RecessedFilter

New member from Central Jersey

I started posting before I made this thread, but I thought Id still say hello to everyone.

I can tell its somewhat of a 'family' around here, lots of ppl shoot with each other or know each other. Thats cool though, I like that. Im not expecting to be meeting with people to shoot by tomorrow, but I definitely enjoy gun forums and like talking about anything having to do with guns...and the fact that its a state gun forum makes it that much better.

Found out about this site through a friend. I frequent other gun forums but never knew there was a NJ gun forum.

Ive been shooting for about 5 years now. I have quite an array of guns in my collection. Im a member at 2 different ranges, one in Pennsy and BA in Jersey. Im sure most of you have seen me at BA before, Im there frequently or as much as I can be as its a 90min drive down there, but dont expect me to post a mugshot of myself on here yet :lol:

I look forward to hanging out on here!

Welcome! I'm confused (a constant state of being as I grow older), but the subject line says "Central Jersey" and your profile says "North Jersey". I know there is always some confusion as to where one leaves-off and the other starts, but I just wondered if you could pin it down a little better? I'm in what I consider "Central Jersey" at about 7 miles north of Trenton proper, along the Delaware. Just curious. What PA club do you belong to? Again, welcome to the board.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Welcome! I'm confused (a constant state of being as I grow older), but the subject line says "Central Jersey" and your profile says "North Jersey". I know there is always some confusion as to where one leaves-off and the other starts, but I just wondered if you could pin it down a little better?

That confused me too.

Haha thats funny about the central jersey/north jersey confusion. Its funny because everyone always has a different opinion.

Some people think New Brunswick is central, yet some people will say its north. Some people think Trenton is central, I think central is south.

Im from what I consider central. My bad about the 'location' thing, Im gonna change it now.

Im a member at EFGA in PA by the way.

And thanks for the welcomes!

I consider myself central as well. I'm literally in the middle of the state (Greater Princeton area). An hour from NYC and Philly, as well as the "mountains" and shore. Trenton is definitely a bit south-central, though I would consider New Brunswick a bit north-central ;) .

Regardless, welcome.

Welcome!

Since this thread has already wandered, I'm putting in my .02. :)

According to my TomTom map Montague NJ is about as far north as possible in NJ. Cape May Point as far south you can go in NJ. Montague to Trenton is 106 miles and Trenton to Cape May Point is 116 miles. So if the state was divided in thirds, North, Central and South. Trenton is definitely central. If only divided north and south, Trenton would be in North Jersey.

I know the mileages are road miles and not as the crow flies, but good enough for me. I am tired of people telling me I live in south Jersey I don't, I live in central Jersey! :lol:

PS. If i was from the "Princeton Area" I wouldn't brag about it. :)