Bob B

NJ2AS v. NJSP update and court documents

Wonderful, he probably has to finish telling the elephant story before he starts walking, this could take a while.. :icon_lol:

Harry

Thank you, Harry. After Bryan's comment, I was beginning to worry. I forgot about the elephant story. It's probably been thirty years since I thought about that one.

Does this mean the judge reviewed it or will simply have reviewed it by then?

In my not so professional opinion, the judge is going to review the guidelines, and try and see if if any of them fall under the restrictions the state police said they fall under. If he can't find any by the fourth then he'll give the verdict, or what ever its called during a Law Suit. But I'm going to guess that NJ will appeal the hell out of this until they get a judge that is in their favor.

Here is the thing, does this guide even exist? I asked my local pd and they never saw it.

RIF. Yes, it exists, the NJSP acknowledge it exists, they would not go through these machinations if it didn't exist - they would just tell the judge it doesn't exist, end of lawsuit, and we know (about 15 pages back) that they already have an unofficial copy of the guide.

RIF. Yes, it exists, the NJSP acknowledge it exists, they would not go through these machinations if it didn't exist - they would just tell the judge it doesn't exist, end of lawsuit, and we know (about 15 pages back) that they already have an unofficial copy of the guide.

I know there is a training manual... but not an actual do this, do that.... from 3 different sources.

Well, we were supposed to have our third court date today, but at the last minute, the judge called for a conference call with both attorneys. During the call he, again, told Mr. Rizzo, that his certifications were insufficient and told him to do another one. This is now the fourth time that the judge is giving the NJSP attorney the opportunity to provide some evidence that any part of the guide would cause harm if released. The first two certifications were insufficient and the third request was ignored. The court date was rescheduled for Nov 18th.

It's good news that the NJSP's first three certifications were insufficient. But I think it's bad news the judge is so willing to keep giving them more chances. I somehow doubt he would be that forgiving of our side.

You got that right, no way that would be that tolerant if was our side, but the judge has to get tired of this and I has to be soon.

seems to me, if judge gave no indication of; get it right this time or else; he wiil continue to ask for re-writes until he gets one so conviluted,vague and confusing enough that he finds in favor of the state..at what point if any, is the judge compelled to act?