Sign in to follow this  
EvolutionX

Hello from Union, NJ

Hello folks.

Been lurking the forums for a couple days now and finally decided to register. Seem like a great place for information and a lot of friendly people.

Have always had a small interest in firearms ever since my brother-in-law(officer) took me to the ranger when I was a teen and had me unload several mags on his Glock. Awesome experience.

Last month went to Vegas for the 4th of July weekend and me and a couple of buddies stopped by http://www.thegunstorelasvegas.com/ and had some fun with an M16A4 & a Barretta 92F.

That made me consider picking it up as a hobby.

I am currently in the process of getting my permit. Have done fingerprints at local PD and have an appointment at Morphotrak this week for a second set of fingerprints. Hopefully everything will run smoothly with the entire process since I have a clean record and was born here in the U.S(I hear that will make a difference in processing times).

I've been doing alot of research on choosing my first firearm and have narrowed it down to the Sig Sauer P226R in 9MM.

My other choices were the Glock 17(which I eventually hope to own), & the H&K USP.

Wasn't crazy about the HK's proprietary accessory rail. And, call me crazy, but the only downside I see in the Glock is that EVERYYYYONE has one lol. Was eating the other day and had 5-6 officers in the next table and they ALL had Glocks.

I couldn't find anything I didn't like on the P226R. I like how Sig has a model variant for everyone's needs, but I think I will go for the base model and put some grooved Hogue grips on it.

Anyway, does anyone here have any tips or suggestions for me?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum. One warning - if you opt for the Sig, they are like potato chips.

Should I assume that you drive an Evo X? Awesome vehicle. I had an Evo VIII back in 2003.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Welcome to the forum. One warning - if you opt for the Sig, they are like potato chips.

Should I assume that you drive an Evo X? Awesome vehicle. I had an Evo VIII back in 2003.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Really, really expensive potato chips :mrgreen:

Welcome, EvolutionX !

Can't go wrong with a Sig or CZ, unless your a southpaw. Any of the top gunmakers would be a solid choice, especially in 9mm. XD, M&P, Beretta, FN, and Taurus all make good firearms.

Have fun.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Indeed. You could say I'm a sucker for them. My babies...

My '10 Evolution X GSR:

DSCF5511.jpg

DSCF5512.jpg

DSCF5547.jpg

My '06 Evolution IX MR Edition:

66983044.5kYMzm7J.DSCF3089.jpg

dscf3653wn9.jpg