lunker

My new acquisition - name it

This is a hard to find Beretta that I just bought from someone on the Beretta forum. I am looking forward to getting her and taking her out Tuesday or Wednesday.

I will play the Pizza Bob game and let someone tell me what model it is and what is different about it.

Ray Ray - I broke down. Here's a non-blued gun that I actually really like.

Beretta 92 Steel I

Frame mounted safety. Single action only, or does yours have DA/SA? What was that... 1000-1200?

$1100. They are going for $1300-$1600 these days in pristine condition, when you can find them. GunBroker hasn't had any in more than a month. I got mine off the Beretta forums. It is single action only. The gun has a steel frame instead of aluminum. It is a tank.

Chris:

Very nice piece. I'd have responded during the guessing-game part of the thread (and I'm flattered that I may have invented a new game for the forum), but I know zilch about Berrettas. I do, however, have an all-steel 9mm (Sig 226ST) and I can tell you that they soak-up the recoil, which makes shooting them all the more enjoyable.

A couple words for those that covet lunker's firearm aquisitions - stick around, they'll be for sale in a month or so :mrgreen:

Sorry I couldn't join you at Dix this AM - but 8 AM is a tad early (like you, I'd be leaving the house at 6:30 AM) and SWMBO told me we had other plans - which as you can see by the time of this post, have yet to be realized. Hope you are having fun.

Along that line, in my PM to you I asked about "theme". Thinking that may be a fun way to go for group shoots. Like this is "lever-action day". Or this is "WWI & II milsurp day", etc, etc. Maybe use some fun targets and have informal matches. Don't look my way....I'm a concept guy, not an organizer, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Beretta 92 Steel I

Frame mounted safety. Single action only, or does yours have DA/SA? What was that... 1000-1200?

Sirsloop, you are good dude! I thought it was a 40, too.

Chris:

Along that line, in my PM to you I asked about "theme". Thinking that may be a fun way to go for group shoots. Like this is "lever-action day". Or this is "WWI & II milsurp day", etc, etc. Maybe use some fun targets and have informal matches. Don't look my way....I'm a concept guy, not an organizer, but just thought I'd throw it out there. Sorry for the thread hijack.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Bob,

The theme today was "Sweat like a bastard". I played the part like a prodigy.

I brought out my Springfield 1903 A3, Savage PC-10 and Remmy XR-100. I guess the alternate theme was "bolt action day". Sirsloop and I were blowing up fruit and water bottles at 150 yards.

:)

That looks like a model 96fs? 40 cal?

Not a 96FS. And it's 9mm.

You know I'm a 10mm guy and would never buy another gun in

40 Short & Weak. :)

Please if you are going to insult a round use the proper phrase

"40 Short and Wimpy"

:D

That looks like a model 96fs? 40 cal?

Not a 96FS. And it's 9mm.

You know I'm a 10mm guy and would never buy another gun in

40 Short & Weak. :)