Babaganoosh

Get your pork covered bullets here!

Ignorance, racism, intolerance, and a health dose of disgrace.

This is exactly the kind of stuff gun-owners should be doing to fight the stereotype that they're all inbred, racist hillbillies. :rolleyes:

PS Both Kosher and Halal regard pork as unclean, yet for some reason, making fun of Muslims is cool but making fun of jews is Anti-Semetic.

• Like 5

While the pork bullet product is stupid, Judaism and Islam are different animals in my opinion.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw Jews chanting "Death to America" or blowing up innocents to to make a point. When I hear more of the Muslim world clamoring for peace and denouncing the terror acts committed by their co-religionists, I will begin to take a more positive view of their religion. Silence equals implied consent.

• Like 2

While the pork bullet product is stupid, Judaism and Islam are different animals in my opinion.

I'm trying to remember the last time I saw Jews chanting "Death to America" or blowing up innocents to to make a point. When I hear more of the Muslim world clamoring for peace and denouncing the terror acts committed by their co-religionists, I will begin to take a more positive view of their religion. Silence equals implied consent.

Actually Islam and Judaism are very close....

Most Muslims are not against Jews.... (In fact the world's 3rd largest concentration of Jews is in Iran), but they are against the Jewish State of Israel. But in any case, for as many nutjob Muslim Clerics, there are as many nutjob Jews/Catholics screaming death to Muslims. I have a few close Arab friends from Egypt, and a few I have met in Israel, and most of them are very peaceful. Unfortunately in the "fear this" society we live in, we are conditioned that all muslims are bad, much like most of the south is not redneck, and how americans are commie/reds/Russian haters. To the same extent, not every German is a Nazi Skinhead.

I do have a huge issue extermist Muslims.... but at the same time, not going to throw everyone else under the bus.

As a Jew... the pork bullets. it is a bit funny, you must admit. If religion teaches anything, it tolerance for others with differing opinions.

• Like 3

Of course the majority of people are peace-loving. I would argue the point about the majority tolerating the whackos though. I think that Christians and Jews are very vocal when one of their own commit an act the majority of us find abhorrent (i.e. JDL, Phalangists, etc). I think it is much less so in the Muslim world. Is their silence because they fear their violent brethren? Is it tacit approval? Either way, the weak rationalizations (i.e. it happens because of Israel's treatment of Palestinians) and/or lack of a unified condemnation from the Muslim world speak volumes.

The only question I have is this, when mentioning how this could incite further violence, why is it that we are expected to view them as unaccountable for their actions? I mean, to be honest, when Muslims take to the streets rioting over a cartoon, and killing people and things, they seem to collectively act as children would. There's no sign of the mature thought of, "Okay, that was rude/offensive/etc. I'm going to speak out about this, but not riot and make death threats." Like, They're very touchy about stuff, Whenever I hear anti-catholic sentiment, I just brush it off, but over there everything seems to offend to the extreme.

And of course, I'm sure the news cameras didn't capture the folks who shut themselves inside their houses for fear of what was going on, but I'm surprised their governments would allow that, or that fellow muslims wouldn't tell them that behavior like that is what raises anti-Islamic sentiment.

And if this sounds anti-Islamic, I'm sorry. Actually, if anything, I'm pretty much enamored with middle eastern culture, history, and women, but I really wonder why they don't realize that their radical elements are portraying all Muslims in a bad light.

• Like 1

Actually Islam and Judaism are very close....

Most Muslims are not against Jews.... (In fact the world's 3rd largest concentration of Jews is in Iran), but they are against the Jewish State of Israel. But in any case, for as many nutjob Muslim Clerics, there are as many nutjob Jews/Catholics screaming death to Muslims. I have a few close Arab friends from Egypt, and a few I have met in Israel, and most of them are very peaceful. Unfortunately in the "fear this" society we live in, we are conditioned that all muslims are bad, much like most of the south is not redneck, and how americans are commie/reds/Russian haters. To the same extent, not every German is a Nazi Skinhead.

I do have a huge issue extermist Muslims.... but at the same time, not going to throw everyone else under the bus.

As a Jew... the pork bullets. it is a bit funny, you must admit. If religion teaches anything, it tolerance for others with differing opinions.

While I fully understand the human need to vilify a group or to put a face to the perceived enemy ,I believe we play into the hands of our detractors by displaying a blind bigotry and ignorance,but even worse is the "Dog Smile" of hypocrisy and simmering hatred.I for one like to know where a person honestly stands on certain issues regardless of my opinions.If for nothing more than to come to a somewhat educated opinion of that person or group.

• Like 1

I truly feel that one of the best ways for everyone to get over racism is thru humor. I work with a diverse crowd and we all make fun of each other and a lot of times it involves ethnic stereotypes. People who get offended easily don't last that long. Yes we are coworkers but a lot of us became friends and hang out outside of work.

Not a day goes by without a black joke, a jew joke, a hispanic joke, an asian joke and a white joke being made. We all give it out, but we all gotta take it because some days it's just our turn in the barrel.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive

• Like 2

From my experience, people resort to racism or some type of bigotry as a means of dehumanizing the targeted group or peoples so that they don't feel bad if something were to occur (whether or not they were directly responsible for harm). Same reason why racism and bigotry is rampant in the military-- or even something as simple as calling a live, human being who might have a family and cares more about defending their homeland from a foreign threat then in some religious fervor a "threat" or "target" (compared to the earlier stated).

But on the outside, when there is no battles or war to be fought, its plain as day to me that it is indeed bigotry or racism (compared to bigotry/racism wearing a facade of general acceptance). But hey, some people just need that to put a bounce in their step, which is a shame.

• Like 2

So in arab countries they do nothing about radical muslims protesting a cartoon.... ok...

and overseas do they not do stories of how the United States allows Nazi's and White Supremacists march the streets? Heck, go into any Western PA gun show, half the stuff is skinhead stuff.

The point is... every society has its half baked, a few fries short of happy meal people. The issue is... we would be no better morally than those hate groups if we stoop down to their level.

Unfortunately, in the middle east, the radical hate groups make up a much larger percentage of society then in most developed countries.

For instance... the last altercation Israel had with Lebanon a few years ago. The most intriguing part of that whole military exercise was that Lebannon and Israel are officially Allies. The problem is... southern Lebanon is control by Hamas.

Outside of Iran, where the issue is the ruling party, and not the people, most other Middle East states are all united with Israel, and are open to the fact that there has to be tolerance for other beliefs. It is within those cultures though, where you have sects of people who would take up arms to shove their religion down your throat.

The whole middle east revolutions, ie, Egypt, etc.... it is a scary part. Even though they were dictators, they were in line with tolerance for Jews/Christians/Catholics. The worst thing that can happen in any middle east state right now is the government is overthrown, a democracy is formed where it is controlled by the religious extremists.

You see this right now in Gaza/Palestine, where Hamas is a party and controls the majority of the government. Should that happen in more countries, where Al Queda/Hamas get a political stake, like in Lebanon, it would quickly lead to Nazi Germany.

Some people are just too sensitive. I often say "that's racist" jokingly when people make jokes that aren't racist at all. It gets people thinking about what they said and how it might be racist for a second, until they realize it actually wasn't in the least racist. Why? Because I find it funny how people can sometimes get so spun up about innocent remarks and that it actually gets people to reword what they were going to say because they don't want to offend somebody. A joke is a joke. It becomes racist when you actually mean it. Like "I hope you die because you are {insert race/ethnicity here}...ha..."

Its a joke, relax, I cant stand it when people make a joke and everyone starts saying its racist or sexist or whatever. If you are doing it to be funny everyone should lay off regardless if you dont find it funny. I get angry whenever someone uses Jesus in a joke, but guess what, I turn it off, and have laughed at some (Family Guy comes to mind)

The Jewish/Muslim comparison shouldnt even come up here. Why bring up Jews into a conversation about muslims to try and defend the latter. Everyone stands on their own. Also, I have never heard a Jew scream to kill all muslims.

• Like 2

In regards to islam and Judaism and Israel and the sort. Once you are diacussing Arab Israelis "palestinians" and the Muslim Arabs of Israel's border countries the right to a Jewish state of Israel and being accepting of Jews is one in the same.

Wish I could quote and expand more but sadly I'm on ky phone and I hate typing and gtg

I personally don't take huge offense to this joke necessarily, but that does nothing to lessen the bigotry of it.

The way a "joke" is perceived has two sides, those of the joker and those of the receiver. To simply say that its a "joke" and because of that people shouldn't take offense means nothing to those it might offend regardless. I don't actually understand how people can't understand that, though it might be because I don't have a centric view of the world.

• Like 1

I personally don't take huge offense to this joke necessarily, but that does nothing to lessen the bigotry of it.

The way a "joke" is perceived has two sides, those of the joker and those of the receiver. To simply say that its a "joke" and because of that people shouldn't take offense means nothing to those it might offend regardless. I don't actually understand how people can't understand that, though it might be because I don't have a centric view of the world.

Only tell jokes without victims and you just got rid of half of your jokes. No one can dictate another's speech. I put Free Speech and Bear arms as the 2 most important rights I almost never want abridged. I like jokes that make me cringe sometimes and I am wiling to take a beating myself. The ony time I self censored myself was when I learned where polish jokes came from and it was very upsetting, but if it was a good enough joke and couldnt swap in someone else, I would still make it. You shouldnt water down your humor because Haji has an itchy trigger finger, if you do, you already lost. I understand people can be offended and dont care. If they cant take a joke ...

Only tell jokes without victims and you just got rid of half of your jokes. No one can dictate another's speech. I put Free Speech and Bear arms as the 2 most important rights I almost never want abridged. I like jokes that make me cringe sometimes and I am wiling to take a beating myself. The ony time I self censored myself was when I learned where polish jokes came from and it was very upsetting, but if it was a good enough joke and couldnt swap in someone else, I would still make it. You shouldnt water down your humor because Haji has an itchy trigger finger, if you do, you already lost. I understand people can be offended and dont care. If they cant take a joke ...

I loooove cringe humor

The Jewish/Muslim comparison shouldnt even come up here. Why bring up Jews into a conversation about muslims to try and defend the latter. Everyone stands on their own. Also, I have never heard a Jew scream to kill all muslims.

Seriously? Try reading some Israeli newspapers or better yet go there. =) There are plenty of radical Jews too. Its just not newsworthy.

Will be completely honest, the IDF has killed its fair share of Arabs just because they got in the way in Gaza/Palestine.

The Jewish/Muslim comparison is very appropriate here too. Orthodox/Conservative/Hassidic Jews who are Kosher would take offense at the whole pork covered bullets. Granted it is a Joke, but to say it has nothing to do with jews is moronic.

The Muslim religion came out of Judaism, and alot of the founding principles are the same.

Much like there are skinheads wanting to kill all jews in America, there are Jews who want to "cleanse" Gaza/Palestine/Egypt/Jordan for attacking Israel. The nutjobs are everywhere, of every race, every color, every religion.

In regards to islam and Judaism and Israel and the sort. Once you are diacussing Arab Israelis "palestinians" and the Muslim Arabs of Israel's border countries the right to a Jewish state of Israel and being accepting of Jews is one in the same.

Wish I could quote and expand more but sadly I'm on ky phone and I hate typing and gtg

highly wrong. Actually, it is completely wrong.

Being Jewish and a Jewish State are two completely separate topics. I was once as ignorant to think so too until I went to the middle east and met with people on both sides of the conflict. Once again, Jews live at peace in Iran, where there are numerous synagogues.

Like I said, what a person decides to say/joke/whatever about is their choice, and I'm not saying that is wrong in any way (I have never said this is a 1A issue).

I'm simply saying that people who think that their jokes are not offensive because they believe them to be simply jokes are lying to themselves. This doesn't mean to stop telling them-- just have to live with the possible consequences.

There is and will always be the butt of the joke....