matt6669

Back Home

Now I know no one missed me but I am in fact back home from Mexico. And I'll tell you what, you can keep Mexico I'd rather live in NJ.

But we lucked out and had sun every day, it only rained at night time, so it turned out to be a decent trip none the less. Though I don't think you'll find me going back to Mexico anytime soon if ever.

So what'd I miss out on in the last week?

We were in Puerto Vallarta at an all-inclusive called Velas Vallarta. And while it was nice and all I prefer to travel places where the first language is English. Also the food was mostly terrible for the most part and the humidity was worse than anything I could of ever imagined in NJ.

I'll stick to my Caribbeans and go back to Hawaii again before I'd go back to Mexico.

We were in Puerto Vallarta at an all-inclusive called Velas Vallarta. And while it was nice and all I prefer to travel places where the first language is English. Also the food was mostly terrible for the most part and the humidity was worse than anything I could of ever imagined in NJ.

I'll stick to my Caribbeans and go back to Hawaii again before I'd go back to Mexico.

May I recommend the Punta Cana area on the east end of the island in the Dominican Republic, never had a bad time there, good food, top shelf liquor at most places, good entertainment, facilities and music. I do have an advantage there, my OL is from DR and both my daughter and wife speak Spanish, I know enough to know what they are saying but don't let out what I do know to keep that advantage. lol

Harry

I like the DR Myself.. been there 4 times. I go to Boca chica in Santa Domingo.

Always have a good time. No lack of "things" to do . :icon_twisted:

And if your single a lot of things to do. lol

I go a bunch of times a year, have family outside of the Santiago area and can just relax at the house with no worries but we do carry when there, mostly my BIL and OL being they can legally there but not me, but have access if something goes down, that fully loaded drum mag on the Siaga 12 is a good for clearing an area. There is a funny restriction on firearms down there, Military/Police are the only ones allowed to have a 45's, all we can own is 40's and smaller.

Harry

harry i went to puerta plata in dr and it was the worst vacation i ever had. i told myself that i would never go back but punta cana is better? although in puerta plata we had a txi driver take us to his fav local restaurant and for 40 bucks 5 of us ate like kings i had the best seafood salad type food anywhere and i do get around quite a bit. maybe the wifey and i will try pc next time.

harry i went to puerta plata in dr and it was the worst vacation i ever had. i told myself that i would never go back but punta cana is better? although in puerta plata we had a txi driver take us to his fav local restaurant and for 40 bucks 5 of us ate like kings i had the best seafood salad type food anywhere and i do get around quite a bit. maybe the wifey and i will try pc next time.

Puerto Plata is very good if you know where to stay but there are some crappy resorts and some times I have found out it can also be the time of year for some of them but with my wife being from there and she also owns her own travel agency she has the best info.

If you try Punta Cana you will be surprised, it's more catered to the visitor than either SDQ of POP, and more isolated from the towns, most of the staff who work there like the other resorts live at the resort but when they go home to there families for the few days off a month they get, most have to travel quite a distance. I also say that area is probably the safest out of the 3 major vacation locations on the island and to add there are 2 airports servicing the resort location.

Harry

Now I know no one missed me but I am in fact back home from Mexico. And I'll tell you what, you can keep Mexico I'd rather live in NJ.

But we lucked out and had sun every day, it only rained at night time, so it turned out to be a decent trip none the less. Though I don't think you'll find me going back to Mexico anytime soon if ever.

So what'd I miss out on in the last week?

I hope it was a family vacation that you didn't pay for. Still hoping Mexico and California sink into the sea. Just saying...