DevsAdvocate

New range in West Paterson/Woodland Park?

If Riverdale gun club members want to have a selective screening process, they have the right to. Having a place to shoot is not a right.

Personally, I wish some clubs were a tad more selective. =)

Riverdale is a very successful private club that has members of all walks of life. They also let the ANJRPC and many, many other clubs use their classroom and range at NO cost to promote the shooting sports in NJ. The only thing that is "selective" about the membership process is that you have to wait your turn to join, I waited two years back in the day, and you must take their shooting proficiency test.

The elders decided a very long time ago to limit the membership numbers so that the club is not overcrowded.

If any of you want to visit or use me as a reference to join let me know. I cannot speed up the membership process though.

Anthony

Riverdale is a very successful private club that has members of all walks of life. They also let the ANJRPC and many, many other clubs use their classroom and range at NO cost to promote the shooting sports in NJ. The only thing that is "selective" about the membership process is that you have to wait your turn to join, I waited two years back in the day, and you must take their shooting proficiency test.

The elders decided a very long time ago to limit the membership numbers so that the club is not overcrowded.

If any of you want to visit or use me as a reference to join let me know. I cannot speed up the membership process though.

Anthony

I'll put in for it. I'm kinda hoping for Shongum though... but that'll be awhile as well. I mean, is overcrowding really an issue here in NJ?

I guess PA spoils me a bit. Their ranges are cheap, well run, and getting a membership is a pretty simple process. They're hardly crowded either. Except for the weeks before hunting season... but I guess that's the case for a lot of clubs.

I'll put in for it. I'm kinda hoping for Shongum though... but that'll be awhile as well. I mean, is overcrowding really an issue here in NJ?

I guess PA spoils me a bit. Their ranges are cheap, well run, and getting a membership is a pretty simple process. They're hardly crowded either. Except for the weeks before hunting season... but I guess that's the case for a lot of clubs.

You can print the Riverdale app on line and use me as a reference when you submit it. Just email or PM me with your info when you do. I will give you my personal info.

http://www.riverdalepistol.org/Riverdale_application.pdf

Anthony

You can print the Riverdale app on line and use me as a reference when you submit it. Just email or PM me with your info when you do. I will give you my personal info.

http://www.riverdalepistol.org/Riverdale_application.pdf

Anthony

I'll take ya up on that. When I renew my NRA membership, I'll send you a PM.

Thank you.

So to get back on the topic of this thread these guy's are building a new range in Morris county. I have been there and can tell you it will be a very nice place. They have turned their passion into a business and built a range and store. In this state the more ranges and guns shops that open can only end up being a good thing for all of us 2A advocates. So check them out and stop in and see the place when they open and let me know what you think.

I really commend them for having the backbone to plunge into this venture.

Anthony

It would be nice, and I hope they do, however I don't believe it will be in their business model, if ShoreShot, BA, BH are any indication.

Up north I believe Jim Flynn stocks components, and then an easy ride to PA for alot of them.

So to get back on the topic of this thread these guy's are building a new range in Morris county. I have been there and can tell you it will be a very nice place. They have turned their passion into a business and built a range and store. In this state the more ranges and guns shops that open can only end up being a good thing for all of us 2A advocates. So check them out and stop in and see the place when they open and let me know what you think.

I really commend them for having the backbone to plunge into this venture.

Anthony

This fact alone is why I really don't feel bad putting up $250 to join. Even if I chose not to renew the year after, I can take solace in supporting the range in its first year.

It would be nice, and I hope they do, however I don't believe it will be in their business model, if ShoreShot, BA, BH are any indication.

Up north I believe Jim Flynn stocks components, and then an easy ride to PA for alot of them.

I don't reload but jim flynn is kinda far for some northerners. Would be faster to go somewhere in ny or maybe even pa for some of us.

glen gardner is 60 miles for me. more central then north jersey. another hour and youre at cabelas. anyone know of any place just over the nj/ny border that has reloading supplies. seems driving anywhere will cost so much in gas its a wash when compared to the hazmat fee.

glen gardner is 60 miles for me. more central then north jersey. another hour and youre at cabelas. anyone know of any place just over the nj/ny border that has reloading supplies. seems driving anywhere will cost so much in gas its a wash when compared to the hazmat fee.

Ramsey Outdoor in RAMSEY south bound on 17, not the one in Paramus, has some stuff. Last time I was there, pickins were slim, but that was maybe 2 years back when everyone was out of supplies.

I think the Bullet Hole carries some powders and maybe primers.

Is it still a secret where this place is? I would love to join an indoor range, and my Cherry Ridge lapses in December. The price is sort of high, but I'm interested. I'd love to know what I'm signing up for. Can someone PM me if you know?

Is it still a secret where this place is? I would love to join an indoor range, and my Cherry Ridge lapses in December. The price is sort of high, but I'm interested. I'd love to know what I'm signing up for. Can someone PM me if you know?

You're within 15 minutes.

The brother of Skyline would be me,

I was really surprised that RTSP was in my town.

I went over to RTSP today and part owner Brad Tremaroli was kind enough to show me around.

First, there is alot, alot of parking, in a much better neighborhood than Paterson Gunsmithing or Bullet Hole.

Everything is new and clean, men and ladies bathrooms, very professional.

9 firing ports with digital target distance controls, big clean table in the port, good ventilation, 25 yards, bright lighting.

They are opening Nov 15, 20 bucks per person sharing a port, 25 bucks for the two rifle ports on the left.

My kids keep me busy, but I will definitely be visiting the RTSP range with Skyline.

Brad, thanks for the tour. Awesome place. I will tell all my shooting buddies at Picatinny.

In the end it is a public range.

With the cost to join and the "extras" you have to pay for, it is not worth it IMHO.

If I lived closer to CJ or OB, I would join in a heartbeat for roughly the same amount of money.

If I lived closer to PA I would join Topton.(Membership is $50-$75 a YEAR)

Luckily I still have my Riverdale membership. I can come and go as I please.

how do I get into Riverdale??

its sooo close to me!

can I grease a pocket to move to the front of the line? :good:

Opening day has to be really close. Any word yet?

they said they're looking at a november 15 or earlier opening as long as the town gives the final ok.

@tommy3rd

i'm not sure how fast they will answer you here but if you have facebook and go to their facebook page they respond to those pretty quickly

I was hoping to supplement my Cherry Ridge membership during the winter months with a membership to RTSP but at their current prices I can't really justify it especially when it jumps back up to $350 in the second year. I guess I'll just have to try out hourly and hope for the best. Regardless I wish them the best of luck.

Just so everyone knows they posted this on Facebook today:

Ladies & Gentlemen....RTSP has officially passed its final inspection and CO will be issued by Monday!! As most of you already know, (but have kept the little secret for us) RTSP is located in RANDOLPH, NJ...the official address is 961 Rt. 10 East, Unit 2F, Randolph, NJ 07869....PLEASE do us a favor, wait for our announcement of a soft opening date (probably within 7 - 10 days), so that we may prepare the building, get inventory in and work out the kinks associated with opening this type of facility....Until we open, we are still honoring the pre-open membership discount until our official opening date...Any questions please feel free to call us at the Range at 973-434-7600!!! Thanks for all your support during the build out and look forward to seeing you all at the range!!!

And there you go all that bitching about not disclosing a location while offering a sale. You got your knickers in a bunch and viola, they are still honoring it until they are ready for their soft opening.

Freaking paranoia and tin foil hats around here getting crazy.