SoR

new guy

Hi folks, new guy from Princeton area.

Recently got my FID (after about a month of waiting) and was trying to figure out which rifles are legal in NJ and which ones aren't and that's how I came across this site (google and more google).

Lots of good info but too much of it and not enough time :)

I'm basically looking for some semi-autos, an M4 type 5.56 and a 308/7.62 (ideally it would be an armalite ar10 sass but it seems that one is too illegal, and expensive, to even consider :) ). Will probably consider a bolt action 308 too (ideally a remington m24 but because of price a lookalike 700 may do just fine :))

Hope to meet some of you going forward. With how the economy is going I may need to get to know as many of you as possible :)

Hello and welcome from down the road (Ewing)!

As for M4 types, avoid flash hiders and adjustable stocks (NJ believes these make guns too cool for its residents). And no mags over 15 rounds. I reccently picked up a nice LMT Defender 2000 in 5.56 from Cheyenne Mtn Outfitters. Really wish I had a flash hider - very sparky, especially in the dark.

I don't know if i should welcome you cause I'm a noob, but welcome... If you go to the Rahway Guild when your ready they will definitely help you out with that.I deal with a guy named Matt but they are all cool there.If your going hunting or getting ready for the zombie apocalypse they got your back....lol good luck