Sign in to follow this  
robot_hell

Gift for a Corvette owner

I'm out of ideas for a Christmas gift for my uncle. He's a fan of Corvettes, but I don't want the gift to be one of those cheesy branded luggages or crystal Corvette paperweights. Help me out here!

Does he own one? If so, what year?

I'm out of ideas for a Christmas gift for my uncle. He's a fan of Corvettes, but I don't want the gift to be one of those cheesy branded luggages or crystal Corvette paperweights. Help me out here!

http://www.turbowax.com/prod/Carcarekit

My Corvette has more trunk space than one of those newfangled POS wanna-be "gto's". No thank you.

I beg to differ. I have 17.5 cu. ft. of trunk space and can comfortably accommodate four people - five if they're friendly.

But I take no offense, I still have my first mid-life crisis car, a 1990 Z51 - but it pretty much just sits in the garage now. I can get my kicks with my EDD, my G8-GT.

BTW, the Lloyds mats are a good idea.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<-----Cars & guns....gotta love em

Hi-flow clutch slave cylinder. Or have they fixed those yet? ;)

Ha, interesting that you should mention that - I wasn't aware there was a general problem, but I have had the slave cylinder replaced, but that was some time ago.

I have a corvette also....98 C5.... A nice gift would be one that was not corvette specific, such as was mentioned with a cleaning kit.... you could put something together yourself such as wax, polish, microfiber cloths, shammy for drying etc. You can put what you want in it and get as simple or exotic as you want while controlling the cost.

I beg to differ. I have 17.5 cu. ft. of trunk space and can comfortably accommodate four people - five if they're friendly.

But I take no offense, I still have my first mid-life crisis car, a 1990 Z51 - but it pretty much just sits in the garage now. I can get my kicks with my EDD, my G8-GT.

BTW, the Lloyds mats are a good idea.

Adios,

Pizza Bob<-----Cars & guns....gotta love em

The G8GT is SWEEEET. A good friend of mine has one in orange and ran 12s in the 1/4mi with nothing other than a catback and some tuning. It would be my first choice for a new DD. The GTO's trunk space w/ the gas tank behind the seats just makes me angry. Add in the bland styling and I have no interest in owning one.

Hi-flow clutch slave cylinder. Or have they fixed those yet? ;)

Hardy-har-har. Yes they make a fix, and its less than $200. ....And no I haven't done it yet :icon_lol:

'63 Split Window Coupe here.

But like most, don't drive it enough.

:o Must see pictures!!