joejaxx

Computer Gamers

Do we have any computer gamers on here? If so what games do you play :p If we all have a common game that we play I would not mind setting up a dedicated game server for it. If enough people reply I will setup a game poll for this thread.

Here are most my games:

75722_531539114668_47701412_31136004_5038182_n.jpg

75623_531539134628_47701412_31136005_414690_n.jpg

73927_531539154588_47701412_31136006_6706289_n.jpg

149810_531539169558_47701412_31136007_242568_n.jpg

Nice; not only is that a large-sized collection, but pretty diverse too. I try to keep as many off of Steam actually, haha, and delete the local content when I haven't played something in awhile.

These days though I'm pretty much only playing BC2 until Black Ops comes out next week (and I'll probably give the BC2:Vietnam DLC a go as well).

thats a lot wow

killing floor and left 4 dead 2 are the two I probably play the most tho I haven't gotten around to them too often lately.

also for whatever help it might be worth i made this a while ago http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NJGF

I'm currently playing Fallout 3 New Vegas

I also have Dragon Age origins, Far Cry 2, StarCraft 2, all the Half Life 2 stuff, Max Payne 2 and maybe a few others.

Currently also Guild Leader in my LOTRO guild but only my wife has been playing much recently.

Also playing the original Everquest. I had quit EQ back in July of 2000, got an Email from Sony say "10th anniversary since you left, why not come back and check it out" so I did. heh. What a difference.

Do we have any computer gamers on here? If so what games do you play :p If we all have a common game that we play I would not mind setting up a dedicated game server for it. If enough people reply I will setup a game poll for this thread.

Here are most my games:

You have BF2, you need to get the MOD Project Reality for it... It's a lot of fun...

EA is actually bringing BF2 back with "HD" graphics, and it'll be free to play: http://battlefield.play4free.com/

Its only in closed beta right now (I put in an entry for it, we'll see). Trailer is also on the main page linked above.

They're not calling it a BF2 reboot, but its very, very obvious that's what it is, haha. I'm excited about it as BF2, aside from BC2, was one of my favorite of the Battlefield series (BF:Vietnam was fun too).

Nice; not only is that a large-sized collection, but pretty diverse too. I try to keep as many off of Steam actually, haha, and delete the local content when I haven't played something in awhile.

These days though I'm pretty much only playing BC2 until Black Ops comes out next week (and I'll probably give the BC2:Vietnam DLC a go as well).

I am really looking forward to Black Ops as well.

I joined the group too, my handle being 'bene'

If I hadn't got New Vegas for PS3, I would've been all over that for PC (have FO3 for PC). And I really should have, as the PS3 version had crazy stutter and crash issues (in the week it took me to beat New Vegas, probably crashed 15-20 times)... plus you can actually use the irons for the majority of the guns in New Vegas, which would've been cool to use (console version is all VAT combat, haha)... hmm, maybe I'll trade my PS3 version with some other games for AC:Brotherhood, and it'll give me the excuse to get New Vegas for the PC...:ph34r:

EA is actually bringing BF2 back with "HD" graphics, and it'll be free to play: http://battlefield.play4free.com/

Its only in closed beta right now (I put in an entry for it, we'll see). Trailer is also on the main page linked above.

They're not calling it a BF2 reboot, but its very, very obvious that's what it is, haha. I'm excited about it as BF2, aside from BC2, was one of my favorite of the Battlefield series (BF:Vietnam was fun too).

nice I loved BF2 back in the day, I'd setup a server with like a modded AI file so it would be like me and 2-3 friends vs 120 something bots lol it was crazy

Added a couple of you guys to my friends list. My screen name is VBane

Love playing L4D, still debating over the new MOH.

DO NOT buy it! It is GARBAGE! Let me list somethings for you (I made the mistake of buying it):

- Crap AI/Game Programming (Computer team mates running in front of your line of fire, running to different parts of the area that have nothing to do with the objective, blasted HUD not being displayed when triggered, hits not being registered, computer team mates getting stuck and running in place)

- Crap Game Level Objective Triggers (Once you finish fighting off enemies in an area you are running around trying trigger the game to open the next area or objectives)

- Single player is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short.

Even if the fixed the first two points I still would not buy it because of the last one. Multiplayer only is not worth the 60 USD. They definitely rushed the game. What is upsetting is that it could have been a VERY GOOD game. Go and look up the vast number of reviews on the game if you want more details.

Agreed with joejaxx regarding MOH. The AI was pretty terrible, and the level design is subpar (its really just a matter of remembering where enemies pop up). I also do agree that the single player campaign is way too short considering its a $60 investment (I think its somewhere around four hours of gameplay... MW2 was like double that or so... Fallout New Vegas is like ten times that). I also did not like the multiplayer at all, and maybe that's because I'm too spoiled by Dice's real venture, BC2. If the single player engine and mechanics were utilized for the MP, it could have been much better I think.

Now the good, it is really, really accurate. The look/sound/"weight" of the weapons was dead on (no bullet drop though). The extra stuff (like the SOFLAM), and even the way your team looked and carried themselves was very nice. And, something that some reviewers complained about, the military lingo used is spot-on. Its not some MW2/Hollywood stuff (or ripped from something like 'Generation Kill'), but chatter/comms that are used. The issue still is that these are all small things that I consider "polish." Problem is that the product as a whole needed a different direction, and not necessarily polish.

The story is also pretty generic, but there are some "levels" that are pretty intense... albeit short. Again, I agree with joejaxx, and just wait til this is selling for like $20-30.

Agreed with joejaxx regarding MOH. The AI was pretty terrible, and the level design is subpar (its really just a matter of remembering where enemies pop up). I also do agree that the single player campaign is way too short considering its a $60 investment (I think its somewhere around four hours of gameplay... MW2 was like double that or so... Fallout New Vegas is like ten times that). I also did not like the multiplayer at all, and maybe that's because I'm too spoiled by Dice's real venture, BC2. If the single player engine and mechanics were utilized for the MP, it could have been much better I think.

Now the good, it is really, really accurate. The look/sound/"weight" of the weapons was dead on (no bullet drop though). The extra stuff (like the SOFLAM), and even the way your team looked and carried themselves was very nice. And, something that some reviewers complained about, the military lingo used is spot-on. Its not some MW2/Hollywood stuff (or ripped from something like 'Generation Kill'), but chatter/comms that are used. The issue still is that these are all small things that I consider "polish." Problem is that the product as a whole needed a different direction, and not necessarily polish.

The story is also pretty generic, but there are some "levels" that are pretty intense... albeit short. Again, I agree with joejaxx, and just wait til this is selling for like $20-30.

I forgot to mention this as well. They did VERY WELL with this aspect of the game and I enjoyed it. I just wish the same amount of detail went into the rest of the game's basic functionality. Hopefully Call Of Duty: Black Ops is going to have both parts skillfully executed.

DO NOT buy it! It is GARBAGE! Let me list somethings for you (I made the mistake of buying it):

- Crap AI/Game Programming (Computer team mates running in front of your line of fire, running to different parts of the area that have nothing to do with the objective, blasted HUD not being displayed when triggered, hits not being registered, computer team mates getting stuck and running in place)

- Crap Game Level Objective Triggers (Once you finish fighting off enemies in an area you are running around trying trigger the game to open the next area or objectives)

- Single player is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too short.

Even if the fixed the first two points I still would not buy it because of the last one. Multiplayer only is not worth the 60 USD. They definitely rushed the game. What is upsetting is that it could have been a VERY GOOD game. Go and look up the vast number of reviews on the game if you want more details.

Ahhh Thanks for the head up..*sigh* another disappointment..

gameplay aside, the entire game is SO BUGGY its almost unplayable on my machine. the multiplayer is absolutely useless. i cant last 2 minutes without it hanging, then crashing. during single player, it hangs literally every 2min. so much it took hours just to complete, simply because i had to sit and wait for it to unhang. all my drivers are up to date, and while i have an old system, its not that bad.

it seems every game is made to run well on win 7, and XP users are getting left behind.