest a gun in an unsafe manner and that guy there is ALWAYS right on top of the person. He will not let you leave a gun unattended if it's resting on the bench especially a rifle none the less.

I've been to BA twice now and doubt I will ever go back. Both times I've gone there the RSO's have done NOTHING. The first time I went there the guy was wearing his ipod and just shuffling around every once in a while he would sweep some brass but never once looked at people. Second time I went there, there wasn't even an RSO in the freaking room. 10 minutes into shooting someone finally walked in to start looking around and then he disappeared again.

M

there was an RSO there, much like there was one when the suicide happened. wouldnt of changed anything.

I whole heartedly disagree Maks. I'm not saying it wouldn't of happen but I've been at bullethole and seen people rest a gun in an unsafe manner and that guy there is ALWAYS right on top of the person. He will not let you leave a gun unattended if it's resting on the bench especially a rifle none the less.

I've been to BA twice now and doubt I will ever go back. Both times I've gone there the RSO's have done NOTHING. The first time I went there the guy was wearing his ipod and just shuffling around every once in a while he would sweep some brass but never once looked at people. Second time I went there, there wasn't even an RSO in the freaking room. 10 minutes into shooting someone finally walked in to start looking around and then he disappeared again.

M

I agree. I go there every other week or so and barely ever see an RSO. In an hour and a half visit one may pop in for a few minutes but very rarely are they actively engaging in anything other than sweeping brass. I've seen people load at the bench, turn around with a live round in the chamber and so on. Definitely needs more of a staff presence back there...

the gun was not left unattended. it literally was something that occurred within a few seconds. the guy was there with the gun when it dropped.

trust me, no RSO, or 50 of them could of stop it.

the guy was stupid and thought he could balance a rifle on the front rest.

btw, totally agree with you on ipod guy, and he is no longer there. On tuesday, there was one there the whole time. If you feel unsafe, come shoot with the forum, we are usually the only ones there.

btw, totally agree with you on ipod guy, and he is no longer there. On tuesday, there was one there the whole time.

I agree. That guy on Tuesday was on top of everything (but without being in everyone's way). He was good.

The RSO's at BH enforce the rules very well :-/ I have been yelled at for rapid fire, and moving a shotgun not in it's case before (awkward because of the small space). I belong to a private range now, but I can see how they need to stay on top of everyone in such a crowded area, plus with all the local rif-raf that comes through the door.

While this does sounds like an unavoidable accident, and it happened in the shooting port.

However, I do believe allowing people to uncase their arms at the rear table and then walk around with them uncased while out of the shooting port is a recipe for disaster. Admittedly, the forum shooters are some of safest shooters around, but guilty of this all the time. I know at SS and many other indoor ranges, if you step out of the port with an uncased gun, you are asked to pack up and leave!

OK... Admittedly I haven't been to a meet up in a while so I am glad to hear that the RSO presence is getting better. I have only been shooting for a little over a year and as a noob I think it would be helpful for some signage or written rules/ common sense guidelines to be posted very conspicuously along the rear benches.

And I already stated that I may only go during NJGF meet ups to feel safer. We usually dominate the lanes. And feel free to correct me anytime you see something that I am doing is not right.