DevsAdvocate

New range in West Paterson/Woodland Park?

Rumor mills.

Or there is a new range opening in West Paterson/Woodland Park that we don't know about... :p

I was not taking a shot at you by my comment.

Just a little irked because what would have been a 20 minute drive for me became a hour.

Since I work in Little Falls it would have been convenient to drop

my guns off for a "cleaning" and shoot after work.

About 390+ posts ago, the OP said they were building a range, gave a vague location to gauge interest and said he would not disclose the actual location because he did not want to let the cat out of the bag and let local antis gang up on him before he got his CO.

Anyone that has been involved in the process of building any commercial building knows that there are hundreds of variables and possibilities that delay your original opening date. Now they are close to completion and offering a smoking deal on pre-opening memberships. Yes, for the most part, we do not know the actual location but if you are up there in the Morris County area, how far can it be?

I think we should continue to be patient, there is a light at the end of the tunnel and we all look forward to it being finished and open soon! Just my .02 :icon_e_ugeek:

• Like 1

Yes, for the most part, we do not know the actual location but if you are up there in the Morris County area, how far can it be?[/color]

Morris County is a very large county, but unlike the large counties down south it has some of the busiest roads. It's 469 square miles, and travelling from Lincoln Park to Washington Twp could take an hour.

So, it matters a lot.

I think it is pretty silly that these guys think people are going to drop $250+ for a range they've never seen and can't even find on a map yet.

I also think it's silly that they're hiding the address in some strange concept of hiding their location from anti-gun people, and yet seem to be winking that friendlies could find it through hints and photos.

Man there are some seriously whiny as people on this forum.

If you don't want to buy the pre-sale, then don't freaking buy it. But don't piss and moan on this thread that wahhhhhhh you don't know where the range is.

Good lord this forum is going in the shitter

• Like 1

I've known where it's been for a while now, which is why I'm kinda hesitant to buy membership at this point. As it stands, the bullethole is about a 20 minute drive for me, which would've been cut down to about 10 had the range been set up in West Paterson. If it opens up and gets enough favorable reviews, I'll be more than willing to tack the extra 30 minutes on to my drive and plop down the money for a membership, but right now, $250 for a range that hasn't been opened yet and is farther away from me is a bit steep. :icon_e_confused:

If you don't want to buy the pre-sale, then don't freaking buy it. But don't piss and moan on this thread that wahhhhhhh you don't know where the range is.

I think its questionable that they are willing to take your money, but refuse to give any information on the location of the range.

And not to be a dick or anything, but the location has been an on-going discussion in the thread to begin with, they threw fuel on their own fire. You miss the point that, people want to buy the pre-sale but they want to know the location first... At this point people are forcing themselves not to buy it, like myself. Besides it's not like the town has no idea they approved a firing range. Unless every person in the town(who has worked on the permits, etc.) is sworn to secrecy the cat is out of the bag, the main people you would worry about are those working for the town.

I also agree with the notion that is kinda stupid to hide the location at this point, if someone was going to do damage they would have figured it out by now like so many people seem to have.

Besides, whinning about other people whinning isn't exactly an argument winner. :icon_mrgreen:

• Like 2

Clearly you've NEVER EVER dealt with politics of a town, and the actual process of receiving a CO. Until you have actually gone through the process and dealt with the politics, you have no right to even begin to question them on their secrecy. I don't blame them one bit for not wanting everybody and their mothers to know.

Obviously their pre-sale is working because people are buying the memberships. This is a good way for them to get a little extra starting capital to help with opening the business. No one is making you buy the pre-sale like I said above. With the amount of capital they have invested into the building of the place, they aren't going anywhere in the near future so your membership is safe for at least a year. I mean geez if brick armory can still stay in business, these guys should be able to bring cash in hand over fist.

• Like 1

Clearly you've NEVER EVER dealt with politics of a town, and the actual process of receiving a CO. Until you have actually gone through the process and dealt with the politics, you have no right to even begin to question them on their secrecy. I don't blame them one bit for not wanting everybody and their mothers to know.

Obviously their pre-sale is working because people are buying the memberships. This is a good way for them to get a little extra starting capital to help with opening the business. No one is making you buy the pre-sale like I said above. With the amount of capital they have invested into the building of the place, they aren't going anywhere in the near future so your membership is safe for at least a year. I mean geez if brick armory can still stay in business, these guys should be able to bring cash in hand over fist.

As a person also involved in dealing with building departments etc, I fully understand their reasoning. But here we go again with the gun community eating their own.

• Like 1

Obviously their pre-sale is working because people are buying the memberships.

I'm assuming these people knew the location.

I don't get it... no one in the town has any idea that an firing range was approved? I'm well aware of the politics and BS that goes on, i just find it hard to believe that no one has a clue it's going up.If i know anything its that people talk at town hall, everyone is buddy buddy, the town as a whole may not be aware, but the officials have to. The mayor knows its going up, the zoning board, fire inspector, they all talk. I understand they don't want people to petition the business and put pressure to keep it from opening.. but regardless this isn't secrecy, there just trying to brush it under the rug.

There's really no point in arguing at this point, so im gonna insert foot in mouth, sit back and wait for this place to open.

• Like 1

couldnt agree more, everyone needs to relax a little, if you dont want to drop the money, then simply DONT DO IT. wait until it opens, realize how awesome it is and then kick yourself in the a** because you're gonna spend an extra 100. these people have already proven thier worth in my eyes by being present on here and asnwer any and all questions and even taking suggestions... they're doing their business right and if that means that they have to hide their location then so be it, who is it hurting other than your curiosity?

Totally not where the hints said it would be... Is there a reason this is still being kept a secret? They've got their FFL*, NJSP inspections are done (right?), the CO is pretty much a formality at this point...

Totally not where the hints said it would be... Is there a reason this is still being kept a secret? They've got their FFL*, NJSP inspections are done (right?), the CO is pretty much a formality at this point...

It's amazing how little people know about the construction process. This is NJ, a wad of cash is often the great motivator whether it be to obtaining items or to preventing things from going forward. Furthermore, It's foolish to assume that a CO is EVER a formality and it just shows the lack of knowledge of anyone who assumes otherwise about the construction "process" in NJ. At least in NYC they have legalized the corruption where you have to hire an expediter to get your building permit. Here in NJ, it's at the whim of the inspector. Frankly, it makes the firearm process seem legitimate.

In addition, the towns often don't give home owners too hard of a time - after all, they are the great voting tax base. Commercial building owners have no vote in that town - they are generally large corporations and last I checked, corporations didn't get a vote... I've seen building departments require fire sprinklers in buildings where the current building code says they are not required. Only a couple of ten grands there... No biggie.