matt6669

CR/ANJRPC - Disappointment after Disappointment

Well you can join anjrpc or you can join and join range. There is a large price difference I paid for a year of range access and will only be able to use 6 months don't think trays being el cheapo and since when is the "my true colors" what does that mean dude

Dan- Eat my shorts!

No thanks man, no thanks. The guy is asking for them to suspend his membership for 6 months or so that he will not be using the range due to being out of the country. He paid for a range membership, not just an ANJRPC membership.

In any case SHOOTITALL should try to contact the membership guy - oh yeah, that's right, he/she don't answer emails...

A quick search on line turned up nothing for ANJRPC by-laws and I doubt anyone has a copy of the by-laws. I am going to have to try and find a way to obtain them.

OOh OOh! I know! Ask one of those freeby lawyers in the bi-monthly newsletter.(only being 1/2 sarcastic)

If Scott really is getting paid $150k to stay on, I find it appalling, however the blame is with the board of directors. He would be stupid not to take the money. =P

Start getting momentum and vote them out.

Frank, who has been pissing in your cheerios lately? Relax my friend.

jesus I leave for a few hours and my thread gets completely **** on. Talk your arguing bs somewhere else!

Maks that's pretty much the plan of attack. I think my first order of business is informing the membership base and I think the best way to do that is to start passing out flyers to people while I am at the range. Hopefully the person I contacted to make the flyer will want to donate his time to help make this happen. You need to inform in order to gain momentum so hopefully we can do this.

This board has GOT to go and we as members need to be shown the minutes, and shown the people who actually voted in favor of this because they now need to be on the chopping block. It's a shame to because if my information is correct one of our very own voted in favor of this measure and it deeply saddens me to hear this!

Has anyone ever used or contacted one of them for any reason.

If you are referring to the lawyers on retainer, I've used Gary Needleman personally and and also as a source of free info pertaining to gun law. (this is a bene you get w/ your membership)

jesus I leave for a few hours and my thread gets completely **** on. Talk your arguing bs somewhere else!

Maks that's pretty much the plan of attack. I think my first order of business is informing the membership base and I think the best way to do that is to start passing out flyers to people while I am at the range. Hopefully the person I contacted to make the flyer will want to donate his time to help make this happen. You need to inform in order to gain momentum so hopefully we can do this.

This board has GOT to go and we as members need to be shown the minutes, and shown the people who actually voted in favor of this because they now need to be on the chopping block. It's a shame to because if my information is correct one of our very own voted in favor of this measure and it deeply saddens me to hear this!

PM sent

the board vote is set up so that out of 30 board members there are 32 to choose from.so to vote everyone out would take 15 years.....they should all go.this business of dissing 5o caliber from the range really psses me off.the other guys with their personal conversations over loading a good thread is why i dont reply to the 50 cal fcsa board anymore.

Slight update:

It seems I might of been able to source an older copy of the bylaws from around 1990. Now knowing the history of this organization it's almost safe to say that these bylaws havn't changed in 50 years so we at least have a starting point. I will get them scanned in once I have them in my hands and anyone with a legal knowledge who would be willing to read through and make heads or tails of these, it would be greatly appreciated.

Also I am actively looking for someone with knowledge in graphic design who would be willing to help make up a simple flyer that could be passed out at CR to inform the members about the current SB debacle and how they can help.

I'm also thinking of setting up a simple gmail account to add to the flyer so that people can get on a mailing list etc.

M

I think handing out or posting a flyer AT Cherry Ridge complaining about Cherry Ridge may not be the best tactic. It may be better to take a more subtle, backchannel course of action. I know you're pissed off, but frankly, if you're that dismayed, don't renew. That'll teach them.

I don't think it has anything to do with pissing people off. In order to get something like this reversed we are going to need a group of people complaining about it. And I don't know of any other way to get a large enough group of people involved without getting them informed. I can't very well go around talking to every individual at CR but I can very easily walk around to the ranges handing out said flyers that have all the information they need on it to make their own opinions and what they want to do about it.

That's why I also think having the email account would be a good idea because I can get them to email the email account and start a contact list so I know how many people I have willing to fight the fight.

it's completely ridiculous Joe and you guys should stand up and ask why was this done! And where are the bids from multiple people to make sure we are getting the lowest price possible.

The corruption is absolutely ridiculous!

I just went to the new member meeting at CJ on Wednesday and just like Wolfy had mentioned any larger expense which I believe is 5k or more has to be passed by a majority vote of all the clubs members, I don't see why that other clubs member's wouldn't want to do the same. If it is true and confirmed that this guy is getting paid so much as just being the president that should be brought to the attention of all the members. I cant picture anyone being ok with that except the person getting paid.

Matt6669:

ANJRPC CREATES EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION, ENTERS NEW ERA

By Kathy Chatterton, ANJRPC Regional VP & Membership Chair

ANJRPC is pleased to announce that the Executive Board took the historic step of creating the position of ANJRPC Executive Director at its June 26th meeting, to ensure the ongoing professional management and leadership of the Association. The position carries with it the responsibility to manage the legal, legislative, political, and public affairs of ANJRPC. 26 Executive Board members were present for the meeting and there were no votes against the measure.

The position was then offered to ANJRPC President Scott Bach, who had announced earlier that he had no choice but to step down from leadership of ANJRPC at the end of his term in October to return to his law practice full time.

Bach, an attorney in his 40’s, has spent 70-90 hours a week for the last 6 years volunteering as ANJRPC president, and is largely credited with transforming the Association into a force to be reckoned with in the state capitol and the courts, and raising the Association’s profile in the media. Bach accepted the offer and is to begin serving as Executive Director August 1. He is also expected to remain President for one more year (overlapping his first year as Executive Director), in order to ready potential presidential successors and ensure a smooth leadership transition. He will then continue on solely as Executive Director until the Executive Board revisits the issue in mid-2013.

NRA Executive Vice President Wayne LaPierre extended congratulations on learning of the news, commenting "Whether he’s reinstating much-needed bear hunts or defeating senseless gun bans, every New Jersey gun owner benefits from Scott Bach’s dedication to freedom. I’m excited to watch him expand upon these important victories as ANJRPC’s Executive Director.”

NRA-ILA Executive Director Chris Cox also weighed in, saying "This is an important step for ANJRPC. Scott Bach has been a fierce advocate for New Jersey gun owners, with a significant record of achievement despite overwhelming odds. Having worked closely with Scott over the years, I have seen firsthand his commitment to gun owners not only in New Jersey - but across America. I continue to expect great things from Scott as ANJRPC's Executive Director.”

And NRA Past President Sandy Froman observed, "Scott Bach has put New Jersey gun owners on the map and given them a presence they’ve never had before. Through sheer force of will, he has defeated gun bans in a State House controlled by anti-gunners, and used the courts to advance a pro-Second Amendment agenda. He is uniquely suited to be ANJRPC’s Executive Director and I offer my congratulations and best wishes on this momentous occasion.”

Elaborating on the decision to create the new position, ANJRPC Executive VP Matt Carmel said, "As a volunteer-based organization, ANJRPC has made tremendous strides in recent years through the extraordinary efforts and personal sacrifices of several of its leaders. But it has been long overdue for us as an organization to take the next necessary step in our evolution and engage professional leadership as our sister state associations in Massachusetts, California, Illinois, Texas and Virginia, and of course NRA, have done,” continued Carmel. "Just as the NRA has its Executive Vice President in the person of Wayne LaPierre, ANJRPC now has its Executive Director in the person of Scott Bach.”

ANJRPC Treasurer Anthony Colandro also commented, "ANJRPC has experienced a tremendous increase in new members over the past few years, and we have been able to amass a sizeable war chest. With a solid financial picture and anticipated continued growth we are now in a position to retain highly qualified professionals to lead the organization. Bach has been instrumental in securing our position of influence both locally and nationally, and we will benefit greatly by having his undivided efforts continue on our behalf.” The Executive Director position is independently contracted and non-voting on the Executive Board.

Allan Johnson, ANJRPC past President and regional VP, commented, "We’ve been talking about creating this position for 20 years. It’s about time!”

Damn you are too fast Joe. I was just getting ready to post this!

Yes it's amazing how the dollar amount is conspicuously left out, what a disappointment.

They also make it sound like SB is stepping down from his law firm to pursue ANJRPC full time. THIS IS NOT THE CASE!!

Apparently the board voted for this unanimously and I believe that they all should be booted from the board. This is completely disgraceful.

My favorite line though is ANJRPC has become a force to be reckoned with in NJ. Are you kidding me, yeah you did a lot with the OGAM and the other ridiculous laws in NJ. Thanks for being that force to be reckoned with, your a joke!

Like the title says, disappointment after disappointment!

I just got that email too. Dollar amount is conspicuously absent.

Mostly because it's irrelevant. The organization is apparently thrilled with the job he's doing, and is of the opinion that he's worth every penny of whatever they're paying him. Through his activities, national attention is being brought to the NJ shooting community, the NRA seems to be in his corner (for whatever that;s worth) and membership is skyrocketing. Any organization, of any type, would write a blank check to anyone who could accomplish that.

I think you guy's should start coming to meetings and volunteering your time and see how it really works. You will also see how hard we break our asses behind the scenes. FYI we fought off OGAM for 5 years and because of a last minute reversal by a politician who made a deal with Corzine we lost!

I can count on one hand the people on this thread that show up for the yearly meetings, board meetings, and work weekends.

I was contemplating running for President and after a year of watching what SB dealt with as a volunteer I was smart enough to run away! At least 70 - 90 hrs per week of legislative, legal, and ANJRPC corp stuff on top on managing the range, range officers, and an all volunteer support staff. This does not include all the petty BS that goes with the job! Imagine 40 people directly reporting to you!

Most state organizations do not have a range and they all have some sort of paid staff that is in align with what Scott is being paid.

As an NRA Board member SB has also opened the door to us with the CRLDF where we receive hundred's of thousands of dollars per year to fight cases like OGAM and the RTK and the Port Authority case.

I volunteer my very precious time because I bleed the 2A and I am not moving out of NJ!

I hope to see you all get involved. God know's we could use the help.

Anthony

• Like 5

I think you guy's should start coming to meetings and volunteering your time and see how it really works.

I was contemplating running for President and after a year of watching what SB dealt with as a volunteer I was smart enough to run away! At least 70 - 90 hrs per week of legislative, legal, and ANJRPC corp stuff on top on managing the range, range officers, and an all volunteer support staff. This does not include all the petty BS...

Well said Anthony.

As an ANJRPC member, I agree with sentiment that the Board's strategic and tactical decisions meeting could have been communicated in a more timely manner, but that re-enforces, not opposes, the notion that ANJRPC has growing pains as a volunteer organization.

If our expectation of the Club is professional-level services in communications, membership enrollment, legislative monitoring and judicial petitions, it would be oxymoronic to criticize creation of professional roles and insist these services be served by volunteer staff.

As an ANJRPC member, I appreciate Matt's efforts to bring the matter to light. What I am not ready to do is criticize any of the board or Scott.

Well said Anthony.

As an ANJRPC member, I agree with sentiment that the Board's strategic and tactical decisions meeting could have been communicated in a more timely manner, but that re-enforces, not opposes, the notion that ANJRPC has growing pains as a volunteer organization.

If our expectation of the Club is professional-level services in communications, membership enrollment, legislative monitoring and judicial petitions, it would be oxymoronic to criticize creation of professional roles and insist these services be served by volunteer staff.

As an ANJRPC member, I appreciate Matt's efforts to bring the matter to light. What I am not ready to do is criticize any of the board or Scott.

Thank you! As I await the oncoming slaughter! LOL

Anthony you got a crap ton of people in this thread who said they would LOVE to come voice their opinions at meetings but you know what the problem is, not a single one of us can find a word, a mention, nada about the meetings.

Also as President it's his job to put people in position to delegate work out to other people. The fact that he decides the entire staff should report to him is his own controlling fault. Get people you trust into position to do volunteer work and you cut down on the amount of hours that you have to do baby-sitting tasks. Clearly his way of monitoring people wasn't working out with the complete debacle of a membership program.

I would love to serve on the board of ANJRPC but it wouldn't be fair for me to run for a position without knowing that in 6 months I would have to step down from that position due to relocating for a job. As soon as I know where I will be for the next few years, if it's in North Jersey you can bet your a** I'll be volunteering at CR/ANJRPC to make things better over there because as we all know it definitely could use the help.

And as Treasurer maybe you can shed some light on the issues of RO hours. Why is it one week I show up and there is now a mandate that an RO be on the pistol range at all times. Then a month later I go and there isn't an RO to be found. Then it turns out that the RO's hours were cut back due to "financial reasons?" If we have this so called "war chest" why are we not using it. God forbid something happens at one of the ranges at CR, that's all the bad press we'd need to shoot our own foot off. The anti's would jump all over this saying we can't even handle ourselves at a range and we want to be allowed to carry guns in public. Somethings that happen down there just don't make sense to me at all and when the board is unwilling to share their plans with their members you have issues that arise like this.

If ANJRPC was so excited about this "new position" why was it not email blasted a month ago stating we are thinking about creating this new position and we'd like to hear what our members think. Or we are voting on this new position at our next meeting, come out and share your opinions with us. Instead it's kept completely hush hush, it gets rammed through and then an email is sent out parading the idea. Show some transparency and maybe your members will start to trust you instead of start treating you like your own government.