TheMan

NJ LEE Exam Scores

We all know with the budget cuts and police layoffs right know; There aren't many Law Enforcement agencies hiring but i figured starting this thread would give individuals the opportunity to list their scores and give others a chance to see where they stand.

Please list last name, score and Veteran status. Thanks. Just reply to this thread with the info. Thanks. Ill start with mines.

• Like 1

Anybody who takes a LE Job in this state now should have their heads examined. You will be paying up to around 10% of your salary for your Health Insurance coverage, your pensions will be reduced to 60% at 25 years 65% at 30 (Or less as time goes by) or cut altogether, with a Minimum retirement age added. Departments are going to be regionalized which means chances for advancement will be much slower, and those towns that DO stay independent will see Civil Service disbanded, so the entire state will go back to the "Old-Boy" system where the only way someone will get hired is if they are politically connected, and without Civil Service protections, Guys will be fired for Doing their jobs if they arrest the "Wrong" person. I am Actively encouraging my little lambs to start looking out of state, and to the Feds. We were just informed that my dept is looking for 17 demotions and 9 layoffs, even though we will have at a MINIMUM, 17 retirements over half of which will carry rank.

I have 357 days left and a wakeup, and im glad to be going...because this profession is going to be destroyed over the next 10 years.

Anybody who takes a LE Job in this state now should have their heads examined. You will be paying up to around 10% of your salary for your Health Insurance coverage, your pensions will be reduced to 60% at 25 years 65% at 30 (Or less as time goes by) or cut altogether, with a Minimum retirement age added. Departments are going to be regionalized which means chances for advancement will be much slower, and those towns that DO stay independent will see Civil Service disbanded, so the entire state will go back to the "Old-Boy" system where the only way someone will get hired is if they are politically connected, and without Civil Service protections, Guys will be fired for Doing their jobs if they arrest the "Wrong" person. I am Actively encouraging my little lambs to start looking out of state, and to the Feds. We were just informed that my dept is looking for 17 demotions and 9 layoffs, even though we will have at a MINIMUM, 17 retirements over half of which will carry rank.

I have 357 days left and a wakeup, and im glad to be going...because this profession is going to be destroyed over the next 10 years.

Yes ive been looking into the feds. Honestly i will listen to what your saying but ill be willing to take those chances. Its always better to experience things before listening to someone else. Those are the type of things that cause people to miss out on opportunities that may benefit themselves and not others problems. thanks though lol

I say go for it, I am aware it 's at times a thankless and unfulfilling profession but we still need good,honest and trustworthy LEOs , but for Pete's sake don't be a dick and remember we're just like you. Good luck.

ps: check out posts by Fearthisinc and Tacguy911 to give you a better understanding of what you hopefully won't be if you choose this profession

pss: "The Man".?.... really? already strayed onto the path to Dickdom IMHO....

Wont be a smuck i promise. Leave my name alone im upset now lol. Cmon just wanted scores thats all.no comments thanks

Chill ....Busting balls is usually a sign of acceptance and brotherhood.but I don't count so heads up...

Oh boo-freakin-hoo

Your health insurance is only 10% of your salary and that's a bad thing?

Your pension is small? That's funny, half the private sector doesn't even know what a pension is anymore :lol:

• Like 2

Welcome to the real world.

• Like 3

KPD - I understand your point, you "bought in" to the PD at a time when the benefits were great to offset the risk and in some cases to offset a meager salary. However, in the past 20 yrs, the salary has increased at a rate equal to or greater than the public sector without a commensurate decrease in benefits. Look - you are now crying (well, not crying but you know what I mean) about having to pay 10% of your health insurance. You ought to check out what the private sector is like. 25% at least. Some firms will pay for 75% of the employee and NONE of his family... For real man.

Pension - oy, where to go from here... Pensions are a vestige from a different era when 401k's and IRA's were not "available". IMO, all the pension plans should be converted into individual plans, 401k 403b whatever, something where your retirement is (directly) dependent on what you have invested over the years. I'm not saying you haven't invested in your pension - I know you have, but it's been mismanaged, and frankly should have been converted long ago. Now, the public sector is dealing with what the private sector has dealt with all along, but on a much accelerated schedule. Yes, life will suck for a while, maybe even for a few decades, and then it will even out and be "fair" again. Whose definition of "fair"? I'm not sure...

• Like 2

Oh boo-freakin-hoo

Your health insurance is only 10% of your salary and that's a bad thing?

Your pension is small? That's funny, half the private sector doesn't even know what a pension is anymore :lol:

Nope MY pension and benefits are untouched..new hirees however are going to be making what I did 10-15 years ago by the time thigns are done. Laugh all you want now..but you get the Police you pay for. Take a GOOD look at New Orleans. Of course i'm SURE you'll be happy to wait for hours for a simple service call, or no response at all. Me? I'll be sitting on a beach chair sipping a Beer. Laughing at all the complaining about how much the "New" cops suck, how it takes forever to get any kind of response, and how NONE of your taxes went down an iota, but all of the police opresence in your area is kept in the urban zones and you folks in the Burbs' are paying for nothing.

Kevin Cartwright, 84.5, No veteran status. Yeah my chances are very slim ... stinks too as I'm one of the good guys ... really I am.

Idk it seems that anything above an 80 is good. You should be ok. You have two years anyways to get hired

. Of course i'm SURE you'll be happy to wait for hours for a simple service call, or no response at all.

I could really give two shits buddy. All the cops in my town and the surrounding towns are just meter-maids or ticket machines anyway. Hey, lay em off what do I care, less of a hassle if I park in the wrong spot :lol:

• Like 2

I could really give two shits buddy. All the cops in my town and the surrounding towns are just meter-maids or ticket machines anyway. Hey, lay em off what do I care, less of a hassle if I park in the wrong spot :lol:

And i feel the same about your opinion...Buddy You have a Nice day now...Y'hear?

If you plan on getting any job right now you need to either be in the top 5% or be connected. Cops are getting laid off and are looking for places to work, add in the new applicants, and less job opportunities. This is not meant to discourage anyone, but you need to look at the reality of the situation and prepare for the worst. I was looking into taking the test last fall, but all the positions i was looking at weren't even taking applicants. The NJSP havent held any hiring processes in the past 2 or 3 years. The DEP and F&W suspended hiring and you need a 4 year degree with them. Some PD's are even eliminating positions entirely and restructuring creating less advancements.

Your score itself should not be your main concern, you need to find out what percent bracket you fall under. I'm not 100% sure, but you could get hired with a 90% and turned away with a 95% score. Veteran status can be a huge huge factor. They haven't even announced when the next application date will be. I personally don't even understand the hiring process, and feel it is a complete hoax.

If you plan on getting any job right now you need to either be in the top 5% or be connected. Cops are getting laid off and are looking for places to work, add in the new applicants, and less job opportunities. This is not meant to discourage anyone, but you need to look at the reality of the situation and prepare for the worst. I was looking into taking the test last fall, but all the positions i was looking at weren't even taking applicants. The NJSP havent held any hiring processes in the past 2 or 3 years. The DEP and F&W suspended hiring and you need a 4 year degree with them. Some PD's are even eliminating positions entirely and restructuring creating less advancements.

Your score itself should not be your main concern, you need to find out what percent bracket you fall under. I'm not 100% sure, but you could get hired with a 90% and turned away with a 95% score. Veteran status can be a huge huge factor. They haven't even announced when the next application date will be. I personally don't even understand the hiring process, and feel it is a complete hoax.

That was my point Jack. Not "Crying" as some would put it, but making sure these guys know the realities of what the job is becoming. Reduction, and Consolidation. Camden is a harbinger of what is coming...All of the "Nice Communities" are going to get diddley for their tax dollars, while the majority gets funneled into Camden and it's surrounding war zone. nobody wants a cop around..until of course THEY need one..then they want them RIGHT NOW. My Dept went through this in the mid 1990s, we were attrited of a full quarter of our manpower, and as a result cal times went up, services were reduced or eliminated, and the taxpayers were pissed..by the end of 2012 it will be the same way again, and my agency will be seeing a 100% restructuring, and a lot of the communi9ty service stuff people take for granted will no longer be done.

Hiring process is quite easy actually. I just took the latest test (only for corrections) and for the hell of it. It would be a huge pay cut if i took it. But with overtime and A LOT less benefits out of my pocket, it could work. I scored a 97.5 and have not had a call yet. Veterans deserve the preference as long as they are qualified. I am a Vet, but a non combat vet, so it does not help me. The test is given every two years i believe, and your score is good for 2 years. Most guys that get disqualified with a high score have something in their past they either were not honest about, or the state did not like. A lot harder to find a position right now, impossible, no. If i was young and single, i would be hitting nay other state that is hiring!

Hiring process is quite easy actually.

It really depends on where you are applying. The hiring process has taken a huge turn in the past couple years due to the overflow of applicants. The same can be said with O.T. for the military. They have a much larger pool to hire from right now then in the past, and they're looking for people with the highest credentials ranging from test scores, experience, education and physical health. When you put that all together, if your lacking in any one area the hire process becomes that much more difficult for you. Take into account veteran priority and "cronyism" if you don't fall under one or the other your already at a considerable disadvantage. The reason i said i think the process is a hoax is because it's very "standard", and status and politics influence what makes a good LEO.

The same could be said for many professions, when you get 1,000 applicants the ones which get considered are usually because they were pulled out for one reason or another.

Nope MY pension and benefits are untouched..new hirees however are going to be making what I did 10-15 years ago by the time thigns are done. Laugh all you want now..but you get the Police you pay for. Take a GOOD look at New Orleans. Of course i'm SURE you'll be happy to wait for hours for a simple service call, or no response at all. Me? I'll be sitting on a beach chair sipping a Beer. Laughing at all the complaining about how much the "New" cops suck, how it takes forever to get any kind of response, and how NONE of your taxes went down an iota, but all of the police opresence in your area is kept in the urban zones and you folks in the Burbs' are paying for nothing.

i for one would hope that any "new cops" would be as professional as the current cops that we pay very well, and if they dont like the pay than the can get another job, most towns have way to many in the first place. when they can spare 2 guys to set up cones and stand in the middle of rt 9 in pine beach and back up traffic for a half mile just to check inspection and seatbelts then they have to many cops. the only thing township cops should be doing is making sure my property is safe while im at work or late at night

i for one would hope that any "new cops" would be as professional as the current cops that we pay very well, and if they dont like the pay than the can get another job, most towns have way to many in the first place. when they can spare 2 guys to set up cones and stand in the middle of rt 9 in pine beach and back up traffic for a half mile just to check inspection and seatbelts then they have to many cops. the only thing township cops should be doing is making sure my property is safe while im at work or late at night

Unfortunately that is a rather simplistic view of the law enforcement industry in my opinion, and let us not forget that it is indeed an industry. Leo's today have to pay their way for the most part and many a suburban force would flounder if not for the extra revenue generated by tickets.... For good or bad is infinitely debatable but it has become a matter of fact, the vast majority of those on the job disagree and rightly so... simply because they didn't sign up for that duty in the academies but there they are.... estatz revenue collectors

Some get bitter and embrace the us against them attitude simply as a defense mechanism, some adopt a robocop stance out of insecurity but most go to work every day just trying to house, clothe and feed their families.

I unfortunately seem to attract Robocops....Oh well.