Bob B

NJ2AS v. NJSP update and court documents

Yes, the pleadings are very well done. Kudos to NJ2AS and Mr. Gutman. The hubris of the NJSP and the AG is astounding. Basically their position is -- "trust us judge, we know what's best. Nuff said." Oh will I be happy if they are slapped down.

Too bad bribery isn't legal. It probably would have been cheaper to just bribe some cop 10k for the thing and release it on the internets.

Mark, you've been around. I'm sure they already have the document. They want to force the state to release it in order that they can later identify to the state (in lawsuits) the individual municipalities that are ignoring the documents and doing whatever the heck they want.

I also believe that this is the first step in pointing out that NJ's reasonable restrictions are not reasonable.

Well, that's what I think anyway. And really, what part of that document could possibly be used in a negative fashion by a terrorist? I'm sure terrorists are lining up at NJ FFL's to legally buy one handgun a month after a NICS check and with a permit instead of walking down to "that street corner" in Camden, Newark, Elizabeth, Paterson, etc to buy their Jennings,Bryco,HiPoint,SKYY,ROHM, etc.

Too bad bribery isn't legal. It probably would have been cheaper to just bribe some cop 10k for the thing and release it on the internets.

What's really frustrating is to see the AG waste tens of thousands of tax dollars to defend what is clearly a misguided decision to withhold the guide.

What's really frustrating is to see the AG waste tens of thousands of tax dollars to defend what is clearly a misguided decision to withhold the guide.

The way everything looks, there is no way the judge can side with the state on this.

Let's see how much she wastes on her appeal.

NJ.gov : the final bit of their reply -

"... without resort to graphic detail, it is no

great exercise of the mind or heart to imagine the tragic

consequences of such information being routinely available to those

whose aims are far less than worthy."

WHAT UNADULTERATED BULL$HIT

:mad:

Uhm, I think I need the graphic detail. Because I can't imagine what could possibly be contained in that document that would lead to anything tragic other than uniform application of the law. Does it contain some secret code word by which you can bypass the whole process with a wink and a nod or something?

The judge, again, was not satisfied with the new certification and asked for an "en camera" review of the guide. That means that the judge will look at the guide in his chambers. The judge gave the defense another opportunity (third time) to submit another certification along with the guide identifying the parts of the guide that would cause harm if released. The defense indicated that they would submit the guide to the judge within a couple of days. The problem for the defense is, if they identify any particular part of the guide that would cause harm if released, they are admitting that the remainder of the guide can be released, so they will likely just submit the guide for review with no further certification and the judge will likely make his decision once he sees the guide, without having any further oral arguments - but there are no guarantees.

Actually they were probably hoping the plaintiff would run out of money and be forced to drop the suit. Right now they are probably doctoring the document to try and bs the judge :girlwerewolf:

It'll be embarrassing for them if the judge basically says they are full of BS and to turn it over after all this wrangling.

Uhm, I think I need the graphic detail. Because I can't imagine what could possibly be contained in that document that would lead to anything tragic other than uniform application of the law. Does it contain some secret code word by which you can bypass the whole process with a wink and a nod or something?

Yeah I bet. Go to any FFL, yell out "BLUEBERRIES!" and fart in their face and you get to bypass OGAM. Yell raspberries instead for background checks.

As of Thursday, Mr. Rizzo, Deputy Attorney General and the third attorney for the defense, had not submitted the guide to the Judge yet. Our attorney called him and he promised to do so "in a day or two." Our attorney will follow up again on Monday.

The notification states that the guide is being "hand carried." I have this vision of Tim Conway's old man character from the Carol Burnett show trying to get through security at the Court House. (Am I dating myself?)

Wonderful, he probably has to finish telling the elephant story before he starts walking, this could take a while.. :icon_lol:

Harry