jcerillo70

What gear do i need for uspsa?

So i want to start in these competitions,and i know i need some gear.

I have 3 holsters for my Glock 34 but none of the hold well or fit.

5 mags for the G34

Some furgazie mag pouches... etc

I want a real set up

I use a Glock 34 for 9mm

And a 1911 for .45 ACP

---------------

I have also seen those comp. holsters that look like they hook into the barrels. those are cool...

But give me some ideas ladies and gentlemen

Thanks,

Joe Cerillo.

Also any info on comps within 20mins of freehold NJ???

First 3 matches, dont even worry about equipment. a sturdy holster, and some mag pouches... although you can keep them in back pocket. Just worry about staying safe.

I have shot about 10 matches and I still suck.... big time. (ok, not that bad....) equipment is far from holding you back. =)

Come join the crew, we have enough RO's that we can form our own squad if enough show up. Ronny (Ronhonda) and company are terrific people and very welcoming to new shooters.

The First and Third Friday of each month, Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club has a USPSA Tutorial at their Indoor Range. (SEE BELOW )

OBCATS Web Site Here!!!

"OBCATS also holds an indoor action shoot on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Set-up and Sign-in starts about 6:30, First Shot is about 7:30. This is an informal USPSA-like match shot on our indoor range. We run 4 stages and are usually done by 11pm. Cost is $5 for an Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club member and $20 for a non-member. This is an excellent place to get started in Action Shooting. We run a short tutorial to explain the basics of the rules, a bit of history and a little about scoring. We then give you a safety check and pair you with an experienced shooter to guide you through your match. "

The Indoor Match Director is Eric Wiemer. You can contact him at [email protected] Directions

Directions to the Indoor Range

From NJ Turnpike:

Take exit 9 (New Brunswick, Rutgers)

Take Rt. 18 South approximately 7 miles to Maple Ave.

Turn Right onto Maple, approximately 1/2 mile, club is on left.

If you hit the bend at the end of Maple, you went too far.

From South Rt. 18.

Maple is approximately 4 miles North of Rt. 520, or 2.5 miles from Rt. 9.

Turn left onto Maple and follow above directions.

From Garden State Parkway North:

Take NJ Turnpike exit and follow above directions.

From Garden State Parkway South:

Take exit 114, Middletown.

Turn west onto Middletown Rd.

Turn right onto Rt. 520.

Take exit for Rt. 18 North.

Follow directions above for Rt. 18.

To the OP, take a class, go to one of the indoor matches at Old Bridge, or come to one of the regular matches and jump in.

Use whatever equipment you currently have for a few matches, but if you decide to continue (you will) I suggest that you pick up a good holster, mag pouches, and a competition belt.

There are many options on equipment and gear, but I recommend a Blade Tech DOH with TeK Lock holster and mag pouches, and a CR Speed belt. Buy quaility equipment/gear once so that you don't waste your money on sub-par crap like I did. I had about 5 different holsters for my 1911 until I picked up a Blade Tech. If you plan on trying IDPA, order a belt attachment for your holster to make it compliant to their rules.

Other people will disagree, but this set-up is the best and most widely used.

Those comp holsters you saw, depending on what division you are shooting are not a good idea. (at least while you are starting out)

It would be best to have at least 6 mags or clips for the gun you are using.

If you are shooting production with the G34 or single stack/Limited 10 with the 45, you should consider having 3 mag pouches on your belt. It gives you 48-60 rounds on you for any particular stage.

If you are interested, ask here and I am sure someone will be more than happy to let you try out some of their gear.

Any other questions, ask one of us will be more than happy to answer them for you.

FWIW, I shot my 1st match with a nylon holster and Army G.I. mag pouches for my 1911.

Ronny

The First and Third Saturday of each month, Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club has a USPSA Tutorial at their Indoor Range. (SEE BELOW )

OBCATS Web Site Here!!!

"OBCATS also holds an indoor action shoot on the 1st and 3rd Fridays of each month. Set-up and Sign-in starts about 6:30, First Shot is about 7:30. This is an informal USPSA-like match shot on our indoor range. We run 4 stages and are usually done by 11pm. Cost is $5 for an Old Bridge Rifle & Pistol Club member and $20 for a non-member. This is an excellent place to get started in Action Shooting. We run a short tutorial to explain the basics of the rules, a bit of history and a little about scoring. We then give you a safety check and pair you with an experienced shooter to guide you through your match. "

The Indoor Match Director is Eric Wiemer. You can contact him at [email protected] Directions

Directions to the Indoor Range

From NJ Turnpike:

Take exit 9 (New Brunswick, Rutgers)

Take Rt. 18 South approximately 7 miles to Maple Ave.

Turn Right onto Maple, approximately 1/2 mile, club is on left.

If you hit the bend at the end of Maple, you went too far.

From South Rt. 18.

Maple is approximately 4 miles North of Rt. 520, or 2.5 miles from Rt. 9.

Turn left onto Maple and follow above directions.

From Garden State Parkway North:

Take NJ Turnpike exit and follow above directions.

From Garden State Parkway South:

Take exit 114, Middletown.

Turn west onto Middletown Rd.

Turn right onto Rt. 520.

Take exit for Rt. 18 North.

Follow directions above for Rt. 18.

IGGY?

The First and Third Saturday of each month, Old Bridge Rifle and Pistol Club has a USPSA Tutorial at their Indoor Range. (SEE BELOW )

OBCATS Web Site Here!!!

Can you clarify - is it Friday or Saturday?

Any good website for good quality competition gear.

-Belts

-Mag pouches

-holsters

-etc.

------

Blade tek holster

cr speed belts

etc.

All in one spot.

-----------------

secondly i saw ones on ebay that are labeled for "Airsoft" > i wonder if you could use those

Any good website for good quality competition gear.

-Belts

-Mag pouches

-holsters

-etc.

------

Blade tek holster

cr speed belts

etc.

All in one spot.

-----------------

secondly i saw ones on ebay that are labeled for "Airsoft" > i wonder if you could use those

Blade tech holsters and mag pouches: http://www.blade-tech.com/home.php

Shooters Connection belts and whatever else: http://shootersconnectionstore.com/

Dawson Precision everything you u could want: http://www.dawsonprecision.com/

I would stay away from stuff labeled "airsoft" they are made for toys not real firearms. Others might disagree but you have spent good money on your guns, why skimp on gear.

All in one spot.

Here's one that I found (and used - great service on my order)...

http://www.reddotshooting.com/

They have both CR and AA belts. Blade-Tech holsters and mag pouches and free shipping on orders over $50.

HTH

Adios,

Pizza Bob

shoptics.com and opticsplanet.com have great prices on safariland stuff.

Bought my DA belt from Midway.

Also, check out the classifieds forum on Brian Enos. Dont be afraid to buy used.

Most of all, try the stuff before you actually go blowing money on it! Especially since you have not shot a match yet.

:ph34r: = ;)

Is that you Iggy O?

I really need to find some time and try my hand at this. Equipment isn't an issue after seeing the video's that's for sure...it is the time factor.

Is that you Iggy O?

I really need to find some time and try my hand at this. Equipment isn't an issue after seeing the video's that's for sure...it is the time factor.

Absolutely. Do not get hung up on equipment. I shot my first few indoor matches at OB with a G-19 with burned out tritium sights and a spare mag in my back pocket. Come to a match and just look at what different shooters are using. You will find that everyone will be willing to talk to you about their gear - what they are using, why they are using it and where they got it. Do not buy anything until you have tried the sport and decided that its for you.